Results oriented, IT Network and Project Manager Professional with over 10 years of successful implementation of highly budgeted IT and Networking project experience. I am a self - starter who is competent and confident to drive end-to-end delivery of service on time and within budget. Personality strengths are best demonstrated when creating and design solutions in a time sensitive environment with poise. I am also resourceful and always bring the “can do it” spirit to every challenge presented. Work values are: Integrity, under promise - over deliver, servant leadership, pride in quality of work, and “doing it right the first time.
- Broad range of hands on exposure with Cisco Catalyst series switches (6500, 5000, 4900M, 4500, 3550, 3750, 2900 series) and routers (Sup 32, Sup 720, 25xx, 26xx, 3750, 3850, 7200 VXR, 7600 series.) Worked with the Nexus 5k/7ks, and ASR9ks.
- ASA 55XX-X series firewalls (CX and SF modules), Palo Alto Next Gen Firewalls, Juniper SRX, Sonic Wall.
- Aruba wireless solutions (Controller/AP’s)
- Juniper Netscreen and JunOS (M, T, and J series routers) experience with configuration and maintenance.
- F5 Viprion (vCMP), LTM\GTM various models. BIGIP ver. 9, 10 and 11 exposure (TMSH/TMOS), Riverbed Steelhead, and Netscaler Load balancing appliances.
- Experience troubleshooting DS1/DS3 (OC1/OC3/OC12/OC48) circuits, MetroE, Frame Relay (PVC’s), MPLS, ATM, ISDN, and fractional T1 circuits. Experience in managing DNS Infrastructure
Senior Principal Consultant - Network Engineering
Confidential, Plano, TX
- As a level 3 network engineering consultant on a small team, my duties include providing best practice network solutions to six different health care accounts with particular expertise provided to Network Security and Load Balancing solutions.
- Other duties include: Work with team to perform solution design, solution test, and solution deployment, establish solution design guides, scoping guides, and relevant test plan and design documents, build and implement network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks.
- Generate standard project documentation including detailed test plans, Upgrade and Network Migration activity, Troubleshoot and resolves tier 3 complex network problems.
- Nodes engaged: Palo Alto Firewalls, Juniper R/S, Cisco NX-OS, Solarwind, IPS Sensor Device, Firemon, F5 BigIP Load Balancer, Citrix Netscaler, Check Point Firewall.
Confidential, Frisco, TX
- I worked as a consultant on a small team designing the Large Office system solution that will be marketed towards Tier I and II cable/voice service providers.
- The networking components include Juniper Netscreen SSG 320 firewalls, Cisco 6509’s (native IOS 12.4T), Citrix Netscaler 7000 series load balancers, extensively with F5 LTM 6400s/8900’s and GTM load balancers- versions 9, 10, 11, and 12 (load balance between two data centers in Plano and RTP, NC), Acme Packets Net 4000 SBCs, Foundry switches, Cisco ASA (trial/lab systems), and IBM x series servers running RHEL 5.
- My duties include the design of the network infrastructure, support of the trial/lab systems, network documentation (diagrams, IP allocation, configurations, etc).
- We tested the redundancy and resiliency of the infrastructure, and assistance with test teams, and developers of revised code and its effects on network performance.
- Utilize packet capturing tools, snoop, TCPdump, etc to troubleshoot issues and pinpoint problems.
- As we began trials with potential clients we will work closely with their engineers to integrate the solution into customer environments (VPNs, dedicated circuits (MPLS), FW rulesets, etc).
- Project managed the design and delivery of sequel based performance dashboard designed for the end user Asset Manager.
- Deliverables included all Planning Phase, Execution Phase, and closing Phase.
- This was a unique project to adapt lean six sigma practices and process improvements into a robust software could that integrate to financial service platforms .
- Successfully delivered a “fast track” contractual project, for web-based portal for online real-estate sales platform.
- Was the lead PM that planned, managed, and delivered and coordinated the implementation all four phases of the project before the scheduled time frame.
- Piloted and successfully delivered a web-based agile project on time and within budget.
- Project deployed with zero defects as a result of using RUP, and doing iterative development.
- Served on pilot team to rollout Rally version 1 tool to implement for Agile Lean project methodology.
Network Support Engineer
- Work in depth with F5 Load balancers to design and troubleshoot VIP assignments, configuration of pools, Snat maps, and custom iRules.
- Plan, design, implement and support Riverbed WAN Acceleration and F5 Load Balancing infrastructure.
- Solved complex issues involving a variety of different customer networks consisting of, but not limited to, Cisco routers and switches, Cisco PIX firewalls, extensive exposure to F5 BIGIP Load Balancers (GTM and LTMs), and Netscaler Load Balancers.
- Heavy experience both in design and break/fix of the F5 product line.
- I would receive requirements from the Technical Account Managers and design a solution for our managed service customers.
- Our team designed, implemented, and maintained networks, as well as, facilitate our nightly change window.
- Recreated customer issues in a lab environment and own and trouble tickets to resolution.