- IT Professional over 6 years of involvement with a solid execution foundation in wide variety of professional system support and solution - based IT services for Linux Systems including monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of operating systems
- Expertise in installation/Configuration/Administration of VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated the existing servers into the VMware Infrastructure
- Experience in installing and administering the various virtualization components like VCenter, VSphere
- Experience in installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora using Kickstart Servers.
- Expertise in Cloud Infrastructure Automation which includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Openshift, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, GitHub, WebLogic, Tomcat and LINUX etc.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SES, VPC, and ELB Route 53 etc.), Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console, CLI using CloudFormation templates.
- Worked on AWS- EC2, S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway, Elastic Load Balancing, VPC, IAM, RDS, CloudFront(CDN), CloudWatch and Auto Scaling Services.
- Experience working on PaaS (Platform as a Service) environment which allows developers to quickly develop, host and scale applications in a self-manage cloud environment.
- Worked on the Deployment, Configuration, Monitoring and Maintenance of OpenShift Enterprise Administration and worked with the management of OpenShift Enterprise resources.
- Experience working on Docker and Kubernetes for maintaining and administration of the openshift enterprise V3.
- Experience in Deploy Openstack environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Has experience in various configuration and automation management tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Maintained and managed Ansible playbooks responsible for deploying Framework and other cloud tools.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management & Applications and managed Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Responsible for creating puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation processes using puppet.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using Software Configuration Management ( SCM ) tools like Subversion ( SVN ), GIT ( GitHub , GitLab).
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs, SonarQube , Nexus, Confluence, Junit, Nunit part of pipelines.
- Knowledge in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Worked with different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBMClear quest.
- Used Service N ow to track the Change requests and Release requests for all the approvals and signoffs.
- Installed, Configured and managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk , EFK ( Elasticsearch Fluentd Kibana ), Zabbix , Nagios , iCinga for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience working with ORACLE databases (SQL/PLSQL).
- In-depth knowledge in Shell scripting and exposure to Ruby, Python and JSON scripting.
- Experienced in administration and deployment of applications on Apache Tomcat Webserver and Application Servers such as Web Sphere , Web Logic , JBoss , IIS , etc.
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet), NFS, DHCP, SMTP and RAID. Performed troubleshooting NFS, NIS, Samba, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, MySQL and network problems.
- Good understanding over Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and agile development methodology
- Providing support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008
Build/Automation Tool: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Languages: Power Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting
Database: MySQL, MongoDB
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally
Ticketing tools: ServiceNow
Version Control Tools: GIT, Subversion
WebTechnologies/Programing languages: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Perl scripting, Python, Shell scripting, Ruby, YAML
Container Technologies: Docker,ECS,Kubernates,Openshift
Confidential, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
DevOps Engineer / System Engineer / Openshift engineer
- Experience on working with AWS services like, AWS EC2 Reserved Instances and On-Demand Instances, AWS VPC, AWS IAM, AWS S3 (Life Cycle and Versioning), AWS Cloud Formation, AWS Auto Scaling, AWS EIP and Elastic Load Balancing.
- Launched Different EC2 Virtual Servers in public cloud using AWS Auto-scaling and prebaked Amazon Machine Images (AMI) through Ansible Playbooks and Roles to maintain the production environment all times highly available.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Implementing and setting up Route 53 for AWS Web Instances & ELB & CloudFront on AWS Environment.
- Experience on successfully deploying Siebel applications on AWS EC2 Reserved Instances
- Experience in administering and monitoring of AWS Identity and Access Management Service for access control
- Worked as an Openshift SMEs for migration of various applications from OpenShift 2.x to the newer 3.x platform for some major applications already existing in the V2 environment.
- Setup NFS servers as openshift storage backend and configured various storage claims for developers.
- Deploy Openshift Enterprise v3.x on RedHat 7.x environment and integration with private Docker Registry.
- Developed and automated repeatable tasks using the Ansible playbooks and also worked with Redhat support team for assistance.
- Experience in installing and configuration of Ansible tower to run the ansible playbooks remotely.
- Experience in setting up the various in house monitoring scripts using Zabbix to monitor the openshift cluster. Also worked on setting up EFK (Elasticsearch Fluentd Kibana) stack for log collection across the cluster.
- Good knowledge on Docker and Kubernetes. Created a docker-registry and router pods in the openshift environment to serve user requests.
- Worked on Docker and created virtual instances with Docker.
