- A seasoned Linux DevOps Engineer/Administrator with strong automation skills.
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible working with a software development team and utilizing best practices for integration and maintenance of a software and hardware baselines.
- Maintaining the baselines providing patches and integrating new hardware when necessary.
- Strong Administration experience in installing configuring maintaining and monitoring Linux based OS and Network based services looking to obtain a position where I will utilize my technical skills, grow technically, be an asset to the company and broaden my horizon by learning from my peers.
- Seven years of System Administration and IT experience in multiplatform LINUX/UNIX with hands - on experience in system configuration/integration tools.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML.
- Hands on setting up the Ansible control machine and configured the remote host inventories via ssh.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Route53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, Red shift, and Cloud Formation.
- Setting up data in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Worked on Installing KVM (Kernel Virtual Machine), configuring KVM Virtual Network, and creating KVM Networked Bridge Interface, creating KVM Virtual Machines
- Hands-on experience with VMware, installation, configuration of ESX 5.5
- Creating and managing virtual machines and snapshot of machines
- Backup management and recovery policies using VERITAS Net-Backup.
- Hands-on experience in configuring SSH and FTP server/client systems to transfer files.
- Intermediate experience of various networking devices and network protocols.
- Hands on experience in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading, Patches, Migration, Fine-Tuning on Linux &UNIX(Centos, RHEL) systems.
- Troubleshooting and managing servers running Red hat and CentOS.
- Installing and configuring infrastructure servers such as FTP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP and NIS.
- ID Management & user administration in NIS domain; Trouble shooting and administration of NIS Master-slave
- Experience working with ticketing systems RT and BMC Remedy
- Experience in Creating, Mounting and Unmounting New File Systems.
- Managed TCP/IP packets and DHCP servers. Monitoring system performances using Nagios and managing network issues.
- Strong Knowledge in implementation of enterprise storage solutions SAN (created VGs and LVs on san disks), NAS (mounted and shared NAS devices for servers), logical volume management (LVM).
- Independent problem solving and a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in writing shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management using cron and at.
- Experience in using various network protocols such as, HTTP, UDP, POP, FTP, TCP/IP and SMTP.
- Working closely with backup team to ensure all servers are being backed up.
- Responding to incidents and working with vendors to resolve system issues.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of change management processes.
Boot, Kickstart, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x, CentOS 6.x/7.x, Linux Mint, HTTP, FTP, NFS, NIS, CIFS, Ansible, Ping, Traceroute, Netstat, Ethtool, Tcpdump, Nslookup, Dig, Telnet, AWSWireshark, Esxi 5.5, vCenter, Vsphere client, vMotion, HA, DRS, Resource Pools, VMware Workstation, Snapshots, Templates, Datastores, iSCSI, NAS, Fiber Channel cables, SAN,LAN, EMC, VNX, Netbackup 7.6, Service Now, Qualys, LDAP, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPD, YUM, RPM, Physical Servers: Dell PowerEdge R710, R810, HP BL460C, C-7000, Cisco C220, C240M4, Cisco switches: 6500, 2750, 2900, HP ILO, TCP/IP, UDP, POP, SMTP, SMB, IMAP, SSH, ICMP, Racking, Stacking, Cabling, Physical, Servers.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Deploy Tanium Client on thousand of servers through Ansible AWX.
- Deployed & orchestrated Tanium Client in a large environment with Ansible
- Wrote playbook to check space on servers (vg check, disk check)
- Performed system health checks on servers using Ansible Playbooks.
- Integrated testing and validated application installations using various Ansible modules
- Resolved troubleshooting issue with automation
- Automated Standard operating procedures with Shell scripts and automation tools like Ansible.
- Working on triage such as DMZ, DECOMM servers
- Create the inventory through Github
- Utilized version controls in Github to manage Ansible Playbooks.
- Perform patches and OS upgrades
- Provide server maintenance and back-up
- Deploy server and workstation operating systems using Ansible.
- Provisioned Virtual & physical servers using Ansible to automate server build process
- Participate in an on-call rotation and work outside of normal business hours to provide support and implement services.
- Excellent troubleshooting, attention to detail, organization, communication and customer service skills.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of servers, storage, network and security, operating systems, web servers, applications, and related infrastructure and services
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Working with virtual environment including VMWare ESX, Hyper-V, SAN storage, virtual networking, replication, and backup
- Manage printing, file sharing and network components like of TCP/IP protocol, DNS, and DHCP.
