- Technical subject matter expert in system engineering, system analysis, and system administration;
- Lead and mentor supporting a diverse combination of IT infrastructures and implementations;
- Jack of all trades with proven expertise in understanding industry standards to successfully deliver expectations in a timely and cost - effective manner.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Virtualization: VMware ESXi 5, 6, Vsphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware Fusion, VMware Player, Parallels, VirtualBox, Citrix.
Enterprise OS/Servers: Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora.
System Deployment: Win PE system images creation and deployment, Acronis Snap Deploy system images creation and deployment, Acronis PXE server, Time Machine image for Mac OS X, SCCM, LANDesk.
System Administration: Windows Server Administration, RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu Linux Administration, Active Directory Administration, Microsoft Office 365 Administration, Microsoft Lync Administration, Microsoft Exchange Administration, Yammer Administration, File Share Server / NAS / Drobo Administration, WSUS Administration SCCM/SCOM Administration, Microsoft Dynamics CRM administration, Cisco Webex Administration, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, Cisco Unity Call Manager Administration, Cisco TMS Telepresence Administration, Cisco Jabber Administration, Cisco Anyconnect VPN, LANDesk Administration, Zendesk Administration, Vidyo SIP/H323 Teleconferencing Administration, Unlimited Conferencing Administration, Faxcomanywhere Administration, StatuspageIO Administration, Formstacks Administration, Vyopta fleet monitoring, Microsoft Dynamics GP Admnistration, Vidistar PACS Admnistration, GE Centricity PACS Administration, System Deployments, Application and Software Deployments.
System Integration: ADFS Active Directory Integration, Office 365 integration, Onelogin Single Sign-On (SSO) SAML integration, Centrify for Linux and Mac OS X AD integration, Cisco Webex integration, Vidyo Teleconferencing Integration.
IT Security: Tracking IP vulnerabilities, Patch management, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Vipre for Business Premium, Controlnow, GFI Cloud, Qualys Guard, Protected trust email encryption, Alertboot Disk Encryption, Checkpoint Pointsec Disk Encryption, FileVault Disk Encryption, Deep Freeze security, Bitlocker.
Networking / Storage / Mobile and Desktop Device Management: Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA, Ubiquiti Unifi Network, Access Points, Wireless, Firewall, Clustering, Switches, Airwatch, Mass360, Centrastage, Cisco Meraki MDM, WSUS, SCCM/SCOM, LANDesk, LogMeIn, Teamviewer, Cisco anyconnect VPN, Cisco Meraki, NAS, FreeNAS, Synology, iSCSI datastore.
Backup and Disaster Recovery: Windows Backup, GFI MaxBackup/MaxFocus, Acronis, Time Machine Backup, EMC Avamar.
Vendor Management: Microsoft VLSC, WASP, Vendor systems pilot and trials, Office 365 licensing, CDW, Various vendors.
Troubleshooting: General Software and Hardware Diagnosis/Troubleshooting, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 0, upgrading/replacing and/or repair of hardware components for PC brands such as Microsoft Surface, HP, Dell, Lenovo, IBM, Gateway, Sony, Samsung, as well as Apple Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, and Diagnosis/Troubleshooting of computer peripherals, Android and iOS mobile devices.
Lead Systems Engineer / Systems Engineer
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Manage, lead, and mentor a group of systems engineers ensuring each Windows, Mac, and Linux scientific servers and workstations are in compliance with FDA scientific computing standards;
- Manage and lead technical projects, ticket managements, and personally engaging with FDA scientists for all scientific computing related issues i.e. network, subdomain, firewall, hypervisor, VM’s, scientific instruments;
- Creation and maintaining images for workstations and servers in Win PE, MDT, and Acronis PXE environment;
- Responsible for cyber security endpoint monitoring of over 1000+ scientific computing servers and workstations including IP scanning of vulnerabilities;
- In-charge of patch management and deployment of security definitions for Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware, Windows Updates, and all other vulnerabilities;
- Responsible for maintenance and configuration of hypervisors hosting virtualized servers in RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Servers Operating Systems and clustering and domain integration;
- Management and Administration of each sub-domain Active Directory (user provisioning, setting up roles and permissions, security groups, distribution lists, Group Policy, etc.);
- Management and Administration of NAS storage, file network shares and file servers in each lab domain;
- Administration and integration of Office 365 (user provisioning, roles and permissions for Skype for Business, Exchange, Office 365 Suite licensing);
- Last point of escalation for troubleshooting and/or repairs of all workstations and server related issues and other infrastructures such as switches, firewall, access points, patch panels, etc.
- Maintains daily backups of workstations and servers for Disaster Recovery though EMC Avamar and Implement continuous improvement methodology through the use of FDA IT systems.
