Service - driven IT professional with 2 years of experience providing reliable Systems Administration solutions. Dedicated team leader building motivated teams and supervising support staff in a fast pace DoD environment. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Amazon Web Services (AWS): IAM, S3, DynamoDB, CloudFront, EC2, ELB, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Lambda, AWS Key Management Service and API Gateway
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Office 365 and Outlook 2016
Printers: Xerox, Lexmark and HP
Network Controls: Public Key Infrastructure, virtual private network, firewall, intrusion detection system, intrusion prevention system, security group, web proxy, and anti-virus system
Ticketing system: BMC Remedy
Operating systems: Windows 7, 8 and 10
Remote workstation tools: Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Bomgar
Account management: Active Directory, DRA server and Enterprise Service Desk (ESD)
Typing speed: 50 wpm
Systems Administrator - Lead Technician
- Informed Air Force National Capitol Region Systems Admin staff of ongoing requirements of any type (safety, security, compliance/other ) by meeting with them individually or as a group.
- Added and removed user accounts to and from appropriate security groups.
- Properly Installed software onto workstations from the server, providing risk management, preventing unauthorized software from being put onto the network.
- Reported confirmed and potential classified message/spillage incidents of SIPR to NIPR to the Computer Network Defense Cyber Security team.
- Reviewed audit logs for suspicious activity.
- Trained newly acquired and veteran technicians on proper SOP’s
- Locked, unlocked, enabled and disabled user accounts.
- Provided recommendations for security improvements based on advances in industry or in response to threat intelligence.
- Participated in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding network equipment, maintenance and monitoring.
- Evaluated current security posture and recommended priorities for remediation.
- Remoted into workstations utilizing Bomgar and RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol).
- Implemented and coordinated activities to ensure, protect, and restore IT systems, services, and capabilities; and provided advice and guidance to end users on implementing IT security procedures.
- Showed ability to organize, prioritize, and assist with daily technical support in organizations with different support requirements.
- Troubleshot and solved common network issues using logical diagnostic tools.
- Coordinated with Managers and Communications Focal Point on any current or previous outage issues.
- Harvested hard disk drives from desktops and laptops.
- Ensured media was removed from cd/dvd rom drive, providing quality assurance.
- Cleared BIOS passwords using given passwords and hard drives.
- Kept inventory of systems and hard drives removed
- Shipped hard drive disks to another facility to be destroyed.
- Provided weekly spreadsheet via email of all hard disk drives removed.