Five years of technical experience in Windows and Linux enterprise systems. Served as the OCONUS Program Manager with R - 4 for the HEADS Gen II and Blast Gauge Data Programs at Bagram, Afghanistan where I was personally responsible for mission success and accountability. Served as Security Manager at FOB Echo, Diwaniya, IRAQ and was responsible for all facets of FOB security from operations to logistics, personnel training and certification.
Hardware: Apollo 2000 Server Chassis, ProLiantXL170r Gen 10 Servers, Brocade 6510 Switch, Nimble SAN
Operating Systems: Windows Servers 2008R-2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Windows OS-XP,Vista,7,8,10, Linux Ubuntu, CentOS7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Software: Active Directory Domain Services, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Apache Open Office, Veritas Operations Manager, Splunk, VM Ware Manager, VMWare Horizon 6 View Administrator, SAN-tricity Storage, Virtual Box VDI Infrastructure, Internet Explorer,Hyper-V, Free-IPA, Linux Virtual Machine Manager, oVirt Open Virtualization Manager, Nagios Log/Event Manager, Trend Micro Deep Security Manager, Remote Desktop Manager
Languages: Dos, Bash, Power Shell
- As a member of the Confidential Systems Administrator Team I work closely with our on-site clients to provide immediate solutions to application, network and data issues that impact the secure network.
- I configure Linux and Windows servers, manage Windows Active Directory, VMware Horizon View Administrator’s virtual desktop environment and SAN storage in a multi-environment system. Install, configure and troubleshoot physical workstations, thick and thin client systems.
- I handle system reboots, repair delta failures and run point for solving client challenges.
- I am responsible for patching servers and workstations while observing administrative security best practices in a Confidential secure environment.
- As a Systems Administrator, I created and configured both physical and virtual Windows and Linux servers.
- I developed and managed virtual infrastructure utilizing Hyper-V and Linux oVirt.
- I installed and developed roles and services including Domain Controllers, Windows Deployment Services, Windows Service Update Server, File Server.
- I configured Active Directory and Group Policy to support the multiple domains being deployed.
- As a member of a Systems Administrator team I worked with the Data Center Manager to develop, configure and manage the Automated Biometrics System (AABIS/IABIS) for the Afghan and Iraqi governments.
- During the pre-deployment phase our team supported development of the (AABIS/IABIS) systems by creating bare metal physical and virtual infrastructure.
- We installed, configured and evaluated numerous utilities including Trend Micro, Ansible, Griaule. Worked cross-system with Windows Server 2019, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, CentOS7, Windows 10 and RHEL 7 workstations. In addition I assisted in created and editing of both system configuration and training documentation for the domains.
- My position ended due to development phase down scheduling in the contract.
- As the lead technician for configuring, preparing and installing Windows-10 physical workstations to replace the virtual desktop environment in Confidential 1.3 As a member of a Systems Administrator team, I worked closely with our on-site clients to provide immediate solutions to application, network and data issues that impact the secure Confidential network. I manage Windows Active Directory, VMware Horizon View Administrator’s virtual desktop environment and SAN storage in a multi-environment system.
- Performed nstallation, configuration and troubleshooting on thick, thin and physical client systems.
- Worked patching servers and workstations. Worked closely with other team members to encourage and maintain positive and productive relationships with our clients.
- The Confidential Automated Biometrics System is an isolated, secure biometric fusion network serving over thirty-two countries and seventy-plus military, special operations and law enforcement agencies world-wide on a twenty-four-seven basis and requiring ninety percentage of up-time for our clients.
IT Support Technician - Business Owner & Entrepreneur
- I managed my own business serving individuals and small business owners.
- I installed and configured personal and office systems for small business and private owners. Set up basic LAN networking, router configuration, peripherals with networking and security.
- Performed component PC repair and troubleshooting, virus removal and data recovery.
- Performed troubleshooting on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and Linux systems.
- Responding with timely resolutions for remote customers while ensuring continuity of business.
- I served as the In-Country Project Manager for Afghanistan operations.
- Managed the H.E.A.D.S. program teams and supervised the company personnel throughout Afghanistan.
- I was personally responsible for our teams meeting program mission goals.
- I managed and facilitated personnel accountability, logistics, deployment and maintenance of both ground teams and digital sensor equipment.
- Took the lead on program issues and elements including communications and coordination.
- Promulgated guidance and policy to facilitate program goals and achieve our client’s objectives while maintaining a critical combat-zone safety margin for our personnel.
- Maintained continuous oversight of program-wide quality assurance and revamped the reporting process of senior company briefs to achieve the highest level of quality in reporting.
- Managed theater-wide data collection flow and facilitated complex reports to senior corporate leadership and Confidential oversight components.
Program Team Lead
- I was cited for outstanding performance by the Program Manager and selected for promotion to Assistant Program Director, Afghanistan.
- Trained, lead and managed a technical data collections team for the HEADS Gen II Sensor Data Program.
- Conducted daily management and supervision of personnel issues including data collection/reporting, work schedule, travel, pay, vacation, policy adherence, team and individual training. Responsible for achieving mission goals, accountability, welfare, transport, organization and life-support logistics for team members.
- Partnered with senior military clients to coordinate team activities allowing for client productivity.
- Facilitated program goals and best management practices. Formatted and presented daily and weekly reports for the Deputy Project Manager, Project Manager and Vice President of Operations.
Senior Security Consultant
- Provided comprehensive security services across a broad spectrum including access control, protective surveillance and site security assessments, supporting specialization in Executive Close Personal Protection.
- Conducted operations planning and protective counter-surveillance allowing for executive protection for civilian, political and corporate clients in domestic and foreign environments while promoting business productivity with security.
UAV Sensor Technician/Senior Pilot
- I was selected by the Theater Lead to assist in the extraction of surveillance teams from the Sangin Valley during withdraw operations.
- For that action I was cited by the Project Lead, Department Of Naval Intelligence for outstanding service to the program and Allied Forces.
- During my tenure, I conducted technical surveillance operations within remote regions of Afghanistan supporting ISAF counter-insurgency objectives.
- I performed maintenance and troubleshooting on multiple systems including computers, satellite communications, flight, control, optics, LAN systems, generators, air-conditioners and fiber-optics.
- Assisted with the planning, coordination and execution of counter-insurgency surveillance operations in support of our clients.
- Maintained a 24/7 posture supporting troops in contact with real-time information.
- Worked closely with command, operations and intelligence personnel to achieve mission goals and maintain best-practice in operations. Collated data and produced detailed intelligence reports for allied forces.
- I lead, trained and managed over one hundred force protection officers.
- Personally responsible for insuring external perimeter and internal FOB security.
- As the unit training officer I was responsible for weapons training and certification with both NATO and Soviet Block weaponry.
- I was responsible for shift schedules, inspections, report writing, guard personnel morale, support, discipline, personnel finances and mission accountability.
- During this assignment I improved my capabilities by attaining certifications as the unit training officer, unit fire marshal and was certified as a Scan Technician and Analyst for the RMNIS Mobile Deep Scan Technology enabling me to take charge of, train and supervise main entry gate operations.
- As a team leader of the unit Quick Reaction Force I lead my team and responded to incoming hostile fire supporting the actions of US armed forces.