- I am a resultdriven, solution oriented, competentand committed systemsadministratorwith over 7years’ experience in Windows, Unix/Linuxand storage administration.
- Skilled in planning, configuring,administering and maintaining of Unixoperating systems with solid understanding and experience of traditional backups andbackup solution (TSM)with personal drive for continuous self - improvement.
- Responsibilities include performing systems installations, configuration, maintenance, systems backup and protection.
- Ability to work with multiple teams to develop practical solutions to resolve technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills across organizational boundaries.
- Strong awareness and ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond positively to changing priorities.
- High personal integrity, and able to relate to and create trust in all.
- Dependable and reliable in supporting and enabling team effort to achieve results.
- System Automation skills like sendmail setup on Unix platforms
- Good knowledge of the components within an IT network, including communications network equipment and ddatacenter management.
- Good knowledge of SAN management using Zoning.
- Implementing SNMP on devices to allow for network management
- Implemented workflow on Solar wind for Server monitoring and reporting
- Working Knowledge of python programming
- Automating day to day process through scripting for alert monitoring
- Worked on CentOS, Redhat Linux, Win 95/98, Win 2000 Prof., Win 2000 Server, Lotus Notes
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-scaling, AMI, IAM and Cloud formation
- Implemented and managed AWS services like such as SNS, SQS, VPC, Elastic IP, Security groups, Route53, NACL
- Involved in managing projects within the AWS Cloud
- Used Remedy as a ticket system for timely and accurate response with clients
- Automated the process of creating infrastructure using AWS Cloudformation call management system and associated software
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for better communication
- Hands-on experience in system design, deployment, administration and support of Unix/Linux servers.
- Provide day-to-day System administration support
- Creation and management of approved, user accounts and groups
- Created and managed documentation on the configuration and support of the Oracle databases
- Manage file systems utilization using script scheduled as cron job
- Planning, installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6 and 7
- Setup git repositories, SSH keys in bitbucket for agile teams, setting up Jenkins, plugins (Maven, SonarQube, slack and Nexus) Jenkin master and adding slaves.
- Building, patching, and maintaining Linux systems in a highly virtualized (VMware) environment.
- Automating infrastructure provisioning on AWS using terraform and Ansible
- Monitor System Performance (Virtual memory, Disk and CPU utilization)
Systems Support (Graduate Assistant)
- Setting up, installation and administering Printers, desktop and Laptop
- Experience working with VMware, Virtual Box and Proxmox.
- Splunk installation and setup on both windows and Linux platform
- RPM and YUM package installation, patching and server management
- Migrated from on premise to the cloud using Amazon services with consideration for security, redundancy and most importantly using cloud formation
- Administering various AWS Services using AWS Console, AWS CLI and using Amazon API
- Installed and configured Redhat, Centos on different platform that contained Lamp stack
- Knowledge and usage of automation tools like Ansible and Jenkins
- Experience implementing Security using NACL, Security groups, Private-subnets.
- Experience working on Migrations from On-premise to AWS Cloud.
- Implementation of various AWS Services including EC2, VPC, IAM, Lambda, S3RDS, DynamoDB, Route53, Cloud watch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS.
Unix, Linuxand Storage Administration
- Worked as AIX Administrator in IT infrastructure environment providing server administration, application administration and automation solutions to support business objectives
- Experience with NIM installation, setting up NIM Configured
- Administration and troubleshooting of HACMP clusters
- Working knowledge of bash scripting and python
- Created standard LPAR, performing DLPAR operations to manage resources between machines
- Implemented Logical Volume Management(LVM) and Disk Management
- Managed cron jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
- System and backup management using mksysb and daily restore and backup operations
- Created soft and hard link on RHEL5&6 and implemented OS security patches
- Log Setup for ArcSight application monitoring.
- Working knowledge of LAMP architecture
Unix and Storage Administrator
- Disk space and File System Management on IBM Servers
- Unix (AIX) System Administration of IBM Servers
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on IBM AIX servers
- Managing HACMP server environment
- Manage and secure servers Linux and Windows including NFS, Apache, FTP & VMware ESXi
- Identifying and resolution of system issues in a timely manner
- Planning and coordinating installation, testing and maintenance of AIX systems
- Analyzing software, hardware components and user operation procedures
- Develop data backups and retrieval techniques in case of failure.
- Periodic tuning and optimization of Unix servers and related components
- Netapp Storage Server Management and IBM Storage Management (NAS & SAN)
- Configuring the AIX operating system environment
- Ensure optimal uptime for IBM P595 Servers,Ubuntu Linux and Red hat servers
- Knowledgeable in Logical volume management and in setting up HTTP, HTTPs, FTP, SFTP
- Provide support to maintain in-house and third party hardware upgrades and patches.
- Initiating periodic backups for EOD, EOM and EOY using EMC Technology
- Tape library management
Unix Administrator and Datacenter Management.
- Installation, upgrade, configuration, fail over/fail back testing for HACMP 5.4
- Installation and maintenance of AIX 5.2, 5.3 and 6.1 on pSeries systems through NIM
- Worked with the Application and Network teams to analyze and solve performance related issues
- Remotely access of the File Systems on the NFS Client through NFS Server
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of NFS (Network File System)
- Improved development and implementation of the procedures by analyzing and execution of the test plans and developing the system documentation
- Manage the TSM Backup solution for effective backup