- Strategic and solution - oriented IT professional with more than 15 years of experience uniting teams and configuring / administering technical environments.
- Demonstrated excellence isolating recurrent issues and developing proactive, strategic technical solutions addressing root problem cause.
- Adept ability to collaborate amongst teams of all skills and management levels; penchant for cross-collaboration in support of ongoing business demands.
- Comprehensive understanding of project management best practice standards; adept ability to craft and maintain documentation as necessary.
- Proven history of success implementing system backup procedures and disaster recovery processes in support of ongoing business continuity plans.
- Strategized and implemented an automated and scalable cloud desktop solution; prepared for projected business growth of 90%.
- Uncovered more than $10K in savings through lowered use of system resources throughout project deployment.
- Implemented a hybrid cloud backup solution and launched off-site data archiving system for availability and cost savings.
- Generated annual IT budget figures in partnership with executive leadership and reduced capital / operating expenditures by an estimated 25%.
- Harnessed VMware vSphere, SAN and iSCSI technology to establish a highly available virtual environment; implemented failover protection for critical applications and services.
- Completed Active Directory domain and email migrations as part of a successful business acquisition plan.
- Team Leadership - IT Operations
- Technical Problem-Solving
- Project Management
- Security and Stability
- Clear Communication
- Cloud Computing
- Multi-Site Synchronization
- Disaster Recovery Plans
- System Administration
- Server Virtualization
- Cross-Team Collaboration
Protocols / Services: ISO/OSI layers, Ethernet, IPSEC, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, SSL, Telnet, SCP, LDAP, SMB, NFS, iSCSI, DNS, DHCP, DFS, WDS, WSUS, SAN, NAS, VPN, VLAN.
Operating Systems / Software: Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 , Centos, VMWare vSphere (ESXi, vCenter, VUM), AWS (IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, ELB, ASG, EFS, S3, Storage Gateway, Route 53, CloudFront, WorkSpaces, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail), Veritas Backup Exec, Veeam Backup and Replication, Trend Micro OfficeScan, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, MS Visio, Microsoft Office, Office 365, Icinga, Postfix.
Confidential, Sellersburg, IN
Senior IT Operations Administrator
- Superintended Active Directory domain migration and network resource separation project within Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure; enabled physical company separation amongst parent company and subsidiary.
- Maintained Microsoft cloud applications and services; optimized email message processing, compliance, and security across an Office 365 administration environment.
- Designed and implemented base infrastructure and drove transition from session-based VDI to AWS WorkSpaces desktop service; augmented security of business intellectual property and generated an automated / scalable solution targeting 90% business development and employee growth in the following 1-2 years.
- Crafted remote VDI host solution and minimized overall latency for international developers by an average of 40%; addressed and mitigated ongoing performance issues.
- Finalized internal Zimbra open source mail collaboration server and increased efficiency and security of communication between software development verticals within VDI environment.
- Crafted a hybrid cloud backup solution for critical data and established off-site data archiving system; harnessed AWS Storage Gateway services and Veeam Backup & Replication to uncover increased archive data availability and cost savings.
- Introduced environment integration for Windows and Linux authentication and resource access; established secure centralized network account management and reduced user account administration.
- Targeted improved overall operational efficiency and decreased time to resolve issues; implemented network availability and performance monitoring services.
Confidential, Shelbyville, KY
Information Technology Lead
- Oversaw performance and direction of department technicians; delegated daily tasks and drove achievement of corporate and local project milestones.
- Actualized general computer control procedures for Bill 198 (CSOX) documentation and compliance.
- Directed corporate project targeting network monitoring throughout all regional US sites and centralized management for IT personnel.
- Established access control and security of company network resources for more than 300 users in a Windows AD domain environment.
- Coordinated team through production line efficiency project; harnessed Raspberry Pi devices, SCADA data and PLC network; delivered real-time line display data for plant supervisors and managers; increased daily plant floor efficiency.
- Significantly lessened backup window for critical servers and generated improved recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO) metrics in agreement with business continuity plan (BPC) through optimized backup strategy.
- Generated and executed hardware / software image solution and standardized critical production line operation equipment; intensified production efficiency and lessened line changeover time.
- Coordinated and monitored corporate system security software for more than 250 desktops and servers; utilized Windows Group Policy and scripting throughout process automation.
- Proposed system proof-of-concept targeting minimized implementation of IT system resources per installation across production line cells; projected over $10K in savings throughout initial rollout.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
IT Systems Administrator
- Conducted enterprise domain and email server migrations throughout successful business acquisition.
- Crafted and implemented new disaster recovery and business continuity strategy; enabled efficient recovery from disruptive events to system operations.
- Regulated Windows Active Directory domain infrastructure; united DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, and File / Print services across several business unit sites throughout the US.
- Uncovered increased productivity and security for remote staff through implementation of LAN / WAN infrastructure; applied site-to-site VPN and IPSEC technology and securely tethered remote satellite offices to main corporate headquarters.
- Created and implemented business change and general computer controls, procedures, and documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT compliance and auditing expectations within nine months of company’s public acquisition.
- Utilized VMWare vSphere host clustering, iSCSI technology and shared storage distributed within a storage area network (SAN); generated high server and application availability and increased server infrastructure administration efficiency.
- Generated and updated network security and email filtering practices at corporate and remote sites; applied firewall and IDS / IPS technologies.
- Introduced annual IT budget in conjunction with executive management team; uncovered department capital and operating expenditure savings of an estimated 25%.