- Work directly with FDA Scientists in most aspects of the day-to-day computing activities and respond to inquiry regarding server-end or client-end hardware and software or scientific instrument related issues, correcting or ensuring that problems are resolved within timely manner.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring, applying operating system patches, Antivirus updates Detect, isolate, document, rapidly report, and resolve system outages or problems encountered during operations of the scientific workstations, including collections of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
- Maintain inventory of system assets (servers and workstations) and ensure compliance with FDA standards and security policies are implemented as mandated by FDA.
- Writing and maintain documentations, SOP, and guidelines for all related configurations and deployments and additional duties as assigned by COR or PM.
Principal Systems Engineer / Systems Administrator
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Responsible for engaging with technology vendors, coordinating demo, trials and setup of on-premise pre-requisites for pilot environment and incorporating, deploying, implementation, introducing and delivering of new systems within the company.
- Responsible for learning and deployment of new systems including writing SOP documentations for support and end users, including training of support team and help desks for incorporating the newly acquired technology into work flow.
- Built and maintains PXE server (Acronis) and Win PE master PC images for various brands from ground up uniforming all corporate and clinical employees workstations.
- Deployed and manage Desktop and Mobile Device Management (Centrastage) for managing, maintaining, patch management and remotely supporting on-premise and off-premise servers, desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining physical and VMware based Microsoft Windows based servers (Windows 2008R2 - 2012).
- Responsible for setup and maintaining of Network File/Folder servers, NAS, cloud based backups, restore and disaster recovery.
- Administration of Active Directory (user provisioning, setting up roles and permissions, security groups, distribution lists, etc.), Fileshares, Home drives, etc.
- Administration and integration of Office 365 via ADFS (user provisioning, roles and permissions for Lync Online, Exchange Online, Yammer, CRM Dynamics, Visio, Project, Office 2013).
- Administration and integration of Onelogin SSO via ADFS (setup of web connectors, user provisioning, setting up roles and security groups integraded to Active Directory), Cisco Webex (provisioning of users and roles), Vidyo Desktop (video conferencing / virtual conference rooms).
- Administration of Cisco TMS and Cisco VCS Expressway (video conferencing), Cisco Unified Communication, Cisco Jabber, Unlimited conferencing (provisioning of users and roles), Faxcomanywhere and Myfax (provisioning of users and roles).
- Manages and monitors IP vulnerabilities via Qualys Guard, GFI Cloud Antivirus / Controlnow.
- Escalation point for all Tier supporting 450+ hospitals, 350+ physicians, 500+ employees on both Mac and Windows OS and Cisco / Tandberg Video H323 Endpoints (EX60, SX10, SX20, EDGE 75, MXP770, MX200).
- Lead and Mentor IT specialist team for all Tier levels supporting clinical, external client and corporate employees and provides new hire IT overview/training ( corporate and clinical employees).
Technology Disclosure Specialist
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Acting as a liaison between the Law Department, its internal clients, its outside law firms, and international agents on technology related intellectual property matters.
- Providing technical writing and research concerning disclosures of technology related inventions from EPO, JPO, in connection with a new/pending U.S patent applications.
Lead RF Engineer / Systems Administrator
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Responsible for training, managing, and running a team consists of multiple individuals/teams in a fast paced telecom environment.
- Responsible for Windows Server Administration and maintenance of physical servers.
- Responsible for Active Directory and Exchange Administration (user provisioning, setting up roles and permissions, security groups, distribution lists, etc.)
- Responsible for examining system logs from CDMA / IDEN /GSM Network towers with prototype units.
- Responsible for collecting cell site packet data using point-to-point protocol (PPP).
- Responsible for flashing radio software, firmware and code plugs of the prototype smartphones and mobile phones.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating drive test equipment and computers such as Operating System, device firmware, prototype software, packet data software and automated testing software.
- Coordinated and executed tests with Confidential proprietary prototype software and prototype hardware and reviewing of logs of defects and errors.
- Performed and Executed test cases on various software configurations on prototype units.
- Worked with prototype devices using radios, laptops, and GPS equipment to collect data.
- Logging of detected errors and defects of prototype cell phone using provided prototype software.
- Drive test of devices with Android and Symbian OS Environment.
IT contractor/ Desktop and System Administrator / IT Liaison and Consultant
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Providing 24/7 IT support to a total of 50+ employees.
- Responsible for Windows Server Administration and Physically setting up and maintaining of servers.
- Responsible for Administration of Windows Active Directory, File server, Print server.
- Responsible for Ticket management and assisting clients with IT related issues and questions.
- Responsible for Desktop and laptop hardware maintenance, hardware upgrades, software updates.
- Performed OS migration and Backups and Recovery.
- Performed configuration of external routers/firewalls/hubs and LAN.
- Performed configuration and setting up antivirus and encryption software.
- Responsible for managing IT inventory and keeping track of warranties.
- Responsible for Purchasing and Deployment of new workstation, including Installation of OS, applications in accordance with client's requests, and all necessary software including Microsoft Office Suite.