- Substantial hands on technical expert with an overall 12+ years of experience as Linux/Unix System Administrator/Infrastructure build and manage on Cloud, on premise, Virtual environment and other IT and Telecom sectors. Detail oriented, accomplished, outcome driven, problem solver, self starter, lead/manage team independly, little/no supervision. Comfortable adapting to rapidly changing environments.
- Experience in CI/CD Automation Tools such as Jenkins, AWS CloudFormation, AWS OpsWorks.
- Proficient in Amazon Web Services such as AWS Lambda, EC2, ECS, VPC,S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, IAM, SQS, SNS.
- Expertise in Infrastructure Configuration using Orchestration Tools as Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
- Experience in Containerized Application Deployment using Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with Source Control Management tools such as Git, SVN
- Proficient in Unix/Linux based OS Configuration and code for automated tasks using scripting in Bash, shell, python.
- System administration on RHEL, OEL, CentOS, SUSE, Solaris, VMware and Windows
- Hands on experience with Services/Systems like Apache, LAMP, VMware virtualization, Software Load Balancer
- Expertise in Performance Monitoring Tool like Nagios, AWS CloudWatch, Cacti.
- Expertise in managing several file systems using Logical Volume Manager (LVM), SVM, ZFS, VXFS
- Experience in Opscneter to deploy Solaris LDOM and Zone.
- Experience in database like Oracle, Informix, Timesten, MySQL.
- Experience in Storage (Hitachi/EMC/XIO)
Sr. Unix Administrator (SME)
- Managing systems backup ( Avamar and Veritas Netbackup ) .
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents.
- IP configuration, bonding, IPMP, Teaming and troubleshooting using ethtool, tcpdump. Snoop, ARP.
- User and group management as requested.
- Vcpu and memory allocation in ESX as requested .
- Configured High Availability clusters ( RAC , VCS ) on Linux .
- Preparing servers for Oracle RAC including tuning the kernel, passwordless ssh, SELINUX , GRUB configuration .
- Involved in Datacenter server migration , cloning , vmotion , P2V , V2V using vmware converter and OVF .
- Data migration with Robocopy .
- Created and managed templates in VCenter .
- Created Standard and Distributed Switches (dvSwitch) and VLAN in the vCenter for making use of best network design and stability across the vCenter.
- Storage configuration using Logical Volume Manager ( LVM) , Veritas Volume Manager ( VxVM) .
- Deployed VMs using OVF / OVA Templates.
- SAN assessment for decom server and remove from Hitachi, EMC device as well as unzoning and port reclaim from Cisco and brocade switch.
- Perform scripting on Perl and shell to perform build QA .
- Configuring the FTP , DNS , SMTP , NTP and troubleshooting them.
- Installing and configuring opsware agent to patch all Linux , windows and solaris servers.
- Managing internal DNS server records addition.
- Implement infrastructure using AWS , EC2 , S3 , ALB , IAM , VPC , VPC peering , Cloudformation, Resizing root EBS volume, Route 53
- Hands on experience with using Lambda function to create job.
- Deploying Ansible, Deploying service with ansible, Create some playbooks.
- Install Docker Container, Deploying website,
- Install and configure Jenkins. Building jenkins CI/CD pipelines. Deploying docker container and Kubernetes with Jenkins pipelines.
- Install Kubernetes and orchestration docker container
- Build Infrastructure , involves builds and decommissioning of Solaris, Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x 7x OEL 5x, 6x 7x), Windows (2K3, 2K8, 2K12, 2K16 ), ESX servers.
- Deploy servers using Kickstart , Jumpstart and wanboot .
- Configuring and sizing of Solaris LDOM and Zone through Opscenter .
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
Sr. System Engineer
- Installation of RHEL (RedHat Enterprise Linux) 5.X, 6.X, 7.X administrator and server maintenance.
- Automate server health checkup using script.
- Experienced on string processing utility ( AWK , SED , cut , tr , grep )
- Experienced in Installation, configuration of application and web server.
- Built Solaris servers, including LDOMs and Zones.
- Involved in supporting and maintenance of HP ProLiant servers, HP blade systems, Dell PowerEdge Servers, Sun Fire V series, T series and M - series servers
- Diagnosis and maintenance of hardware issues involving single and multiple point failures, working with vendors for H/W replacements.
- Creating and managing Virtual Machines and Templates on VMware ESX (4.x, 5.x)
- Support autofs mounts, installing packages using yum and rpm packagement on Linux.
- Experience installing, configuring, tuning, and supporting Linux servers.
- Involved extensively in virtualizing and managing them using VMware and VCenter VSphere.
- Experienced in tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File Systems.
- Worked on Analyze system performance, client to server traffic and server to server traffic.
- Performed OS provisioning using Kickstart and Jumpstart.
- Experienced with VMware Virtualization using ESX hypervisor of VSphere.
- Create, extend, reduce and administration of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in RHEL environment.
- Maintaining Solaris Volume Manager (SVM)
- Storage configuration (SAN and NAS).
- Configuration of Network bonding which include Active/Standby and Active/Active.
- Tune kernel in RHEL and OEL.
- Ensure daily backup using rsync .
- Experienced on version control tool ( Git , SVN ).
- Troubleshooting Network,memory,cpu,swap and File system issues,TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris servers.
- Creation of Jumpstart and Kickstart configuration for the automatic provision of servers.
Linux/Unix System Admin istrator
- Installation and troubleshooting of RHEL , Debian , Ubuntu , and SUSE (10, 11)
- Writing shell and Perl scripts for automation of various repitative tasks.
- Configuring file systems using Logical Volume Manager ( LVM ) .
- Installation of ESXi , creation of new CentOS servers, worked on creating and monitoring new virtual machines.
- Experience in Install ing LAMP stack, backup and restore MySQL database.
- Experience in configuring multipathing for RHEL 6 servers and HP - UX servers.
- Configuring DNS, subnetting , TCP/IP, NFS, DHCP .
- Install and maintenance of Nagios and adding new server.
- Experience in administering, troubleshooting and deployment of Tomcat 6.x
- Hands on experience on configuring Load balancer ( haproxy )
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting Apache Web servers .
Application and Software Engineer
- As a technical expert engaged in overseas project in Bhutan.
- Design, planning and deploy application software in Tashi Cell, Bhutan.
- Support one of the biggest telecom operators (Robi) in Bangladesh and multiple telecom operators in Bangladesh.
- Installing and configuring Linux and Solaris OS on IBM Servers. Installation, Configuration, Administration & Trouble Shooting of RHEL servers on large scale.
- Creating and deleting user - ids as per requests.
- Closely working with network team and security team.
- Operating system tuning.
- Handling trouble ticket and Incident management maintaining SLA.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system performance related activities.
- Experienced on job scheduler ( cron , at ).
- Write and execute script to automate repitative task.
- Database and application backup/recovery and monitoring.
- Working on change management.
- Job scheduling using cron, at.
- Review and Maintain logs of production failures and resolutions.
- System updates.
- Assigning LUNs to the server.
- CPU , Memory , disk checking .
- Performance monitoring .
- Installing and maintaining monitoring tool Cacti , dstat , sysstat .
- DNS , mail , Samba , apache installation and maintenance.
- Hands on experience using the VI editor.
- Install, configure, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL 5.5 and higher.
- Perform day to day System Admin tasks.
- Good Knowledge of LVM, which include creating PVs, VGs, LVs and filesystems and troubleshooting.