- Working with remedy 9 to create and close CRQ’s and incidents.
- Resolve and close tickets on JIRA v7.9.2.
- Maintain and upgrade Active Directory in-office network
- Configuring different filesystems like ext2, ext3, ext4 and XFS.
- Build physical and virtual servers using PXE-boot with customized kick start files.
- Working closely with security team and reviewing Qualys scan reports to remediate vulnerabilities by applying patches.
- Using RPM & YUM to build, maintain, and install packages.
- Configuring different RAID levels for system redundancy.
Confidential, Bethpage, N.Y
Linux Systems Engineer
- Deploying virtual machines and physical servers using PXE-boot with customized kickstart profiles.
- Built more than 300 RHEL 7 servers.
- Responsible for complete user management which includes creating, modifying and deleting user accounts.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM (custom YUM Servers/repositories), Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Managing filesystems, users and groups permission and keeping systems up-to-date.
- Solving issues related to user logon, NIS and host connectivity.
- Providing direct user and application support.
- Monitoring infrastructure servers using Nagios monitoring tools and responding to alerts as needed.
- Restoring VMs and data upon in case of any issues.
- Working closely with storage engineers to set up NFS/CIFS shares and as well as requesting LUNS for physical and virtual servers.
- Submitting sos-reports to Red Hat to fix system issues.
- Working closely with developers to deploy applications and fix issues.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Perform storage management in Solaris 10 RHEL 6 & 7, and CentOS 6 & 7. Partitioning new hard disks, adding and mounting filesystems. Volume management using LVM.
- Tuning the kernel parameters based on the application/database requirement
- Configured RAID levels, Disk replacement and File System recovery
- Working closely with security engineers to remediate vulnerabilities by applying patches.
- Keeping the system secure by applying patches, configuring firewall and enabling SELinux in RHEL 6 & 7.
- Experience NIC bonding/NIC Teaming configuration in Linux/UNIX/Windows/VMware systems to increase the bandwidth or redundancy based on requirement by the application.
- Creating and expanding volume groups and logical volumes as needed.
- Managing Packages using YUM and RPM.
- Performance tuning systems using commands like top, vmstat, iostat and sar.
- Setting up network interfaces, troubleshooting network connectivity and resolving network related issues.
- Running ansible ad-hoc commands and writing ansible playbooks to manage and automate configuration.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks to Automate the rolling restarts of Application Servers.
- Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Experienced on Red Hat Satellite Server with custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the Linux environment.
- Implemented active directory using LDAP services and used in conjunction with PAM (Pluggable Authentication Module). worked in several AWS services S3, VPC, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations etc.
- Worked with cloud infrastructure of AMAZON WEB SERVICES and computing AMI virtual machines on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Design AWS account in such a way that the user has minimum privileges and still be able to do what engineers need to do for their project.
- Creating new filesystems, fixing filesystem errors using e2fsck.
- Managing company’s documentation on internal share point site.
- Experience in writing bash scripts for job automation.
- Building ESXI servers with hypervisor 5.5 and deploying virtual machines.
- Taking snapshots and creating templates to build virtual machines.
- Performed VMotion and Storage-VMotion as per the environment requirement based on the resources.
- Building, installing, configuring and maintaining VMware ESXi hosts.
- Applying patches on ESXi servers, monitoring, analyzing and fine-tuning ESXi hosts with vendor assistance.
- Vmotion virtual machines between clusters as needed .
Confidential, Lockport, NY
Linux Operations Support
- Used YUM Software manager for installing and configuring the RPM Packages. (RHEL 6)
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system login, network plunging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, user and group quota.
- Installing and partitioning disk drives. Creating, mounting and maintaining file systems to ensure access to system, application and user data.
- Monitored the health of the servers, Operating system, database and the network.
- Maintaining appropriate file and system security, monitoring and controlling system access, changing permission, ownership of files and directories, maintaining passwords, assigning special privileges to selected users and controlling file access.
- Installed and maintained several Linux servers on a virtual environment
- Resolving system errors and crashes, huge file sizes, file system full errors.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet in Linux.
- Monitoring system performance and check the status of the system using utilities such as SAR, TOP, VMSTAT, IOSTAT, NETSTAT etc.
- Troubleshoot performance related issues on RHEL Virtual and physical servers.
- Taking backup using tar and recovering during the data loss.