Information Technology Specialist with extensive experience in the IT field adapting to an ever - changing environment and maintain an efficient network environment. My personal motto is ‘Find a Way’. I use creative problem solving to impact company performance, maintain profitability through knowledge, research and ingenuity. I also have several years of supervisor experience.
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Linux Server
- Windows XP 10
- Hyper V
- Cloud Server Platforms
- SQL Server
- Exchange Server
- Microsoft CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Group Policy
- Disaster Recovery
- Network Security
- Remote Desktop Service
- Distributed File System
- Multiple Backup Solutions
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Office 365
- G: Suite
- Microsoft Azure
- Network Design
- Failover Internet
- Failover Cluster
- SD: WAN
- Mobile Device Management
- Project Management
- MFA Management
- Multiple Ticket Systems
- Continue to provide IT services for Confidential under a non-binding contract.
- This is one of the two companies I had been responsible for in my most recent prior employer.
- After Event Solutions outsourced their IT the CEO of Confidential asked that I continue as System Administrator for his three-site company.
- Provided help desk services for employees of all three sites plus administration staff.
- Migrated Confidential email from internal server to a G-Suite hosted system.
- Configured and maintained the Vonage VOIP phone system.
- Upgraded 2012R2 virtual server to 2019 Server.
- Provide computer and infrastructure maintenance for Confidential .
- Responsible for the secure operation of systems and network infrastructure of a multisite nationwide company.
- Provided desktop support, network maintenance and system maintenance while developing new network systems.
- Oversaw all network equipment, servers, desktops, laptops, in-house and web-based solutions.
- Supported other peripheral items such as phones and security camera systems. When the Vice President of Information Technology position was eliminated, those responsibilities were added to my own and I was given the title of Director of IT Infrastructure.
- Another automotive related company, Confidential, was purchased during this period which required me to design, integrate and support the new but separate company network and manage new systems.
- The expansion of the system infrastructure required me to oversee the configuration and installation of new network equipment in remote locations.
- Simultaneously performed the duties of System Administrator, Network Administrator and Director of IT.
- Used my versatility to drive the evolution of the IT environment while the demands on the IT department were increasing, and IT staff was reduced.
- Migrated from an in-house 2010 Exchange Server to the cloud-based Office 365 system.
- Upgraded from PSTN phone system to a companywide VOIP system.
- Configured and incorporated a new mobile device management system.
- Upgraded to a new IPSEC VPN system to better meet the user’s needs.
- Maintained in-house and web-based systems serving company, client and partner personnel.
- Upgraded existing wireless system to a more secure system using RADIUS authentication. This permitted company computers to securely connect without a passphrase and segmented guest wireless to a separate VLAN.
- Established new network audit and security policies.
- Developed a disaster recovery plan with minimal resources. This plan contained key components such as redundant backups, isolated air-gap backups, disaster recovery scenarios and rebuild kits. Each rebuild kit contained all software and information necessary to rebuild each server.
- Wrote company network documentation to increase efficiency and detailed enough to rebuild the domain with only this documentation if needed.
- Oversaw and coordinated third-party vendors and contractors.
- Provided all network services and IT support for a Southfield based insurance marketing firm.
- Responsibilities included maintaining, planning and upgrading of company network environment encompassing main office and satellite offices.
- Maintained all network equipment including firewalls, switches and routers.
- Migrated existing Exchange 2003 Server to Exchange 2010.
- Maintained the Mitel-SunTel VOIP phone system.
- Maintained Microsoft CRM and SCCM systems
- Configured and maintained Unified Messaging Service.
- Provided Helpdesk services for inhouse and remote location.
- Provided Network Administrator services as a sub-contractor for two IT firms.
- Examples of services provided: corrected network security concerns for a financial consulting firm, performed a domain migration project for an industrial firm and routine domain maintenance.
- I also provided IT services under contract for Confidential in a laptop deployment project for Confidential.
- Configured and installed a new SAN device for an IT services provider which I was contracted.
- Maintained VCenter Server for a newly re-opened auto-based factory.
- Maintain Citrix Virtual Desktop environment for a medium sized healthcare organization.
Senior Technology Services Specialist
- Provided network services for Metro Detroit Area small to medium sized businesses.
- Serviced multifunction devices, printers, scanners, wide-format printers and their related software.
- Rebuilt domain hosted on a failed domain controller from information obtained from an outdated backup and information remaining on workstations.
- Used IT skills to troubleshoot and solve problems with various network configurations, network equipment and applications.
- Maintained and created networks for small to medium sized companies.
- Researched and configured customers’ specialized software when needed.