IT professional with over 20 years of experience in engineering administering, supporting, and integrating wide range of UNIX Enterprise environments systems and solutions. Have strong analytical and problem solving skills to maintain system performance on large scale enterprise environments
Platforms: UNIX - Solaris; SCO Open server; UnixWare; AIX; Linux Redhat HP-UX; DG-UX; Linux, Windows, VM, VSE, Cisco IOS.
Programming: SQL, Perl, Korn, Bourne BASH shell scripting; Script Builder and C/C++ language.
Software: Veritas Foundation Suite, Veritas Cluster Server Solaris Volume Manager, LVM, VxVm Cisco call center solutions - ICM, IPCC, IPIVR Call Manager, UOne, Unity, Avaya Conversant Platform Fast Call, Extra Agent, Cisco Agent Desktop, Apache, Vantive, Oracle, TivoliLDAP, Oracle, WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, Iplanet, Samba, ISS Real Secure, Patrol, HP Openview, ArcSight, Tivoli Storage Manager, SDCS, SEP, BigFix
Unix Infrastructure Design Engineer
- Project implementations from local authentication into Microsoft active directory through LDAP
- Design setup implement new solutions including IBM’s PowerSC for security vulnerabilities and compliance. Integrate IBM’s PowerVP, PowerVC into existing enterprise environment
- Responsible for engineering and overall platform needs of physical and virtualized Confidential Power server compute environment in hosted data centers which includes the OS, OS patching performance tuning, virtualization and disaster recovery. Lead the analysis of current and future application requirements to effectively manage, consolidate and maximize efficiency in the enterprise distributed platform solution and hybrid approaches while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives
- Develop and maintain technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with services partners as needed. Compile and analyze operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems or processes. Partner and consult with varied technical and management staff to identify and plan access data center and cloud infrastructure designs, physical data center requirements and impacts and resolves design problems.
- Provide level 3 support to administration and tier 1,2 support staff for all Unix related issues.
- AIX, Linux PowerSC, PowerVC, PowerVP, Ansible,
Sr Unix Systems Engineer
- Senior Unix Engineer with advanced skills with AIX and Linux systems including scripting coding skills for automation, in-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies design implement and maintain environments. Design, implement and maintain scripts for end users. Executed performance testing and tuning activities, developed monitoring processes and performed performance recommendations for UNIX environment AIX, Linux and Solaris.
- Established processes and procedures application and server installation and configuration
- Provided extensive tier 3, 24x7 operational support of Unix enterprise environment
- Install and configure new server builds, testing and installation of patches and e-fixes to maintain system security and infrastructure stability.
- Participated in all IT DR test activities collaborated with business unit staff and key IT staff members for planning, directing controlling maintaining and implementing an effective IT Disaster recovery testing plan.
- Implemented systems security for compliance to meet business requirements.
- Performed problem management in determining root cause analysis of critical issues relating to applications and servers implemented solutions meeting best practices and business requirements.
- Wrote, publish and distribute technical documents including user manuals release note, installation and support materials enabling project managers, team members, and users to effectively support and maintain applications and systems across multiple platforms.
- Provided leadership in planning and implementation of projects for data center scaling, datacenter migration and administration of large scale UNIX environment
- UNIX: AIX, Linux Redhat, Solaris, HP-UX, HP Openview, Tivoli Storage Manager, SDCS, SEP, Veritas Cluster, Oracle RAC, Confidential BigFix, 3000 LPARS npiv vscsi, 15,000 linux VMs 3000 AIX LPARS, HPSA
- Support and manage entire Carlson shared services Unix enterprise environment consisting Of over 300 hundred production, development, and QA servers in a 24x7 environment. These systems host applications which include Oracle databases, Iplanet, PeopleSoft, and Tivoli
- Perform routine daily system administration functions including filesystem management, user administrations, server builds, security administration, backup and restore, capacity planning, tuning system performance and OS image management for jumpstart
- Design, develop, test, and certify a variety of application and solutions for CM release on Solaris and HP-UX platforms. Create and update documentation into statement of procedure.
- Involved in the implementation of variety projects including: develop, plan and execute disaster recovery simulation; LDAP Client/Server installation and configuration; Implementation of WebLogic / ESPN Size solutions; planning and implementation of Confidential tools sets, OS patch cluster and security configuration across unix infrastructure; migrating and consolidating applications across systems.
- Architect and implement new build process and procedure across multiple Confidential accounts to standardize a single methodology and documentation.
- Support and administration of Veritas Cluster for government travel systems.
- Solaris, HP-UX, Patrol, Measureware, ISS Real Secure, IPlanet, Tivoli, Weblogic, NIS+, LDAP
- Performed configuration changes to critical production accounting systems to achieve compliance with corporate risk assessment and risks identified as part of Sarbanes - Oxley Section 404, gained exposure to a broad range of the company s business and processes.
- Performed full cycle system administration functions including, system security, implementation of disaster recovery, filesystem management, and user administration.
- Created shell scripts to automate administrative functions, and monitor code changes.
- Planned and executed upgrades of high performance computing systems for development.
- Followed company prescribed standards and procedures including strict change control process.
- Confidential AIX 5.1, SCO OpenServer LPAR, Progress Database, P650, P610, Lone Tar.
Unix Systems Engineer
- Troubleshooting complex configurations, software problems and diagnose software specification defects. Resolve configuration issues and provided isolation through dialup.
- Integrated, configured and tested new UNIX/Window server s hardware/software into existing network infrastructure for internal environment and deployed at customer sites.
- Managed customer environments by implementing hardware/software changes for projects.
- Provided 3rd level hardware/software phone support, field support and implementation of
- Avaya s UNIX/Conversant IVR solution, FastCall and Extra Agent application for call centers.
- High level support on custom application for faxing, remote database query and reporting tools.
- Supported Cisco IPCC Suite for call centers and Unified Messaging residing on Solaris 7.
- Performed OS and software installation/upgrades applied patches and hot - fixes as necessary.
- Managed file-systems, disk space and performed device, network and user administration.
- Created shell scripts to gather system information and to perform administrative tasks.
- Provided communication and coordination between engineering group, vendors, management and customer in relation to implementation of new product and resolution to code defects.
- Oracle 7, SQL, MS SQL, PcAnywhere, VPN, UNIX - Solaris, SCO, Windows NT; 2000
- Supported and monitored computer network infrastructure and printer configurations.
- Ensured system resources and performance on UNIX servers remained within reasonable levels.
- Maintained systems by applying system patches and hot - fixes on Unix and Window servers.
- Created shell scripts to automate and improve routine administrative/maintenance procedures.
- Set-up user accounts, maintained and monitored job scheduling applications.
- Planned and executed daily backups and restore procedures for file-systems and databases.
- Maintained computer system security, privacy, and integrity of the entire internal network.
- Resolved problem and/or reported to vendors as needed concerning server anomalies.
- UNIX, Solaris, Linux, HP-UX Oracle, Windows NT, 95.
Technical Support Engineer
- Provided 24x7 hardware/software phone support on UNIX based electronic identification systems for 70 sites in the central and Eastern Time zones utilizing remote dialup connectivity.
- Installed, configured, upgraded, and maintained Unix LAN / WAN systems.
- Performed software installations / upgrades of Unix operating system and software packages.
- Installed and configured routers, bridges, print servers, print spoolers, modems, optical equipment, Confidential personal computers, network printers including HP 4si, IIID and Lexmark.
- Extensive experience with UNIX - SCO, TCP/IP, NFS and FTP.