An experienced and a responsible System Administrator with a great ability to support the server and seeking to achieve meaningful employment with a company which will allow me to address and solve their technical needs, by applying my experience within the areas of system administration and ability to complete deadline - driven projects.
- Over 3 years of IT industry experience with Windows and Unix/Linux System Administration and Support of various applications on a multi-servers environment, I have specialized in working with the command line interface in Windows and UNIX/Linux systems.
- I have a Master skill in managing and administrating Active Directory, application deployment, installing and configuring technical issues with a strong troubleshooting skill.
- I’m hardworking and goal oriented with a professional skill and knowledge of system administration, geographic information system, technical knowledge, other Core Competencies include:
- Installing, upgrading and configuring windows and linux servers.
- Installing and with citrix on VDI
- Installation and configuration of SSH software to provide secure logins for clients involved in shell and data transfer.
- Backup and restoring user from local to cloud
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of VMware (ESXi 4.x & 5.x) in an Enterprise Environment and also configuring Virtual Machines on the VMware host
- Management of disks on Red Hat Servers using LVM, creating volumes, file system and resizing volume
- Installation and configuration of Local Repository to assist with software updates
- User/ File management; Adding, removing and giving access rights to users on a server. Changing permissions, ownership of files and directories, and assigning special privileges to selected users and scheduling system related jobs.
- Server Hardening to prevent attacks and hacking and generation of SSH authentication keys
- Experienced in Troubleshooting Linux Systems identifying Hardware, software (both OS and Application level), and networking Issues
- Scripting;(Bash) writing scripts from scratch to automate tasks.
- Utilizing SAR, Netstat, Iostat and Vmstat for performance analysis, tuning and capacity planning, problem prevention, detection and resolution.
- Configuration of various Remote access clients on Machines including iDRAC(Dell)
- Experienced in RAID configuration for performance improvement and redundancy
- NOC /Data Center experience. Have had access to various Colos & Data Centers and have the opportunity to troubleshoot servers at these locations.
- Over 4 years of experience specialized in System Administration working on Redhat Linux, Cent OS, Fedora and window environments.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Maintenance of Linux.
- Experience upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Worked with Database administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights. Disk space and process monitoring in RedHat Linux.
- Experience in configuration of NFS. DNS, LDAP, HTTP, DHCP, ftp, remote access management and security troubleshooting skills.
- Experience on Web servers such as Apache Server 1.x, 2.x, & Tomcat 3.x, 4.x.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Presentation and Organization Skills
- Responsible and committed to work
- Able to perceive and find solution to challenging problems
- Able to withstand hectic and responsible jobs
- A high level of energy, commitment and the ability to combine keen strategic sense with enthusiasm
- A great team player with good inter-personal skills and able to relate to all manner of persons
- Willingness to adopt and manage change
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY AND EXPERTISE:
Operating Systems: Windows 7, 10 and RHEL 3/4/5/6/7, Ubuntu, CentOS.
Software: MS-PROJECT, Linux file system, MS Office, ESX 4.x, 5.x, Tomcat, Web/ Application Server, Apache, Oracle.
Servers/Services: NFS, SSH, Telnet, Apache, DNS, Nslookup, Netstat, Nagios, TCP/IP and TCP DUMP, LDAP VI Editor, gedit
Windows and Linux System Administrator
- Experience administering, installing, configuring and maintaining systems
- Configuring and administrating users and system administrator account.
- Managing users account and password reset in Active Directory
- Issuing and managing User Tokens for VDI login
- Deploying and Installing Administrative tools and software’s
- Imaging and Deploying Baseline Applications on Devices
- Backing and Restoring files User Profile & Data
- Managing and Deploying Network Printers
- Configuring User Profile on Outlook 365 and exchange server
- Managing Organization inventory and Checklist
- Configuring and Deploying Cisco VIOP phones
- Monitoring and managing ticking system
- Patching Switches from DLS to voice and Data.
- Decrypting and Imaging PC’s
- Experience installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Skilled With Commanding Line Interface.
- Configuring User Credentials User Personal Identification and Verification ID Card
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and REDHAT Linux.
- Configures DNS, NFS, FTP, remote access, and security management.
- Creates Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center.
- Installs, upgrades and manages packages via RPM and YUM package management
- Installs Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Installs, configures and supports Apache on Linux production servers.
- Manages Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problem.
- Manages systems routine backup, scheduling jobs and enabling cron jobs.
- Administers VMware Infrastructure Client 3.5 and Vsphere 4.1.
- Works with Database administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations.
- Installed RedHat Linux using kickstart.
- Created, cloned Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs, enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Performed RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Installed and configured Logical Volume Manager - LVM and RAID.
- Documented all setup procedures and System related Policies (SOP’s).
- Provided 24/7 technical support to Production and development environments
- Administrated DHCP, DNS, and NFS services in Linux.
- Created and maintained user’s accounts, profiles, security, rights disk space and process monitoring.
- Provided technical support by troubleshooting Day - to-Day issues with various Servers on different platforms.
- Develop and Maintain documents, library and procedural documents of the system
- Installation, configuration & maintenance of Sun Solaris 9 and10 on Sun Servers and Sun Workstations and RHEL 5, 6 and 7
- Creation of Users, Groups and mount points for NFS support;
- Management of user accounts, files and directory permissions, and securing UNIX systems to match industry best practices;
- Provides system administrative support for servers and workstations