- Lead and Direct Teams of Network Technicians While Managing/Supporting Complex Networks/Systems
- Accomplished Network and Systems Administrator with substantial experience managing networking and systems projects.
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining in addition to diagnosing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing networks/systems for internal/external clients.
- Strong qualifications in system administration, network administration, Exchange administration, Active Directory administration, scripting, programming, LAN/WAN operations support, Cisco networking, SAN as well as Hyper - V and VMWare administration.
- Accustomed to leading by example in setting the standards for performance and productivity.
- Conduct training and performance evaluations to develop and improve service level.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in providing security and maintenance for servers, network infrastructure, and storage.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Network Architecture/Services Complex Technical Project Management Requirements Management
- Enterprise Data Storage Budgeting & Cost - Effectiveness Vendor Relationship Management System Security Hardening
- Strategic/Operational IT Planning Application Solutions Delivery Office 365 Product Suite Quality Assurance/Control
- Internal/Compliance Audits Server Backups & Data Archiving Software Configuration & Maintenance
Programming: Perl, Python, VBScript, Jscript, as well as Install Shield Programs NMAP, PUTTY\ OPEN SSH, SSL Certs, GFI LanGuard for USB lockdown, SolarWinds, Microsoft IIS, DFS, DHCP, Azure Cloud Management
Operating Systems / Software: Windows, Mac, Linux
Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Cisco Networks, SAN Disk Subsystems, UPS, Multimedia devices SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), WSUS, LANDESK, WDS (Windows Deployment Server) Microsoft Sysinternals Tools, Wireshark, Windbg, NTSD, Active Directory Management Tool Hyena, Juniper firewall, VMWARE, Hyper-V, Cisco Networks, Brocade Switches, Fiber Channel SAN, MITEL VOIP Server Admin
- Set up, configured, and upgraded systems, including Cisco Network, NetApp SAN Storage, Microsoft HyperV, MiTel VOIP, APC UPS, Windows Servers 2008-2019, Exchange and SQL servers
- Completed Engineering application SolidWorks System upgrades
- Managed full-cycle staff leadership; hired, trained, evaluated, and terminated employees and increased staff proficiency by conducting technical training on networks and servers.
- Meticulous in providing extensive and unparalleled help desk service and support to 135+ end-users.
- Conducted Exchange Server Management and completed all front-end work during the Office 365 upgrade/integration.
- Reduced inefficiencies through comprehensive Security, SOX, government, and L3 corporate compliance reporting.
- Managed a wide range of technical functions, including AD management, ISCSI storage support, virtual storage management, backup restores, desktop PC hardware support, and all server hardware/server room hardware support.
- Desktop management by SCCM.
- Forecast, managed, and allocated a $1.2M+ annual budget used for equipment, software, and salary. Ensured the highest level of efficiency while executing corporate-defined directives to meet and exceed operational goals.
Confidential, San Luis
Network and Systems Administrator
- Technical specialist and Microsoft technologies Administrator, in charge of providing support for college servers and network as well as custom academic applications.
- Conducted scripting administrator tasks and custom applications on multiple platforms, including PowerShell, Perl, PHP, and VBScript.
- Dedicated to improving cost-effectiveness, customer service, and service delivery.
- Well-versed in identifying and executing requirements for technology implementation.
- Provide high-level technical support for end-users, ensuring the thorough examination of various challenges and providing well-tested solutions.
- Conducted backend server administration; successfully achieved and maintained 99% uptime and improved efficiency.
- Reduced redundancy with PowerShell scripts to clean up, streamline, and improve systems and processes.
- Conducted detailed training to administrators to improve efficiency and proficiency in network and server administration and infrastructure management. Served as Administrator for the following:
- System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- SolarWinds for Management and Monitoring
- LAMP Linux servers
- Active Directory
- VMware ESX Server Farm (Administration and Implementation)
- Exercised discretion, discernment, and strict attention to detail while executing certificate management, security, system-wide patching, and malware management. Created custom scripts and setups for academic-specific applications.
- Held sole accountability for patching infrastructure (SCCM), patching client and server systems, and 3rd party apps. Office365 architect for cloud migration