- Managed both enterprise as well as on prem chef server and installed chef client using bootstrap script and created run list using terraform module for chef provisioner.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks, Recipes utilizing attributes templates and Ohai.
- Experience working with Chef data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef. And created cron jobs for chef client to interact with the chef server on time period basis.
- Designed Rapid deployment method using Chef and Ansible to auto deploy servers as needed. Experienced on ansible server build from scratch and writing ansible playbooks to make configuration changes.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins.
- Integrated Jenkins with repositories like GitHub to build Automation tool (Maven), and Artifact repository for pushing successful build code.
- Created and maintained Jenkins jobs that execute Shell scripts for automation.
- Worked on version control tools stash (bitbucket), and GIT for cloning, mirroring and pushing the changes. Created web-hook in bitbucket for Jenkins.
- Experience in tools like JIRA, Agile/Scrum methodology, to release product.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Experience in using ServiceNow as a ticketing tool and also for tracking the changes and problems by assigning tasks in it.
- Involved in performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and capacity planning of WebSphere Application server, Redhat JBoss EAP 6.x/5.x and Apache tomcat 8.x/7.x/6.x.
- Expertise in deploying Enterprise Java Beans and J2EE Applications (WAR, JAR and EAR) on BEA WebLogic and Tomcat application servers.
- Worked on monitoring tools like logical monitoring using collectors and nagios.
- Worked on installing, managing the monitoring tool like Nagios and Splunk.
- Installed, deployed and managed Linux RedHat Enterprise 7.x, CentOS, Ubuntu, and installedpatches, packages for Red Hat Linux Servers
- Removed, Installed, Upgraded, and queried software packages using RPM and YUM
- Installation, Configuration ang Management of NFS, HTTP, FTP, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS Servers
- Installing RedHat Linux 7.x using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies
- Performed Root password recovery in the Linux servers
- Scanning newly assigned LUNs to servers and assigning them to the volume group and increasing file system using the Red Hat volume manager.
Confidential, KANSAS CITY, KS
Linux Admin/ Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR's, VCP, NAT) and deployment and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's. Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios and Splunk.
- Integrating Jenkins with VMware, Openstack and chef.
- Experience in administering and automation using Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Saltstack.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Developed ChefRecipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Implemented Chef Server and components installations, including cert imports, increase chef license, creating admins and users.
- Written chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Configured Docker Engine with Docker Specific Commands, Created Custom Docker Images, and Deployed Docker Containers on AWS as Part of Cloud Formation Template.
- Utilized continuous integration and automated deployments with Jenkins, Ansible and Docker.
- Deployment automation and Job Orchestration tooling through Python, Ansible.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Automating configuration management using SaltStack.
- Used the Saltstack for the continuous code deployment, Real-time automation.
- Used for faster server provisioning and configuration though Saltstack configuration management tool.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining LAMP stack on production and staging servers.
- Upgraded Drupal6 to 7 and Updated Drupal core, modules and themes to the latest releases for existing Drupal version.
- Used Composer, Git, Drush and Configuration Management to Push Changes from Development to Production.
- Analyse and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Automated the build and deployment of middleware applications using uDeploy.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins and Bamboo by creating Python and Perl scripts.
- Experienced in writing Maven and ANT scripts to perform continuous build and integration of Java applications using Jenkins and deploy using uDeploy.
- Installed VMware, VSphere 5 and created virtual machines on ESX 5.0 Servers using Dell PowerEdge R410.
- Worked on maintenance of ESX host clusters and security.
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL.
- Monitoring and Tuning the CPU, memory usage, I/O contention, paging, network statistics on UNIX servers using TOP, IOSTAT, NETSTAT, VMSTAT, TOPAS.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, FTP, TCP/IP and Samba on Red Hat Linux.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Performed Web Logic server administration tasks like configuring Managed servers and setup cluster environment.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, WebSphere Application Server and Samba Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Established solid working relationships with Service-Now vendor to customize COTS solution to meet business objectives related to ITIL oriented processes
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM & YUM.
Confidential, BELLEVUE, WA
Linux Admin / Cloud Admin / DevOps Engineer
- Assisted in migration of exiting datacentre into the AWS using Native VMDK Import Wizard Tools & SnowBall.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI, Red hat, Ubuntu Instances and Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Configured the storage on S3 Buckets for Hourly Backups of EC2 Instances and Scripts to delete Objects older than 7 days.
