- Highly motivated network professional with over 25 years industry experience
- Expert at strategically aligning talent and technology resources to complete design and deployment projects that directly impact revenue, competitive advantage, customer experience, and profitability.
- Profound understanding of wireless client device behavior that enables prevention of bottlenecks and accommodation of non - standard devices through inclusion, testing and validation as part of design process.
- Wireless network architect with experience at multiple Fortune 10 companies with global responsibility.
- Cradle to grave ownership of wireless design of manufacturing warehouses up to 1.2 million sq. ft
- Performed / Validated all aspects of wireless site survey and spectrum analysis using Ekahau Site survey and Ekahau Sidekick
- Started initiatives to design templates for automation of wireless roll outs. Using Meraki cloud and Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Troubleshot wireless escalation issues at various distributions centers around the United States
- Provide architectural and solution expertise, direction, and assistance to vendors, partners and internal teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in Infrastructure and systems architecture, including analysis of cost benefits and reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of the overall Wireless Infrastructure network and systems development efforts. Recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
Staff Infrastructure Architect (Wireless)
- Strategic Design and Architecture: of 1300+ Cisco Wireless Lan controllers. Throughout Confidential global footprint. ( 08 / 5520 )
- Transitioned wireless connectivity to a service-based offering by partnering with industry leaders in both the client and infrastructure space. With a focus on developing an all wireless office strategy.
- Managed strategic and tactical plans to complete highly complex migrations of Confidential global locations to new cloud based wireless solution, (Aruba Central / Meraki) achieving successful transitions with minimal down time.
- Designed, developed content and delivered Manufacturing design practicum to empower Confidential Brilliant Factory to create and support Zero touch deployment Wi-Fi designs, resulting in significant cost savings and better user experience and increased productivity
- Partner with internal decision makers, project teams and partners in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining global wireless network infrastructure
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
Wireless Network Engineer
- Created Scripts to facilitate management / reporting on 220+ controllers and 15000 access points globally
- Audit / enforce global wireless standards across entire enterprise.
- Managed / Maintained Cisco enterprise wireless management platform on a global scale
- Converted Cisco WCS to Cisco NCS / Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3x
- Designed / Architected plan for global migration from Windows based ACS 4.2 to Linux based ACS 5.3 with integrated Active Directory support
- Architected / deployed Exalt 5005R wireless bridges
- Designed / supported Cisco Outdoor MESH 24SB network to replace older Cisco bridge network (over 250 mesh access points globally and growing).
- Global BYOD project utilizing Cisco ISE 1.2 integrating iOS and Android devices
- 4th level support of complex wireless issues
- High level Spectrum analysis and wireless RF packet analysis
- Developing / designing standards for Voice over Wireless on global network
- Converted entire manufacturing plants from Autonomous to lightweight access points
Confidential, Warren, MI
Information Assurance Network Manager
- Conduct reviews of the network architecture for vulnerabilities.
- Prepare, disseminate, and maintain plans, instructions, and standing operating procedures (SOPs) concerning network security.
- Conduct reviews of network threats and vulnerabilities per this regulation and the IAVM process.
- Analyze and maintain network audit data.
- Install / maintain / upgrade Cisco ASA5540 firewall for the whole Confidential on both classified and unclassified networks
Confidential, Warren, MI
Senior Network Engineer Leader
- Lead network engineer for St John healt h systems, part of an elite six man unit primarily responsible for the network design, configuration, implementation, troubleshooting, and administration of all St John Hospital data / wireless networks at the highest level 30000+ users and 3000 device Cisco network.
- Define network hardware, High Availability/Fault Tolerance/Redundancy, Network Security, address management, software/firmware version, patch maintenance, configuration management, and reporting standards.
- Planned and implemented Cisco wireless control system (WCS) version 4 with over 5000 access points. Used cisco lightweight access points, Utilized Cisco spectrum expert for spectrum analysis and Airmagnet wifi analyzer to troubleshoot Wireless issues
- Performed wireless site surveys using Airmagnet survey pro.
Confidential, Warren, MI
Senior Network Engineer
- Senior Member of a 6 person team responsible for maintaining 99.999% uptime of Confidential network for 6000+ local users, as well as several remote WAN sites via T1 and DS3, including Selfridge Confidential .
- Manage Project on 1.6 million dollar Cisco Hardware lease refresh: Saved $300,000 on costs by eliminating waste and unneeded equipment
- Network Life cycle management team lead of upgrade / redesign of existing network converted Dual core 6509 switches from CATOS hybrid mode using supervisor 1A to dual redundant supervisor 720’s running Native IOS.
- Provide all manner of network support for SIPRNET / NIPRNET utilizing Remedy for change management and control