- Over 5 years of experience in system administration working on Redhat Linux Enterprise 5, 6 and 7, Solaris Sun Sparc, IBM AIX 7.1 and Windows (2008&2012) Server systems.
- Experience in virtualization of environment with VMware. Installation and configuration ESX hosts, Managing vcenters and datastores. Making new virtual machines, with Linux and Windows, making templates, cloning VMs.
- Strong technical background in Storage, Storage migration, LUN presentation to server, exporting and importing the volume groups, Disk Management.
- Experience in System Administration, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine - tuning Systems.
- Installation and configuration of httpd, udp, ftp servers, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, NIS
- Experience in Deployment and configuration tool Like Kickstart, Puppet and Salt.
- Expert in Monitoring tools such as NagiosXI, Nagios Core, HPOM, HPSM.
- Core responsible for Linux servers for their OS backup using backup recover tape libraries, Netbackup and Veeam.
- Experience in writing Bash shell and perl for process automation of databases, applications, backup and scheduling to reduce both human intervention and man hours.
- Dedicated to excellent customer service. Self-direction, leadership and problem solving skills. Ability to prioritize and work proactively. Strong communication, documentation and teamwork skills.
- Expert in Linux Red hat (5, 6, and 7).
- Expert in VMWARE ESX 5.5 and 6.0/6.7
- Expert in SAN Storages like Dell Compellent SC4020, EMC VMX and VMAX, Netapp. Hitachi Hus VM
- Intermediate Skills in IBM AIX 6.0/7.x and Solaris.
- Dell Power Edge series servers R710, 610 and R410
- HP Blade G7, G8, G9, ProLiant DL380, DL480 and superdome servers.
- IBM P6, P7,P8,P9
- Solaris Sunsparc T2550 and M3000.
- Cisco UCS Blades
- Cisco Nexus switches, iSCSI and Fiber Channel Switches.
- SAN STORAGES: Dell Compellent, EMC VMX, VMAX, Netapp Filers.
- Shell Scripting, Perl and C++
- TCP/IP Configurations, DNS servers Setup, NFS Shares, SSH Tunneling, Firewalls, DHCP Server setup, Managing Certificates, creating VLANS.
MONITORING: Ganglia, Xymon, Nagios core, NagiosXI, Opsview, PRTG and Splunk.
CLOUD: Rackspace, vmware cloud, amazon aws.
PATCHING: Lumension, Languard and BMC, Redhat Satellite.
BACKUP: Netbackup and Veeam.
AUTHENTICATION TOOLS: Active Directory, Centrify, LDAP, Ficsher.
TICKET TOOLS: ITSM, Blackboard.
AUTOMATION AND DEPLOYMENT: Salt stack, Puppet. Red hat Satellite Server.
Misc. Tools: Vmware P2V, Platespin P2P and P2V. Veritas Volume Manager.
- Linux Red Hat Servers 6, 7 Configuration and installation, managing file systems, user permissions and backups.
- Working on IBM AIX P8, P9 filesystem and performed NAS file systems migration on Netapp Filers.
- Installation of patches and packages manually and using config management tool puppet.
- Configured Puppet servers and puppet agent to automated different configuration on servers
- UNIX Administration on Solaris 9 & 10, VERITAS Cluster Server, VERITAS Volume Manager.
- Experience on VMware ESX & vCenter system, Deploy Virtual Machines and use Clones, Snapshots, and templates.
- Installing, patching, upgrading guest OS on VMware and Vsphere client systems.
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to virtual infrastructure.
- Planned and executed packages and updates installations necessary for optimal system performance on linux servers.
- Patch management for linux and unix servers and removing vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge on Has sound knowledge of troubleshooting performance issues with application, Storage and network team to Identify, Isolate and resolve Virtual environment performance issues.
- Setup network printers and installed client/server applications. Defined/setup network protocols, Network file services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS) in Linux and AIX systems.
- Configured and administrated POWER VMs’s.
- Configuration and Maintenance of AutoFs in AIX and Linux.
- Built high-end servers, creating and loading images on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers using System manager tool.
- Installed, configured and managed Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Proficient in configuring KickStart and jumpstart servers to initiate installation of Red Hat Linux and UNIX (SOLARIS/ AIX) respectively on several machines.
- Patches and Package administration for installation of patches as per company policy and installation of packaged application.
- Installed, configured and managed Redhat Cluster Suite in Linux servers.
- Worked on live upgrades in Solaris and HP-UX servers. Configured and managed Zeta byte File System (ZFS) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux Servers
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area and performed Red hat Linux Kickstart installations.
- Work with developers to architect and enhance applications Monitor system performance and plan for future capacity and scaling Participate in an on-call rotation.
Confidential, Jackson, MI
- Responsible for 250 Linux Virtual servers in house facility and 800 remote Linux virtual servers for their maintenance, troubleshooting, disk management, their availability.
- Managed and supported different applications running on them.
- Managed about 100 physical servers with different OS i.e. Redhat linux, Solaris and Windows in the facility.
- Managed data stores in ESX hosts, made ESX host in the Vmware.
- Performed vmotioning, cloning and take snapshots of virtual machines, created new VLANS in the VMware.
- Strong knowledge of VMDKs, Physical and Virtual RDMs in VMware.
- Made new virtual servers with Linux and Windows server OS, windows failover Clustering, installation of SQL servers on windows server, MSTDC configuration.
