- 29+ years Programming
- 19+ years Systems / Business Analyst
- 17+ years Data Warehousing (metadata strategizing, ETL)
- 18+ years multidimensional / relational OLAP/OLTP reporting
- Impromptu / IWR 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1
- PowerPlay / Transformer/
- Transformation Server/ Enterprise Server/ Upfront 6.0, 6.5, 6.61, 7.0, 7.1, 7.3
- ReportNet 1.x, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 10.1, 11.0.5, 11.0.7, 11.0.13)
- Version 6.x, 7.x
- 2008, 2008 - R2, 2012
- Informatica: PowerMart V4.x
- Informatica PowerCenter 10.2
- IBM DataStage V8.1
- Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
- Exadata Release 2
- SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012
- DB2 9.5, 9.7, 10.1
- Federal Financial System (FFS)
- Remedy 5.x, 6.0
- Oracle Designer
- TOAD 6.x, 7.x, 9.x
- SQL Developer 7.x, 8.x, 9.x
- SQL Sentry Plan Explorer 2.6
- Windows 2000/ME/XP
- Windows NT Server 4.0, Server 2003/2008 R2/2016
- UNIX HPUX 11.22, 11.23
- RHEL AS 3.0
Confidenti, Fort Worth, TX
- Install/configure/administer/upgrade multi-server distributed Cognos Analytics (CA) POC/CIT/DEV/UAT and PROD environments; create training documents and videos and conduct training for end users and report/cube/dashboard developers; install/configure MotioCI for versioning and migrating CA content across all CA environments; design Cognos Analytics dashboards for management on reporting and training metrics; monitor ServiceNow ticketing system for standard and ad-hoc access requests/report requests/database information; Conduct weekly vulnerabilities review with DBA/Server Admins and Security.
- Program and maintain SQL Server/Oracle stored procedures/materialized views for performance management and daily status reports; monitor and restart Informatica workflows for daily table updates and month end/quarter end processing; performance tune reports and any developer created direct SQL.
- Administer and support five multi-server distributed Cognos Analytics Environments.
- Program and maintain SQL Server/Oracle store procedures and materialized views.
- Document ETL/Migration for Auditing/management review and admin training.
- Conduct weekly vulnerabilities review with DBA/Server Admins and Security.
- Migrate Oracle 11g source DB’s to Oracle Exadata and validate data/security.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Database Developer/ Report Developer
- Design SQL Server Data Mart solutions for various application level databases using SSIS packages; develop Access Databases used as a front-end by Confidential personnel to augment FastTrack/McKesson database reporting; program stored procedures and design tables/views/triggers to be used in reporting and data processing;
- Develop SSRS, Crystal and Tibco reports requested by the Confidential business; design dashboards using TIBCO Spotfire for use by Patient Service Coordinators to replace Access DB’s; used SalesForce to track report & DB delivery; performance tune Stored Procedures to speed slow running queries; download State level Medicare pricing information and load into SQL Server table for comparison to existing costing to ensure profitability.
- Document Confidential Database reporting requirements for IT/IS team review.
- Design and program stored procedures/views/triggers for use in various reporting tools.
- Develop Data Mart/Data Store/Data Warehouse solutions for data access and reporting.
- Download Texas State Medicare pricing for comparison against existing HH costing.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
SSRS Specialist/Database Developer
- Design and develop SSRS Reports in support of Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers ( Confidential ); programmed statistical analysis function/stored procedures to meet government and industry guidelines; design and program stored procedures used by multiple standard reports; programmed statistical analysis functions to show significant differences between user-selected periods
- Pivoted transaction data to support reporting requirements; conducted database and report level performance tuning; developed Data Store/Data Mart and Data Warehouse solutions for transactional data source, analysis and reporting requirements across multi-spectrum healthcare platforms.
- Cross-trained team members on reporting tool and report specific calculations
- Designed and programed dynamic SQL stored procedures for multi-use reporting.
- Documented business requirements and report calculations for review by Q/C team.
- Coordinated Marketing Analysts in verifying Benchmarks and Norms across various healthcare specialties.
- Met government and business auditing guidelines to verify proper handling and security of Personal Health Information of customers.
Confidential, Las Colinas, TX
- Designed and developed database solutions for financial and energy related data in Mart, Store and Data Warehouse formats; designed DataStage ETL Scripts for daily and monthly level processing; transformed Transaction data for use in reporting tools and to meet Quality Assurance requirements; designed Stored procedures to compare Transaction data to transformed data to ensure data integrity; conducted server/model/report level performance tuning.
