- Around 9 years of IT experience in the areas of Solution Architecture, Analysis, Design, Development, Integration and supporting the WebSphere Suit of products.
- Expertise in performance tuning and optimization for various WebSphere products.
- Extensive experience in design and architecture of enterprise applications using MQSI (IIB), MQ series (IBM MQ), WAS on platforms like windows, Z/Linux.
- Knowledge on WebSphere suite of products ( WAS, BPM, IBM MQ, IIB)
- Good Knowledge in Java programming.
- Expertise in setting and configuring MQ monitoring tools like IBM Tivoli Enterprise portal.
- Knowledge on Shell scripting, ANT scripting, scheduling jobs using crontab.
- Hands on experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins, Big data tools like Splunk.
- Experienced in deploying solutions to High Availability (HA), Load Balancing Configurations eliminating single points of failure.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting issues in both intermediate and high technical levels
- Proven experience in project management, technical, analytical, application deployment, and system administration, task automation skills, focusing on the performance of project day to day operations, risk analysis and information analysis through technology solutions.
- Excellent communication, team, leadership and management skills.
- Providing 24/7 Oncall support.
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY:
Tools: /Software IBM MQ ( 6.X,7.X, 8.X) ; IBM Integration Bus ( V9.x, V10.x);WebSphere Application Server (7.X) ;IBM HTTP Server; IBM BPM V8.x ; Apache Tomcat ; Splunk ; Jenkins ; LDAP ; IBM DB2 ; SQL ; Microsoft Office/Excel/PowerPoint; HPSM ; CA Service desk
Languages: C, Java, HTML, JSP, Servlet
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/10, Z/Linux, UNIX.
- Installation, Configuration, Integration and maintenance of IBM MQ and IIB.
- Created and configured MQ Objects like Queue Managers, Local Queues, Alias Queues, Remote queues, Transmission Queues, Dead Letter Queues, Clustered Queues, Channels, Listeners, Topics, Subscriptions, Clusters, Triggers, and Processes in DEV, TEST and PROD environments.
- Configured/added/removed/managed queue managers in a clustered environment.
- Authentication and Authorization using LDAP.
- Built DEV Environments from scratch and followed through to TEST and Successful PRODUCTION Deployment
- Monitored and maintained MQ Objects in DEVELOPMENT, TEST and PRODUCTION Environments using MQ Explorer and IBM Tivoli Enterprise Portal.
- Monitored log files of Clusters, Queues and Queue Managers
- Configured Publish/subscribe models.
- Problem determination using Queue Manager Error logs.
- Set Authorities on Queue Managers, Channels, and Queues.
- Checked for and Set MQ Authorities for different Applications Teams.
- Created/Configured MQSI ODBC, Policy Set, Policy Bindings.
- Import / Export s on both MQ and IIB servers for both One way and two way SSL authentication.
- Set up/assign/alter Various SOAP, HTTP,DEBUG ports.
- Set up/configure ODBC/JDBC connections.
- Create channel definition tables, binding files required for client connections.
- Create/Configure Workload management policies for tuning IIB flows performance.
- Involved in developing backup and recovery procedures.
- Edited and Updated CronJobs as and when required for rotating log files, backing up queue managers
- Performance Tuning on Queue Managers and Channels
- Maintained and Documented MQ Installs and Upgrades on various Platforms
- Opened PMRs with IBM and documented the fixes.
- Performed regular on - call duties like scheduled MQ bounces during server upgrades
- Documented all upgrade and install procedures
- Trained Team members on WebSphere Product support.
- Provided 24x7 on-call support
- Worked as a WebSphere Administrator for the client Confidential, a leading Automobile Insurer. Job profile included migrating WAS from UNIX to Linux and administration of WAS supporting the migrated applications.
- Collected the requirements and completed the assessment on required applications.
- Build the applications on Linux environment
- Completed the UAT test and do the required changes
- Completed the cut-over on allotted change windows and supported issues raised using log files.
- Determined outage (e.g. database, server, and network) impact on applications.
- On-call coverage rotation to deliver 24x7 incident response and resolution.
- Configured Web Sphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources.
- Configured Server for LDAP security.
- Involved in Creating and Managing the Nodes, Application Server’s.
