Analytically minded information technology professional with 15 years of experience focusing on troubleshooting, installation, support and administration.
Operating Systems: Linux (Amazon Linux 1 & 2 / Red Hat / Ubuntu / CentOS) | Windows (10 / Server)
Cloud: AWS | Azure
Servers: NGINX | IIS | Microsoft SQL Server | MongoDB
Applications: Wireshark / TCPDump | Open VPN | Puppet | Git | Nagios | Graylog | Jira
Networking / Protocols: DNS | TCP/IP | FTP | SSH | HTTP(s) | DHCP | WLAN | SMB | SIP
Virtualization: VMWare | HyperV | Docker
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Diagnosed and corrected problems with proprietary software, and contributed to problem resolution on the Medallion project.
- Deployed proprietary software to complex cruise ship environments with considerations of network requirements.
- Validated, maintained and troubleshot on - shore test systems consisting of Bluetooth, NFC and software.
- Preformed quality assurance testing of mobile application on Android and iOS devices.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
- Administered 417 production AWS EC2 and MongoDB cloud server instances across the world. Ensuring 99.9% uptime.
- Lead project for the upgrade of Puppet modules to utilize Amazon Linux 2 with a focus on updating services from init to systemd.
- Utilized Python and Go Scripting to create custom Nagios Checks for server monitoring of KPIs such as disk, CPU and memory utilization.
- This led to an increased efficiency in root cause analysis and resolution.
- Produced Python and BASH scripting to create custom AWS S3 tools and processes for verification of production backups.
- Which allowed for disaster mitigation and improved disaster recovery time.
- Improved web facing security by creating a Python / Flask web app to ease the removal of terminated users.
- Created custom puppet modules for the deployment of AWS Cloud Instances.
- Decreasing the manual effort and time required for new instances.
Software Support Engineer
- Acted as support for Business based IoT Software ensuring efficient resolution to client issues.
- Reduced client contact by creating detailed training documents to be disturbed via our documentation portal.
- Automated troubleshooting by utilizing Python coding to create tools to locate known issues.
- Worked directly with field engineering on proof of concepts for multimillion - dollar contracts.
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sr. Systems Engineer Lead
- Implemented and assisted in the design of production Azure cloud architecture consisting of load balancers along with site to site VPNs.
- Lead International team of 5 Senior System Engineers, and 8 System Engineers providing a management escalation point along with a plan of implementation for each project.
- Automated Azure Cloud Infrastructure Deployment by creating PowerShell scripts to install and configure servers, software and network appliances.
- Worked directly with the development team to create the Infrastructure needed for Proof of Concept / Testing builds of new software.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise, CENTOS, and Ubuntu Flavors of Linux.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Integrated Windows servers into 5000+ client Enterprise level networks consisting of VLAN, VRF and DMZ.
- Acted as the Technical lead while on the client site providing support and plan of implementation.
- Automated Server Deployment by creating PowerShell scripts to install and configure servers.
- Created Azure Cloud Deployments utilizing PowerShell.
- Trained on - site staff on basic troubleshooting, and usage of proprietary software.
- Mentored Systems Engineers by providing additional technical expertise and suggestions on topics they may improve on.
- Provided Ongoing office trainings on topics ranging from PowerShell to Analyzing REST API calls. Increasing the System Engineering teams ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues while on site.
- Wrote a Python Module for Raspberry PI hardware to create a custom troubleshooting toolkit for my department
- Installed and configured Microsoft Windows and SQL Server 2012 R2
- Planned and implemented integration of server hardware and software into client networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues making use of the OSI model.
- Configured Hyper - V and installed virtualized Server 2012 R2 and CentOS 6.2
- Configured IIS 8.5 utilizing sites, virtual directories and application pools for use with a .NET application.
- Created system documentation consisting of security roles, network topology, hardware specifications and rack diagrams.
- Performed Quality assurance on proprietary software, notating software bugs and relaying this information to development.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
Infrastructure Management Analyst
- Provide updates, hardware repair and software support to a domain of workstations across 6 call centers.
- Assisted 900 domain users in a high need, rapid change corporate pharmaceutical environment via the Service Desk help desk ticketing application.
- Planned, implemented and executed site project to upgrade hardware and software from Windows XP to Windows 7. Project was completed early and under budget.
- Setup and utilized Microsoft Deployment Toolkit to customize, update, and automate Microsoft Windows XP and 7 deployments.
- Created custom tools utilizing WMI and PowerShell to provide real - time statistics on machines such as Logged on user, last boot time, and IP addresses.
- Applied PowerShell scripting to execute remote administration tasks that consist of remote software installs, registry changes, remote software uninstalls, group policy/Active Directory changes including stop-gap patches to reduce business downtime.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
Technical Support Supervisor
- Directed a team of 12 engineers with troubleshooting and resolution of customer issues on Apache, IIS and Microsoft Exchange Servers.
- Utilized BMC Remedy to respond and update VIP users with their issues.
- Defused irate customers via telephone and email.
- Monitored Call Queues to ensure proper coverage