- Virtualized many physical Linux and windows server 2003 and 2008 using P2V utility.
- Worked on Chassis installation of Cisco USC blade servers 6500 series then Installing OS in them through KVM.
- Worked on SUN Solaris Sparc M3000 and T5220 Servers Backup and recovery. Used Bootp and DHCP server Strategy. Used ufsdump to take backup on the NFS share in remote facility and restored, tested and Implemented in production.
- Created new Database 2 node, 3 node and 4 node clusters on AIX servers and helped database team in order to restore the databases on new servers.
- Worked on windows server 2003 and 2008. Managing their storage, performance, creating clustered configuration, applying raid technologies.
- Nagios Migration from Nagios core to NagiosXI enterprise version with Nagios fusion integration on top. Created Custom Plugins and scripts for monitoring. Troubleshooted Nagios XI, Taking Ticket system integration with nagiosxi.
- Installation and configuration of windows servers 2003 and 2008 in vmware and physical servers. Storage management, performance management.
- Active Directory (GPO and scripting) and DNS Management (Vital QIP 7.1).
- Patch management for Linux, AIX, Solaris and windows through Lumension and also used Languard for windows patch management.
- Involved in project tasks for upgrade and net new implementations.
- Configure Apache on Linux/Unix machine. Harden server and applications.
Environment: Linux Redhat 7, 6 and 5, Oracle 10gsolaris Servers, SUN sparc, Linux, Kick Start, jumpstart servers, windows server 2003 and 2008, Nagios, splunk, Lumension, languard, Shell Script, Netapp storage, HP EVA, VMware servers,Websphere.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Linux Systems Administrator
- Installation, Upgradation and configuration of Red Hat Linux 5, 6 on Physical Dell Servers R710, R610.
- Installed and configured IBM AIX on P7-Series Servers using NIM server.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, support and performance monitoring of high profile applications running on IBM WebSphere Application Servers, WebSphere Process Server and integrate with different Web Servers and configuration of web apps
- Implemented the 2 nodes and 3 nodes Clusters Topology to meet High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Installing and configuration and maintenance of NetBackup 6.0/5.x.
- Creation of Logical volumes (LVM) for Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX operating systems.
- Installation and configured Windows 2008 and 2012 servers.
- Installed and configured NFS (CIFS) on Redhat Linux 6, Managed directory permissions and user accounts on NFS shares. Mounted them on various client servers.
- Worked on VMware Upgrading VMware server 5.x to 5.5 esx hosts.
- Added more esx hosts to existing clusters to increase performance and minimize load on cpu.
- Installed and upgraded packages on Linux Servers and IBM P-Series AIX Servers using various manual and automated tools like Lumension, nim servers etc.
- Performance monitoring using Sar, Iostat, VMstat and MPstat on AIX servers. Logged events and forced crash dumps, secured servers and troubleshooted issues.
- Initiating Backups on daily basis and monitoring the scheduled backups. Provided On call Support for Red hat Linux and IBM AIX server environments.
- Installed Oracle-8i Server, Oracle Client Software on the application server and configuring the connectivity using JDBC drivers for the DB. Troubleshooting the connectivity from the Application to DB, maintenance of the DB's in server
- Installed of all the required Software, patches, documentation, licensing trouble shooting.
- Used Symantec Enterprise Security Manager for system integrity check on newly build servers
- Supported Bugzilla, Media Wiki, SVN running in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Performed Red Hat Linux kernel, memory upgrades and undertook Red hat Linux Kick start installations.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of MySQL on Redhat Linux/ Unix servers.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security
- Managed Red Hat Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat LinuxKick start Installation
- SENDMAIL configuration and administration, testing the mail server.
Environment: Redhat Linux AS3.0, AS4.0,VXFS, IBM P Series AIX servers, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Net backup, DNS, NIS, NFS, Sendmail, Oracle 10g, MYSQL, Weblogic 9.2,Websphere VMware 3.x/2.x and HACMP.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Linux System Administrator
- Administered Linux servers Linux (RHEL /5/6/) running on physical and virtual servers.
- Designed, advocated, and implemented the reorganization of the DevOps team to scale the organization. Drove adoption of new patterns and processes to support the new model.
- Refactored puppet manifests to reflect best practices. Wrote Puppet modules for Installing, configuring, and monitoring.
- Working knowledge of security policies and regulations pertaining to information security.
- Responsible for Patching Linux Servers. Installed removed and updated and querying packages using RPM &YUM in Red Hat Linux.
- Collaborated with the EMC and NetApp team for the storage requirements.
- Linux systems administration in a 3000+ node, heterogeneous environment.
- Managed deployments across various IaaS providers: AWS,
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Deployed LDAP for centralized authentication.
- Use of ServiceNow for incident management, change control and task management Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation.
- Responsible for packaging all code into RPMs.
- Installed and configured several hundred Red Hat Enterprise Linux in both Physical Blade utilizing Kickstart/PXE/Red Hat Satellite Server and VMware Vpshere.
- Create and configure LVM based EXT3 and OCFS2 based Cluster file systems on SAN LUNS utilizing Multipath to assist redundant path detection and increase I/O stability.
- Configuration Installation of Red hat Linux 5/6/7 and Oracle Enterprise Linux by using Kick Start, Red Hat Satellite Server and customized bash/perl scripts.
Environment: Redhat 5, 6, EMC, Netapp, Vmware, AWS, Pupper, Nagios, Redhat satellite Server, SAN.