- Resourceful System Administrator able to respond to a wide range of challenges with a focused and creative approach. Highly effective at problem solving and decision making. 6 years of progressive IT experience, including 2 years of System Administration.
- IT security best practices
- Military leadership skills
- Large computer networks
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Critical thinking
- Active Directory
Computer Systems Administrator
Confidential - Alexandria, MD
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, system software, application software, and configurations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems.
- Configure and monitor enterprise applications.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement computer security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
Systems Administrator (Traditional Guardsman)
Confidential - Bangor, ME
- Upgraded and expanded network systems and their components.
- Provided base level IT support to non-technical personnel within the business.
- Installed software, modified and repaired hardware and resolved technical issues.
- Resolved issues and escalated problems with knowledgeable support and quality service.
- Standardized job tasks and trained junior team members on best practices and standards.
- Ensured network, system and data availability and integrity through preventative maintenance and upgrades.
- Managed and administered all aspects of user account management such as password, group, and privilege management for user access across entire domain.
- Experienced with OS deployment tools.
- Used PowerShell scripting to help automate administrative tasks to improve overall team efficiency.