- Worked as Consultant Architect Video Conferencing and Unified Communications Solutions.
- Worked with established company to implement video conferencing solutions to sales/customers.
- Worked with start up company to provide network solutions to mid size customers.
- Provided Network Design and Implementation to Fortune 500 Companies and Enterprise Customers.
- Worked in Confidential as Support Engineer for UC application in CUCM and Unity teams.
- Master Processional in Project Management (in progress)
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project
Languages: Bilingual in Spanish and English
TECHNOLOGIES (HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE):
UC/Collaboration Applications and End Points: CallManager 3.3,..,4.3, CUCM 5,..8, Unity, Unity Connection, UCCX, Presence CUPS, CME, CUE, VCS(C E), TCS, TMS,CUVC,CTMAN, CTMS, ISDN GW, CTS, MSE800, T3, Codec X0s, CP - 79XY phones, CUPC, MOVi, Jabber.
OS: MS-DOS, Windows 9X,Me, XP, Vista, NT, 200X,Win7. UNIX, IBM AIX 3.0, SUN Solaris, Several Linux flavors (BSD, RedHat, mainly SuSE). Novell Netware 3.1.x. Cisco IOS 12.X
Routers and Switches: Zyxel Prestige 100-IH ISDN Router. Zyxel Prestige 153x Leased Line Router. ADSL CPE (Aztek, Efficient, PTI). Routed (Linux version). Cisco Voice Gateways 29X1, VWIC interfaces, xSCU cards for FrameRelay implementation, QoS. Cicso Switches 3750, ESW-XXPoE, QoS.
Design and diagram drawing tools: Poseidon for UML, Gentleware, experienced in Linux Version, Visio, Rational Rose.
IDEs: Neatbeans, experienced in Linux Version.
Programing languages: BASIC, PASCAL, C, C++ Client/Server Application through TCP/IP networks, Assembler, Scheme, Prolog, CGI (C, and Perl), Java, JDBC, and CORBA (TOMCAT, and JBoss Server), Struts, Linux Shell Scripting.
DBE: Postgresql for Linux
Proxy servers: Squid, SuSE Proxy, Zorp, Windows NT Proxy Server.
Firewalls and Security devices: SuSE Standard Firewall (comes within version 8.0,..,10 ). Broadband Routers' built-in Firewalls D-Link DI-XXX Series including DMZ features. ZyXEL Prestige 153x Leased Line Router built-in firewall. PTI CPE integrated firewall. LIDS (Linux Intrusion Detection System) / LIAS (Linux Intrusion Avoidance System). SuSE Standard Router (comes within version 8.0,..,10 ). Broadband Routers D-Link DI-XXX Series, and Linksys. Including VPN features
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENC E:
Confidential, San José, Costa Rica
Consuling SME and UC/Collaboration Solution Architect
- Providing consulting support to Pre - Sale Engineers and Sales Representative for UC/Collaboration infrastructure matters such as interaction, integration and intended use for/of specific applications/features.
- Validation, and re-calibration of UC/Telepresence infrastructure network designs.
- Cooperation in Customer Interest exploratory conversations with Sales Representatives, Pre-Sales Engineer, and Customer as an specialist in the UC components of the solution, capabilities, capacities and intended use for them and the integration in the solution. Production of content for RFO/RFI based on customer requests.
- Creation of network design diagram (infrastructure, integration, and elevation) for customer custom solutions.
- Reviewing and refining SOW network solutions quoting for UC/Telepresence (hardware and licenses) for specific integrations.
- Designed Network Solutions for Enterprise Customers
- Architected Solutions and Technical Analysis to Sales / Customer
- Designed and executed mitigation plans of UC platforms.
Telepresence Field Engineer
- Providing consulting support to Pre-Sale Engineers and Sales Representative for UC/Collaboration infrastructure matters such as interaction, integration and intended use for/of especific applications/features.
- Validation, re-calibration, and implementation (from racking to configuration and testing) of UC/Telepresence infrastructure network designs.
- Cooperation in customer interest exploratory conversations with Sales Representatives, Pre-Sales Engineer, and customer as an specialist in the UC components of the solution, capabilities, capacities and intended use for them and the integration in the solution. Production of content for RFO/RFI based on customer requests.
- In Situ Analysis, assessment, validation of customer networks.
- Creation of network design diagram (infrastructure, integration, and elevation) for customer custom solutions. Support r eviewing and refining SOW network solutions quoting for UC/Telepresence (hardware and licenses) for specific integrations.
- Conduct Knowledge Transfer with the customer for the implemented solution.
- Be the main responsible to establish communications with Cisco in all technical aspects for all the projects as necessary.
- Implemented Solutions for Enterprise and Federal Customers
- Designed Network Solutions and Implementation for enterprise customers
- Participated in presentations as SME for Architect Solutions and Technical Analysis to Sales / Customer
- Participate in presentations of Architect Solutions and Technical Analysis to Upper Management
- Supported UC Network Solutions and Technical Analysis to Upper Management at Confidential
- Designed and executed mitigation plans of UC platforms.
- Presented new paradigm for CAC and Call Routing configuration general rules, and best practices.
Cisco Support Engineer
- Daily hands on CallManager, and Unity.
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting and fix of VoIP systems outage in tight time frames for a broad variety of customers.
- Ranging in all kinds and sizes of topologies and implementations. Pursuing the customer's satisfaction in terms of solution accuracy and the experience quality during the interaction as a MUST.
- Even though Confidential is established to be a break/fix unit, very frequently the customers call to fix problems directly related to defective designs and misunderstanding what the product/feature intended use is, and therefore, why it does not perform as desired.
- If it is true there is a Business Unit to provide design services, once the case lands in Confidential, it is not unusual to assist or redesign the customer solution.
- Provided support for CUCM in all features
- Provided support for Unity, Unity Connection
- Provided redesign of Call Routing
- Provided redesign of CAC
- Provided redesign of call flow (Unity CallHandlers)
- Got CCVP Certification (current CCNP Voice)
Confidential, Costa Rica
- Determined products/services the company represent, offers and implements.
- Worked with the Sales Representatives supporting the pre-sales process. Provide content based on RFO/RFI form customers.
- Conduct assessment of their needs in terms of business logic, and technology (hardware, and applications) in order to design and implement the most appropiate solution for small to medium financial firms and drugstore chains.
- Provided network design and installation depending on the r outer network connection modality. ISDN, XDSL, Leased Lines, and WiFi.
- Homologation Process of several CPEs models and brands to be accepted by the I.C.E. In the costarrican market. Starbridge (USA), Simmens (Germany), Paradigm Technologies (Taiwan), SOYHER (company’s own brand)
- Tech support of TA in several connection modalities (ISDN, CableModem, Leased Lines, ADSL).
- Designed network solutions for several applications: File Sharing and printing (Window & Linux, hybird solutions too), internet connection (not very common need by that time), branch communication through a bast diversity of connectivity means from leased lines ISDN, xDSL, and Wireless.
- Integrated windows desktops, and LINUX Samba servers.
- Managed a team of 5 engineers. Designed and implemented 80 branches network.
- Assisted and supported the design for networks of more than 100 branches.