- Linux System Administrator with 4 years of experience. Current Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA). Hands - on experience in building servers on Vmware environment and managing servers(RHEL 6 /7, Centos 6/7,Solaris 10, Windows servers (2008,2012,2016)), promoting a standard Windows server to a Domain Controller, setup Active Directory, configured and join windows NOS systems to a domain controller.
- Experience designing, configuring and administering Redhat Identity Manager (IDM).
- Experience in integrating Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) with Redhat IDM, configuring sudo, Selinux, and Kerberos for use in IDM.
- Configure and establish a Trust between IDM infrastructure and Active Directory Domain Services to manage Group Policy, Sudo rules and Access Control.
- Experience in Servers’ hardening, systems patching, configured systems to join a network, troubleshoot and fixed connectivity issues, users management, configured password policy, configured role base access control (Sudo in Linux and RBAC in Solaris), backups, configured LVM in Linux and SVM in Solaris, Swap management.
- Configured LDAP, Samba, LAMP server.
- Scheduled tasks including backups, patching systems, application deployment.
- Installed and configured tools such as NagiosXi for systems monitoring, Ansible for configuration management.
- Install and configure Apache Tomcat for web-based applications, and troubleshoot Apache Tomcat error codes.
- Team player, ability to research and learn new technologies useful for IT environment, innovate and bring knowledge to the team.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Retrieved, troubleshoot and fixed high priority tickets to keep systems up and running and minimize downtime.
- Built Servers, (RHEL 6/7, Centos 6/7, Solaris 10/11, Windows servers (2008, 2012, 2016). Used interactive method as well as advance method such as Kickstart in Linux and Jumpstart in Solaris to automate the installation procedure.
- System Hardening: hardened systems to prevent unauthorized access. Encrypt the Grub so that any intruder with physical access to the Server console will not be able to edit the Kernel parameters or access the system in Single User mode. Disable Terminal root access in Linux servers; setup SElinux to enforcing mode, configured solid password policy, password complexity and aging rules.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Networking services including DNS, DHCP, Samba, NFS
- Troubleshoot and fixed network connectivity issues using Linux inbuilt tools
- Configured DNS (Domain Name System) in windows and Linux/Unix systems. Ensure proper configuration so DNS can resolve hostnames to IP Addresses
- Experience monitoring system resources and users access to the network.
- Patch systems to increase OS performance and fix security vulnerabilities. Patch Linux systems using the yum tool.
- Promoted a standard windows server 2012 & 2016 to a Domain Controller, setup Active Directory, DNS services, create User accounts, create groups, setup group policy, create resources and regulate access to resources.
- Hands-on Linux command Line experience on RHEL 6/7 and Centos 6/7, performing tasks including process management, and users management
Linux Systems Administrator
- Installed and Configured LDAP for identity management, LAMP Server for web development.
- Users Management in Linux/Unix: Created and managed User accounts in Linux, created groups and added users to groups, configured password policy, password complexity and aging rules.
- Configured files ACL (Access Control List): Regulated access to system resources by configuring ACL permissions in Linux/Unix, give and restrict users’ access to resources.
- Backup experience: Performed full backup and incremental backups using tools such as Tar or CPIO.
- Volume Management: configured Logical volume manager (LVM) in Linux and SVM volume manager in Solaris to optimize file system.
- Automation experience: scheduled tasks using the Crontab tool to run bash shell scripts for patching systems, application deployment, use Ansible to automate tasks. In windows, mapping Network drives using the netuse command to automatically map users to drives at login.
IT Support Specialist
- Troubleshoot and fix problems associated with software and hardware, operating system recovery, fixed OS blue screen of death in windows 10.
- Hardening systems, remove malware, download and install patches, install Malware byte security, increase the performance of systems by uninstalling junk files.
- Installing and configuring application such as Microsoft Office 365.
- Provide support to customers as needed, setup computers workstation.
- Follow maintenance protocols to ensure systems are secure and ready for users.
- Self-starter, dedicated to learn new skills and advance my career as an IT professional.