- Cisco, Juniper, SonicWALL routers, ASA firewalls, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, F5, Port channels, VLANs, VPNs, VoIP, wireless, Cisco UCM, Solarwinds
- Highly proficient with Windows O/S: Windows 7,10, 2012 server
- Extensive experience Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, SQL Server, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010 Visual Basic.NET, C#, Hyper - V, WSUS
- Proficient with RHEL/Fedora Core/Suse Linux, Samba, Apache, LAMP
- Extensive experience supporting RHEL/Fedora Core Linux installation, administration, and troubleshooting. VMWare 5.0, VSphere, EMC ISM v2
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Environment: Cisco Router/Switch & Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k, 2k. WAN/LAN, VLAN and routing protocols. Palo Alto, Check Point, Cisco Firepower Firewalls, BIG IP F5 Load Balancing, Virtual Port Channels & Catalysts. Cisco VPN and Cisco Prime for wireless. Cisco Telephony CUCM 11, Unity 11.
- Maintain, test, and monitor complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies using established procedures and tools.
- Troubleshoot networks and provide problem resolution.
- Develop and maintain all network systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
- Design, install, and support networking systems and operations.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Analyze system errors or failures and work to resolve issues. Escalate as necessary to maximize system availability.
- Provide technical support and guidance to users.
- Evaluate new network technologies and make recommendations regarding the integration of relevant technologies into the existing network. Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications or equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and enhanced applications.
- Create and maintain network systems documentation.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Senior Network/VoIP Engineer
- Cisco Call Manager and Unity configuration
- Configure Cisco 2911 Routers, 3750 Catalyst switches
- Installing and configuring Cisco 8845 phones
- Installing and configuring Cisco 7925G Wi-Fi phones
- Working with Confidential employees
Senior Network/Systems Administrator
- Responsible for the availability, reliability, performance and maintenance of enterprise network infrastructure.
- Configured Cisco 2911 ISRs for deployment to 36 branches in the US
- Configured Cisco Catalyst PS-S for deployment to Confidential branches in the US
- Shipped ISRs and switches to Confidential branches
- Travelled to Confidential branches and installed and configured routers and switches
- Installed, maintained and configured Cisco ASA5510 firewalls, VPN, bookmarks
- Ensures network security access and protects against unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Troubleshoots network access problems and implements network security policies and procedures.
- Identifies reports and resolves security violations.
- Supports network and security related initiatives as it relates to the enterprise.
- Support enterprise IP Network Infrastructure as designed and implemented.
- Analyzes network-attached systems and applications and recommends/develops security measures.
- Monitors network health, security and performance. Takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Responsible for server platforms, including MS Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012), Linux, & UNIX.
- Manage enterprise storage & virtualization environment; specifically EMC & HP Storage & VMware version 4/5.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Analyzed and evaluated existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
- Wrote and updated software specifications.
- Special projects:
- Windows server 2003 upgrade to 2008 or 2012 as needed on 400 domain controllers
- DHCP server upgrades, Active Directory/DNS server upgrades
- SQL, Oracle maintenance
- RHEL Apache Tomcat administration
- Cisco router/switch and Juniper hardware and IOS upgrades on 250 routers and switches
- Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, Cisco Routers, ASA5505 / Cisco 4700, 5000 Switches - Configuration / Troubleshooting / Support Juniper Routers / Switches Network Protocols - Configuration / Support Cisco CUCM 8.6.2 Unity 8.5 Riverbed Opnet v26.A
Network/Systems Admin & Instructor
- Networking program
- Taught VB.NET, scripting, Windows 2008 Active Directory, Network+, Project Management, HP routers, SQL, DNS, IIS, Cisco routers, VoIP, VMware, Linux servers, CCNA
- System Administrator for 300+ user network at Confidential