- Experience working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles, groups, policies.
- Deployed Puppet Open Source with Apache and Phusion Passenger / Puppet Enterprise with Additional tools such as MCollective/ Facter/ Hiera / R10k with GIT for Manifest and Module Versioning, Puppet Dashboard, Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Wrote Custom Modules and Manifests to provision VM instances from VMWARE Templates and Patching of all Environment Specific OS Instances.
- Assisted in administering VMware SRM to accommodate virtual machine replication
- Assisted with planning design and testing of all VMDK data and virtual VMF file replication and migration strategies for Wintel virtual servers.
- Implemented migration from VMWARE to AWS using VMDK Import tools. Performed Vmotion and Storage Vmotion of VMDK and VMF files to target landing zones.
- Automating Deployment of Servers on ESXI and Cloud. Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using chef configuration management.
- Hands on experience on JIRA for creating bug tickets, workflows, pulling reports from dashboard, creating and planning sprints.
- Reduced build + deployment times by designing and implementing Docker workflow.
- Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker, Nginx.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, JBoss.
- Nginx Webserver allows the creating of Virtual Hosts to forward requests to many App Servers, It allows URL Rewriting / Proxying, HTTP Load Balancing.
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL, Ubuntu and Linux servers.
- Installation of Linux Distors Using KICKSTART / PXE Boot to Provision REDHAT / Centos Images with preconfigured properties in kickstart.conf.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Implemented RAID, Preparing partition on the new disk, implementing Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and NIC Bonding for RHEL 4.x and 5.x.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, on Red Hat Linux.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, and POP3), FTP, TCP/IP and file servers on Linux servers.
- Efficiently implemented network file sharing and resources across the network by configuring NFS to share files.
- Connecting Linux to Authenticate using Windows Active Directory (LDAP) via Winbind / PAM & Samba Services.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Installed Linux OS, and configured required network on the virtual machine.
- Strong skills in managing RedHat Linux servers, SAN storage. Virtualization,(VMware, RedHat enterprise virtualization preferred), and system security.
- Installed and configured of SAMBA, squid, FTP Server, SMTP Server, RAID and LVM on RHEL.
- Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes and disk mirroring in HP-UX, AIX and Linux.
- Expertise in file System concepts like LVM, SVM, Creating new file Systems, increasing and decreasing file systems, mounting file systems, un mounting file systems and troubleshooting Disk space issues
- Configure and maintain FTP, DNS, NFS and DHCP servers.
- Experience working in VMware ESX (VSphere) 4.x hypervisor for virtualization and installed different OS such as Solaris, Linux (RHEL), Windows.
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of local development servers Software Implementations.
- Configuring User Authentication Stores and Policy Authorization Stores on LDAP
- Windows NT/2000 Active Directory administration- User management, import/export of active directory. Adding new users, new branches, data, etc.
- Worked on virtual and physical Linux host for decommissioning.
- Implemented and enhanced existing scripts developed in Shell and Ruby Managed server on VMware vSphere center.
- Used various networking tools such as SSH, telnet, rlogin, FTP, SFTP and ping to troubleshoot daily networking issues.
- Linux Kernel Security, regular maintenance, compiles and OS reinstalls.
- Working with Apache Web servers and managing JBOSS, Apache Tomcat and Web Sphere Application servers
- Involved in configuration and support of a production environment hosted in a 24x7 setup.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Experienced in install Operating System and configure kernel parameters for Linux/Unix servers.
- Installing Red Hat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Installing, configuring and maintained Ubuntu, RedHat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, CentOs.
- Experienced in patching and upgrading OS levels for Linux/Unix servers.
- Worked with Red Hat Package Manager RPM and YUM.
- Experience in creation of environments on virtual machines to be handed over to development and QA teams.
- Implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP. Involved in Installing and configuring of NFS.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Redhat Linux Kickstart Installation. Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Performed day to day operations in LDAP such as add, delete, modify, and search.
- Installation and configuration of Software load balancer (NGINIX).
- Managing the permissions & moving files with SCP, FTP.
- Responsible for Creating, changing, and removal of user accounts.
- Performed User administration tasks, Permission issues and solved them.
- Rebooting the Linux Boxes after patching.
- Monitoring the logs for Issues.
- Monitoring Disk, CPU and Memory & Performance of servers.
- Performing system monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of the hardware, operating systems and key processes.
- Identifying and analyzing security vulnerabilities that may exist on the system and applications.