- 7+ years of experience in designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Infrastructure automation with DevOps, Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management
- Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and acceptance testing
- Understanding of infrastructure automation using Docker, OpenShift and Ansible.
- Experience in Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) and its features (AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, APIs, Route 53, snapshots, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, RDS, ELB, EBS, Cloud Watch, S3 etc.) and managing Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Strong experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies with Jenkins.
- Experience working on Azure Fabric, Micro services & Docker Containers in Azure. Ability to create scripts using Azure Power shell during automation and built - in process.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN)
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Python, Bash and XML
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest
- Analytical, innovative, and solutions-oriented professional with IT expertise in designing highly available, cost-efficient and fault-tolerant solutions.
- Automated infrastructure and application provisioning using Configuration management tools like Chef and Ansible.
- Expert at monitoring and troubleshooting IT infrastructures to drive continuous program development.
- Expert at building the code in Maven, controlling the source code using Git, continuously integrating and deploying the code using Jenkins. Experience with Build Management tools like Ant and Maven.
- Highly skilled at improving the overall process and project operations while optimizing efficiency and reducing workload.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat).
- Employed proficiency in handling the software development sprints, test and delivery cycle for the development team.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
- Knowledge and experience with the application and tools (Apache, Urban Code, virtualization, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Use of Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing, and deployments to multiple servers in testing and production environments using Jenkins, Git and Docker.
- Hands on experience in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search, and notification hub. Experience in using Azure service fabric to package, deploy, and manage scalable and reliable microservices and containers.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, Jenkins, WebLogic, Rundeck and deployment automation and Integrated Jenkins, Rundeck and Chef. In-depth knowledge of Cloud Computing Strategies Iaas, Paas and Saas.
- Experience in creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation processes using puppet.
- Hands on experience in Pivotal cloud foundry (PCF) Architecture (Diego Architecture), PCF components and their functionalities.
- Diverse experience utilizing tools in N-tier and Micro-Services architecture applications using Spring Boot, Restful Web Services.
- Hands on experience in writing Python, Ruby, YAML, JSON, Perl, Shell Scripting, Bash, PowerShell Scripting to automate the deployments.
Programming: C | Python | Perl | Bash | | SQL | Java
AWS: IAM | EC2 | Cloud Front | ELB | Route 53 | VPC | S3 | EBS | Cloud Formation | AWS Storage Gateway | Amazon Kinesis | Autoscaling | AWS Direct Connect | Redshift | SQS | SNS | ALB
Build Tool: Maven
Source Control Tool: SVN | Mercury | ClearCase | Git
CI/CD tool: Jenkins
Configuration Management Tool: Chef | Ansible
Virtualization: VMware | Xen hypervisor in AWS | Docker
Load Balancer: Application Load Balancer | Classic Load Balancer | F5 Load Balancer (LTM) | Nginx
Networking: Switches | Routers | Hubs | LAN | WAN | TCP | IP | DNS | UDP | ARP | QOS | EIGRP | BGP | OSPF | NHRP | PPP | MPLS | RIP | SIP | H.323 | DHCP | VLAN | ACL
Applications: GNS3 | Microsoft Office Suite | Wireshark | OPNET Modeler | CISCO Packet Tracer | JIRA | SVN | ClearCase | RFW (Robot Framework) | |AEM | MobaXterm | Microsoft Visual Code
Database: Oracle | MYSQL | Postgres
Server: LAMP | SQL Server | Apache
Operating Systems: Windows | Cisco | iOS | Linux (RHEL, UBUNTU, Centos)
Confidential, Sparta, NJ
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases
- Build and Deployed Applications in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Implemented Automated Application Deployment to Infrastructure using Python (OOP) and Perl (OOP) for Network Function Virtualization products releases and regression tests.
- Infrastructure as code- Implemented and leveraged Infrastructure configuration automation using Puppet, Ansible tools
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Provisioned, operated, and maintained servers running on AWS using Configuration Management tools like Ansible.
- Strong in building using make and Scons for Embedded C++ applications, writing Shell Scripts on UNIX.
- Configured deployment for the Application Database MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Developed Python scripts for automation of the configuring Linux servers and run data path tests.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects using Docker, OpenShift, Jenkins, VMWare, RHEL, Open stack, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Ansible & GitLab
- Building and shipping Docker images to support Development and Testing environments and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter, and ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK & EFK).
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on GKE utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build, test and deploy.
- Building distributed monitoring Python scripts for CheckMK Monitoring tools
- Hands on experience for Application High availability setup and integrated GIT with Jenkins using the GitLab plugin to automate the process of source code check-out by providing the URL and credentials of the GIT repository.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT SCM during the day and periodically scheduled builds overnight to support development.
- Configured and maintained Linux virtualization in test and prod environment using VMware, vSphere, Client and HPSA for Red Hat Linux OS installation.
- Ran automation of AZURE Infrastructure using Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins and configured via Ansible Playbooks.
- Implemented and responsible to be primary SME on Azure services including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS while contributing architecture decisions and tasks for ongoing migration efforts.
- Involved in managing Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations and practices in Windows Azure, SQL Azure, Azure Web and Database deployments.
- Server administration including configuring IIS and security access privileges.
- Working closely with Architecture, Development, Test, Security and IT Services teams.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Continuous Integration, Automation and Configuration Management tools
- Understanding customer requirements and integrating plugins with build service infrastructure.
- Design, develop and modules evaluating with application architecture.
