- Confidential is an accomplished, highly motivated, and versatile IT consultant with over 20 years of experience delivering Information Technology solutions, project management.
- While skilled at delivering Microsoft - centric, enterprise-level infrastructure solutions, he possesses the experience to manage all phases of the project delivery lifecycle, including business development, effort estimation, resource coordination, and quality assurance.
- His attention to customer satisfaction derives from his desire to understand business objectives, architect appropriate solutions, and communicate efficiently.
- Although he is a competent executive, he also possesses problem solving tenacity which allows him to span the technical and management realms.
- He has participated on numerous projects, varying from concurrent small efforts to global, multi-site implementations.
- His customers have been from a broad range including Mining, State Govt, Media, Manufacturing, and Health Care industries.
- He is a capable mentor and has participated in team building, and career management programs.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/R2
- Windows 7/10
- Active Directory / DNS Design
- Site to Site Virtual Private Networks
- Microsoft Automated Deployment Services
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Cloud Solutions
- Active Directory
- Group Policy design and implementation
- Routing and Remote Access solutions (VPN)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Technologies
- Networking Designs
- Computer Security
Manager Infrastructure Solutions
- As a manager for Infrastructures Solutions with Confidential engaged with customers to understand business challenges, propose and design solutions, and provide technical leadership for delivery teams throughout project execution as well as individual career and goals for engineers on my team.
- Working on a team as the Technical Lead we are architecting and implementing Host Guardian Service and Shielded VM’s to the companies Tier 0 Admins. We are architecting a clean room project using Azure to host the applications for a global workforce.
- State University. I was tasked with designing, testing and implementing a new PKI solution using Microsoft technologies. I designed a two tier PKI with internet facing OCSP. The design will initially support SCCM authentication and the provide capability for email encryption, EFS and other based solutions.
- Large Media Company. As the Active Directory Architect I was onsite to design a new secure Active Directory forest/domain and establish the environment for migration from their existing Active Directory into the new forest. Secure Group policies and Access Models were developed to limit lateral movement by admins. I worked closely with their InfoSec department to implement new security controls and ensure the new Active Directory fulfilled their standards.
- Large Public Mining Company - Global Operations lead for Servers. For 5 years the role was responsible for maintaining SLA’s for the global Windows Server environment. I managed an offshore team of 20 engineers to provide 16x5 support for global environment. Over the 5 years the team never missed an SLA for uptime, patching or availability. I managed the Active Directory, VMware environments, 1700 windows servers and server environments globally. Working closely with other teams including Service management, Security, Network Operations on projects and to implement new technologies and improves business processes.
- Large Healthcare Provider - Architect for Single Sign On solution. As the architect for the solution I was responsible for gathering requirements, planning and implementation. I had to work with networking and security teams to coordinate the redundant ADFS solution and implement the SSO to the vendor. I then provided detailed documentation and so they could continue to add additional SSO providers.
Senior Network Administrator
- Reporting to the CIO, the Senior Network Administrator is primarily responsible for managing the entire infrastructure for the Agency including all day to day operations including strategy assisting with budgeting, vendor assessments, network and firewall maintenance.
- Provide planning, design and coordinating the various components of the enterprise network system
- Consult with users and program management to conduct information assessments to develop IT requirements.
- Design and implement an enterprise environment with appropriate hardware and operating systems.
- Write and maintain documentation and operational procedures.
- Implemented Desktop/Laptop Encryption.
- Performed Agency Upgraded of Desktops/laptops to Windows 7.
- Evaluate and recommend network software and hardware.
- Evaluating and implementation of a Disaster Recovery Solution.
- Implemented SEIM (Security Event and Incident Management) Appliance from Nitro Security.
- Implemented Hyper-V environment to migrated applications from End of life hardware.
- Migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and planning for Exchange 2010 migration.
- Participated with GITA to develop the State of AZ Statewide 2011 Strategic IT Plan.
- Participated with other Agency CIO’s in SaaS pilot for Hosted Google Docs and Exchange Online.
- Performed initial assessment and pre-sales activities to determine Active Directory and Exchange Migration scope and approach which lead to winning opportunity to perform the migration work for over 10,000 users.
- During the project I was responsible for overall technical delivery of Active Directory, Exchange 2007. Developed initial budget and estimate for 10 month project and managed 5-10 consultants.
- Ensurde technical integration and consistency between the Active Directory and Exchange 2007 implementation and migration. Project technical liaison to internal technology groups (e.g., Network, Help Desk, Desktop and Security).Installed and racked servers. Used SharePoint to track and maintain project documentation and project plans. Provided to Help Desk for Day 1 support of Migration Issues. Migrated 800 Production Servers to new Active Directory domain
- Project Manager and Lead Architect for 8 month project to migration organization from Novell and GroupWise to Active Directory and Exchange 2007. Managed 4 consultants to provide a new Microsoft based environment consisting of Active Directory, File and Print Clusters, Exchange 2007and SMS 2003. Setup Sharepoint 2005 server to hold and track all project activities.
- Supervised day to day activities which included managing work streams, migration scheduling, client communications and work plan management, Hardware installation and configuration of HP Blade servers and SAN installation. Lead technical design reviews with key customer IT staff. Worked with internal Help Desk Support to provide Day 1 support for migrated users.
- Designed and implemented a light touch desktop deployment solution using Windows PE that included remote installation technologies and utilized SMS and Active Directory profiles to deliver job specific software to each workstation. The effort covered remote offices and retail bank branches for over 5000 employees utilizing deployment teams. Worked directly with end users to provide day 1, Day 2 support for migrated users
- Within the Microsoft Systems Architecture (MSA) project to provide guidance around a remote access solution that details an implementation for Client VPN access and Site-to-Site access using IPSec, Radius and PKI architecture.
- Assumed additional roles to support the ISA Firewall Server architecture, Cisco architecture and Networking and Security architecture. Took on extended roles to provide extensive lead support for the testing lab environment.
- This support included working closely with the testing teams and Microsoft development architects to build document and validate all of the services including Partner support and integration.