- Ensured every ticket is being walked from inception to satisfactory completion in the shortest possible time, with the best quality of response.
- Ensuring that all components are at supported levels.
WebSphere Message Broker & MQ Admin
- Install, configure, administer and support WBI Adaptors, MQ (MQSeries), Message Broker and R3 Links.
- Worked on MB & MQ administration for product & Fix pack installations and version upgrades of WebSphere MQ, writing admin batch/shell scripts, configure and monitor MQ Listeners, Command Servers, Channel initiators, Trigger Monitors, MQ Log files & Dead Letter Queues, SSL configurations etc.
- Migration of WebSphere Message brokers 22.214.171.124 & MQ v6.0.4 & to WebSphere message broker v126.96.36.199 & WebSphere MQ v7.0.
- Migration of WMQ 188.8.131.52 to WMQ 184.108.40.206
- Configured Multi instance Queue Manager and MQ HACMP by using power HA.
- Configured MQ and Message Broker SSL by using Authority.
- Configured WMQ with SIBus in WAS
- Managing the projects from a system's perspective, develop high - level implementation plans, lead systems requirements meetings, identify issues, complete gap analysis and scoping, and act as a liaison to subject matter experts as needed.
- Administer of MQ objects, brokers, Execution groups for existing/new interfaces.
- Requirement gathering & preparing delivery catalogues. Producing design documents & risk and impact analysis report.
WebSphere Message Broker Application Support & WMQ Admin
- Worked on the Message Broker Production Support issues.
- Design, develop, unit test and integrate Message Broker flows.
- Work on deployment of Message Broker flows across different environments. (Dev, QA, Performance, Stage, Production and Production Fix).
- De - commissioning old MQ Servers where new servers are put in place.
- Deployment of components of the middleware, define configuration objects and messaging environments.
- Deploying Bar files into Message Broker across all non-production environments.
- Installing fix packs and testing the resolution before carrying out to other environments
- Supporting production issues related to WMB, WMQ, and WTX process flows.
- Part of go-live and post-go-live team.
- Worked with Architects and System Analysts to understand technical and business needs.
- Worked with CVS and COBOL copy book message formats.
- Integrating MQ environment with WebSphere Message Broker.
- Creating the Type Trees for WTX Mapping.
- Configured Queues on the AIX.
- Working on the MQ nodes, WTX node and Compute node.
- Worked on the SOAP UI tool to test deployed Web services.
MQ /Message Broker Consultant
- Completed many application programs with MQ Series, COBOL/CICS/DB2.
- Prepared Batch JCL job streams for MQ triggering.
- Worked as key member of the EAI group, participated in the development of enterprise application integration using MQ Series and MQSI.
- Moved data across the legacy system and client server systems as well as across multi platforms.
- Was responsible for MQ Series message queues infrastructure and design and queue managers clustering configuration, MQ series environment creation, and troubleshooting.
- Worked as MQ Series Middleware internal consultant for multiple application system development projects ranging from small to very large scale.
- Provided technical advice to development teams in MQ Series planning, message queues and channels design and technical guidance including toolboxes user exits.
- Provided technical courses for project teams.
- Resolved software problems with IBM.
Environment: MQ Series, MQ Series Integrator 1.1 and 2.01, IBM Mainframe MVS, OS 390, HP UNIX, Window NT, and AS400, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle 8.0, ERP Clarify and Oracle Financial, EDI, COBOL/CICS, VSAM, C/C++, ESQL, Visual Interdev
WebSphere MQ Engineer
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Involved in creating of WMQ objects like Queue Managers, Queues, and Channels, PUB/SUB. Setup MQ connections to establish connections between various MB components
- Created WMQ Cluster to provide the high availability and for workload balancing.
- Upgrade MQ through both manual process and automated process using scripts.
- Provide the Client Channel Tables to the Applications to provide the failover Technology.
- Configuration of WMQ/WMB/WAS for the application requirements.
- Troubleshooting using MQ and MB error logs, event viewer.
- Integrate, automate, and manage efficient and flexible business processes at the Enterprise level.
- Created the subscriptions, topics etc. in the broker pub sub
- Setup security using the Object Authority Manager.
Environment: Putty, AIX, WebSphere MQ v7.0, WMB, Java, Linux RedHat.