- Responsible for delivering module independently.
Environment: Docker, OpenShift, Jenkins, VMWare, AZURE, Kubernetes,Terraform, RHEL, OpenStack, Artifactory, Ansible & GitLab.
Confidential, Concord, CA
Cloud & DevOps Engineer
- Worked with Development teams to adopt more ownership of systems and troubleshooting issues
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- AWS IAM to securely control users' access to AWS services and resources by enforcing granular permissions, controlling share access to AWS accounts, applying multi-factor authentication, and enabling identity federation.
- Responsible for Planning of the Roll-Out Process and Order of Sequence Involved for Day to Day DSL Software Packages for Development, Testing, and System Integration Testing, and Ultimately Production Environments.
- Worked as developer on adding Re-Transmission feature for VDSL2 CPE.
- Reproduce and fix customer reported bugs in VDSL2 firmware level in CPE.
- Adding new APIs for DSL API (which configures CPE modem from Linux OS)
- Enabled better quality control of C/C++ source code by implementing Sonar to report code quality and test coverage.
- Automate deployments tasks through use of Linux scripting.
- Responsible for administering large, multi-site Linux server environments and operating systems, software package installation, upgrades, system integrity, security.
- Executed SQL queries related to Application changes on QA and Prod databases.
- Recommended build management, defect management development process flow. Administrator of SVN.
- Responsible for Automating Java Builds with Maven. Implemented multiple plugins for Code analysis, Junit, Code coverage, SonarQube etc.
- Implemented the Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using DockerHub, DockerSwarm and Docker Container Network.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Track all the CRs and worked with Dev on closure of the CRs.
- Responsible for Release notes with all the bugs fixed and new features.
- Created and designed the Nolio PT application using the existing components & built in action & created the workflows.
- Implemented SonarQube to measure code coverage, code standard compliance, code duplication, & unit test results.
- Worked with DB Admin and Linux Admins for major releases.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration pipeline through automation with Enterprise Git, Jenkins.
Environment: AWS, IAM, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Agile, Apache, Tomcat, JSON, Bash, Shell, YAML, JIRA, ANT, Maven, Linux, Windows, Cloud deployments, CI/CD
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
- Installation and configuration Infrastructure Automation Tool Puppet. Created and updated Puppet manifests, modules, files, and packages.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet and Urban code deploy tool for application delivery automation and written scripts in Ruby to manage deployment automation.
- Developed Puppet module for automation using a combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, GIT Enterprise, Vagrant & Jenkins.
- Used SonarQube for continuous inspection of code quality and to perform automatic reviews of code to detect bugs.
- Used Docker containers for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Implemented Docker-Maven plugin and Maven POM to build Docker Images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker Images from the java jar files.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and for branching purpose.
- Creating Cloud formation scripts for hosting software on AWS Cloud. Automating the installation of Software through PowerShell scripts.
- Performed Vault operations on AWS using Glacier.
- Set up AWS Security Groups which behave as Virtual firewalls controlling the traffic by allowing it to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Maintained and developed infrastructure using Puppet, Jenkins, and multiple AWS SQS tools.
- Involved in Splunk search construction with the ability to create well-structured search queries that minimize performance impact.
- Worked on ELK Stack, Elastisearch for deep search and data analytics, Logstash for centralized logging, log enrichment and parsing and Kibana for powerful and beautiful data visualizations.
- Implemented Jenkins Master/Slave concept in Jenkins dashboard.
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline.
- Troubleshooted Splunk feed issues and data ingestion for remote locations.
- Integrated Bitbucket with JIRA for transition JIRA issues from within Bitbucket Server and monitored the JIRA issues in Bitbucket Server.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Involved in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat and NGINX.
- Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
Environment: Linux, Puppet, Splunk, Shell scripts, GIT, Maven/ANT, Nexus, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Docker, JIRA, Jenkins.
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile process.
- Planned and performed the upgrades on Linux and AIX operating systems and hardware maintenance on HP and POWER servers like increasing memory, disk, replacing failed hardware.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Automated releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging & Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Deployed & troubleshooting of various Jenkins issues. Installed, upgraded & downgraded various plugins in Jenkins.
- Experience in Jenkins/Maven package building and have hands on experience in development using Shell and Python scripting to automate processes.
- Experience in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Performed migration of the source code from Apache Subversion (SVN) to GIT HUB.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Utilized Configuration Management tool like Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Manage the configurations of all the servers using Chef configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery.
- Deployed a LAMP server from the command line and migrated the MySQL database and PHP code from Windows Server 2008 to CentOS (Red Hat).
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Python, Nagios, Shell scripts, SVN, GIT, Maven/ANT, Nexus, Artifactory, LAMP, JIRA, Chef, Jenkins.
- As a System Administrator I am responsible for virtualization, using VMware ESX server 3.5, 4.0 VMware workstation virtualization suite.
- Involved in complete Administration tasks on Red Hat Linux and documentation for the projects executed.
- Responsible for managing more than 600 Linux servers through virtualization.
- Developed bash shell scripts to automate routine activities.
- Performed volume management using LVM and the creation ext3 file systems. Created and Cloned Linux Virtual Machines.
- Involved with Kernel tuning, writing Shell scripts for system maintenance & file management.
- Developed Python scripts for automation of the configuring Linux servers and run data path tests.
- Collaborate on monitoring and troubleshooting Servers using various third-party tools like Nagios.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), UNIX, Python, Nagios, Shell scripts, VMware, DNS.