- Automated server scripts for daily maintenance of BI Portal environments.
- Documented user standards and business requirements for Cost of Service reports.
- Migrated from Server 2002 / Cognos 8.4 to Server 2008 R2 / Cognos 10.1.1 and defined methodology for future migrations.
- Designed group level Pages for portal entry based on user access levels.
- Administer Tableau reporting environment for subsidy (Optim Energy).
- Trained State and Regional users in report development and maintenance.
- Designed database tables and reports to meet No Child Left Behind requirements.
- Developed EDEN (Education Data Exchange Network) reports to meet State and Federal guidelines.
- Converted all Cognos reports to SQL Server SSRS reports based on individual user requirements.
Confidential, White Plains, NY
Cognos Architect/Development Manager
- Supported and maintained Cognos ReportNet on Server 2003 platforms; maintained and updated reporting layer in Framework model; developed and implemented security layer in Cubes and ReportNet reports; administered prod/dev environments for Confidential ; migrated all reports and cubes from ReportNet 1.1 MR3 to Cognos v8.2/8.3; designed Database solutions for educational transaction systems as well as the Data Warehouse for New Mexico statewide Reporting and Analysis; developed and implement dashboard reports for Attendance and Discipline/ Infraction reporting; customized models for State specific reporting; implemented Higher Education schemas for use in cross-domain reporting; worked with various superintendents and their principals on delivering reporting solutions for Student longitudinal data.
- Managed 3 developers in ReportNet and I-NetSoft support/development.
- Designed training documents on customer Model & data in Cognos environments.
- Supervised Data Warehouse team in adding new schemas and relationships to Model/War files for state and district level customers.
- Developed reports to meet Federal DoE Education Reporting requirements.
- Defined multi-level security and reports, including LDAP & Java security sources.
Confidential, Taylor, TX
- Primary Cognos Architect for all Cognos software on LINIX platforms; defined ReportNet Model for Transaction Database; updated Reporting Database on an Oracle 11g environment for 300+ user base; implemented power-grid real time reporting for load balancing, stand-by power generation, market pricing, and failover capacity planning; established data security standards for Oracle pass-through security credentials; maintained background clearances.
- Wrote Administration “step-by-step” document for use by IT personnel.
- Addressed and resolved Remedy tickets involving reporting/cube and DB requests and enhancements.
- Designed and enhanced report/cube requests for financial access and Key Performance Indicator requirements.
- Designed and implemented Cognos and LDAP security roles and Oracle level security pass-through ID’s.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Installed, supported, maintained, and upgraded all Cognos software on UNIX HP-UX platform; created reporting layer for business report developers; developed and implemented security layers in catalog and end-user portal implemented across IWR /Cube and ReportNet reports; administered all environments with a 1300+ user base
- Migrated Concur reporting from IWR to ReportNet; developed and implemented role-based pass-through Oracle ID’s; customized Upfront Portal in HTML to use company graphics
- Designed operating procedures for admins, developers, and systems support.
- Developed and enhanced reports and cubes for new financial access and Key Performance Indicator reporting.
- Defined business relationship for ETL script from SAP to Oracle Data Warehouse.
- Conducted performance tuning review and redeveloped Transformer MDC’s for improved build times.
Confidential, Coppell, TX
- Administered highly distributed Cognos environment, consisting of 12 INTEL/W2K servers; conducted daily monitoring of Server 2000 environments for application stability; published report sets and updated/new cubes to Production for use by 1500+ local/remote user base; defined business user standards for new report requests and developed output to meet user requirements; installed Informatica PowerMart/ PowerCenter V6.0 on a Unix platform.
- Assisted mortgage and real estate business users in building client online reports for city/district/regional level access.
- Trained new personnel to use Cognos Impromptu/IWR, PowerPlay, Transformer.
- Assisted Administrators in planning conversion from Cognos v6.x to v7, including parallel processing statistics for hardware conversion, and pricing of new servers.
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
- Developed Impromptu reports for Clients at remote locations; deployed an on-line environment for remote access; troubleshot previously written reports for updating to V6; trained personnel on Model and Cube development.
- Designed customer-specific calculations in catalog and reports.
- Trained personnel to use Cognos PowerPlay, Transformer, Access Manager.
- Designed software upgrade plan, including complete system and end-user testing.