- Progressive 13 - year track record of solid network engineering, design and security combined with superb customer service
- Technically sophisticated network engineering, design and security professional with solid history of effective implementation of enterprise and residential networks and systems combined with a strong knowledge of network infrastructure, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Broad knowledge of protocols and complex network infrastructure, with extensive, direct hands-on work with numerous hardware appliances.
- Skilled Confidential detecting and locating problems, while resolving a wide range of issues to the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Network Engineering & Operations
- Network Security
- Technical Support
- Customer ServiceNetwork Automation
- Network Design
- Wireless Networks
Platforms: Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/XR/NX-OS (Enterprise & Data Center), JUNOS, TiMOS, Linux-RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Linux Mint.
Tools: Wireshark/TCPDUMP, Ansible, Puppet, Cisco Anyconnect VPN, Juniper Pulse Secure VPN, Cisco ASA/Juniper SRX/Firewall/ASDM, IDS/IPS, Telnet/SSH, RADIUS/TACACS+, AAA, Remedy, ServiceNow
Hardware: Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Juniper MX/M/SRX, Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia SR, Redback, Brocade/Foundry routers and switches, Fortinet.
Current Knowledge/Skill: AWS Cloud, Linux, MCSA.
Senior Network/Security Engineer - Operations & Engineering
- Managing network infrastructures and providing network management lifecycle services/support to our Enterprise clients in Finance, Insurance, Manufactory, Government, and Aerospace & Defense industries, Our level of services including monitoring/troubleshooting/configing/designing/architecture their Branch/Office/HQ/Campus & Data Center locations.
- Hands on Cisco IOS/Cisco Nexus/Juniper routers/switches/firewalls, Palo Alto and Checkpoint Firewall, F5 and Citrix Load Balancer, Riverbed - Steelhead WAN Optimizer, Cisco Meraki cloud/APs, Aruba and Motorola Wireless LAN Controller and many other Enterprise network devices.
- Working on network-IT tasks/requests/tickets such as router/switch, vlan, vpn, ap, end point, server connectivity issues etc. on daily basis.
- Working on network engineering projects such as re/design and deploy networking/firewall equipment to new sites, implement IDS/IPS, support Cisco Umbrella/OpenDNS (Cloud Delivered Enterprise Security service), hardware refresh, wireless ap upgrade, build new vip on the load balancers, implement/modify new security policies on the firewalls, turn up/cut over IPsec/SSL VPNs etc., plus writing RFCs and SOPs.
- As the Sr. Technical Lead on the client account, responsible for presenting KTs to Junior Network Engineers.
- (Providing managed network security services) Deploy/design/admin/monitor/TSHOOT/optimize: NGFW-Juniper SRX/Cisco ASA firewall in Enterprise clients network infrastructure.
- Working/Managing Network Security projects such as design/implement firewall security policies/zones, IDS/IDP/UTM policies, IP packet/URL/content filtering, site to site/remote access VPNs, clustering/HA pair, replacing/upgrading firewalls etc.
- Protecting customer network infrastructures and ensure network SLA 99.9% uptime.
- Supporting the SIEM product - Splunk ES for Enterprise client (Big Data analytics solution/Business Intelligence tool).
- Creating security alerts, reports, security posture dashboard.
- As the Splunk - SME, responsible for deploying (on Linux)/configing/developing/admining (both back end (Linux & WebUI) and front end (WebUI)) Splunk ES for Enterprise client.
- As the Security Engineer/Technical Lead, working and leading projects on the SOC team.
- Laying out the framework Splunk ES.
- Creating SOC compliance, alerts and SOPs.
- Coaching Junior SOC Engineers on Splunk.
Network Engineer - IP Engineering
- Led design, implementation and deployment of campus network with 20+ multi-vendors routers and switches. Created multiple network topologies and network automation scripts (Python) and hosted apache webserver in Linux on the virtual machine to train other team members.
- Mitigated DDoS attack resulting in near-zero outages with minimal downtime.
- Reduced customer outages to less than 4 hours with custom network automation tools, meeting SLA and exceeding company goal by 10%.
- Quick resolution of DNOC-IP group ticket queue (including network maintenance tasks), reducing backlog 66.6% within months.
Network Activation Engineer - Service Delivery
- Provided Tier 2 Enterprise network and infrastructure deployment/activation support to onsite techs, troubleshooting Confidential and Enterprise site installations while providing 24x7 monitoring, and working directly with customers and IT to resolve LAN and WAN issues.
- Managed communication with ISPs and carriers for circuit installations.
- Provided verification of LAN and WAN connectivity across all levels and devices, including VPNs and firewalls.
- Improved the site install productivity by 50% by simultaneously working with multiple local site techs on multiple site installations.
- Exceeded the company monthly managed customer sites install goal by 15%.
Wifi Customer Support
- Provided Tier 1 & 2 network support to internal and external customers, and Tier 1 & 2 support to business IT staff and onsite technicians.
- Monitored wide array of WLAN Controller and Access Points, troubleshooting issues, resolving as able or escalating as needed, and documenting them to investigate root causes and mitigate repetition.
- Reduced customer WiFi down-time to near-zero (0s).
- Maintained customer WiFi experience Confidential 99.9%.
Technical Support Rep
- Assisted business and residential customers with technical issues including Internet, networking, computer, and email, troubleshooting issues in a timely manner.
- Managed network devices, setting up static ip/dynamic ip, TCP/UDP ports, firewalls, and NATs.
- Used remote login to help business customers with DSL setups.
- Created and monitored support tickets, ensuring completion or escalation.