An IT, solution oriented, hardworking, focused, professional with 7+ years of extensive experience in systems support, IT management, cloud computing, network support, virtualization, system administration, server, software and applications, hardware repairs and upgrades, as well as highly familiar with many other areas. Seeking a challenging position with a dynamic organization to contribute relevant skills and expertise. Certified Microsoft Solutions Expert.
- Able to adjust and adapt to any multi work force environment.
- A fast and smart learner with keen perception
- Capable of multi - tasking responsibilities
- Highly motivated team player and leader
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills
- Multi-talented with all-round troubleshooting and technical skills
- Excellent client facing skills, natural problem solving and analytical skills.
- Windows Server 2003/2008/R2/2012/R2/2016
- PC & Mac Hardware repairs and upgrades
- Project Management
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10,
- AWS, Azure
- Veaam Backup & Replication
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Hyper - V Virtualization
- Scrum/Agile & Waterfall methods
- VMware Vsphere virtualization
- LAN and WAN
- Multiple ticketing systems
- Administering/provisioning Active Directory, GPO s, OU s, Templates, Domains, Sites
- PC & Mac Software repairs and upgrades.
- Storage- SAN and NAS
- Administering and configuring firewall appliances
- ITIL Processes
- Anti-virus setup and installations
- Security Groups, Distribution Groups
- Virus/Malware removal
- Disaster Recovery
- Administering Microsoft Exchange Server & Office 365 Exchange
- Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM)
- Security groups, Distribution groups
- Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
IT Operations and Maintenance System Administrator
Confidential, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Worked directly as a badged contractor for the United States Government Food and Drug Administration (USFDA)
- IT Lead on the RMST (Risk Modeling Simulation Tool) project at the Confidential Office of Science Center for Tobacco Products
- Instrumental in creating and editing the RMST technical user manual
- Installed and managed production, pre-production, testing, and development environments within the USFDA environment following ITIL processes and procedures
- Utilized ServiceNow to create change requests and for incidence management
- Created and maintained version design documents, standard operating procedures, and target state diagrams
Lead IT System Administrator
Confidential, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Supported, managed, monitored, and maintained internal IT infrastructure for on prem (Hyper-V) and cloud (AWS and Azure)
- Project and technical manager for consolidation of multiple domains into one domain
- Domain administrator over the company domain
- Administered Symantec Endpoint Protection manager and setup to sync with Active Directory OUs (Organizational Units)
- Active Directory provisioning and GPO configuration
- Setup, administered, and supported many windows server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016 machines
- Configured TCP/ IP protocols such as DNS, DHCP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP/S
- Configuration of firewalls and VPNs
- Appointed SQA (Software Quality Assurance) lead in the PointCross American office
- Lead and completed questionnaires and audits to reach compliancy
- Setup, configured, and administered virtual machines in Microsoft Hyper-V
- Office 365, Azure, and AWS administrator
- Provided on-site technical support for troubleshooting laptops, routers, printers, desktops, switches, and servers.
- Proactively monitored, maintained and troubleshoot server and network equipment in a data center located in the Washington, DC area
- Worked with IT leadership to assess, improve, and establish IT processes and policies
- Lead IT initiatives to assess and implement new technologies
- Support Quality Control for on-site audits
- Learned, utilized, and supported PointCross’ proprietary technical tools and products
Director of Information Technology
Confidential, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- In charge of all aspects of IT infrastructure management, control, and implementation including Network LAN, WAN, Data Centers, telecommunications, various third party applications, database management, and IT help desk.
- Evaluated business requirements, objectives, and goals, researching products available and designating procedures to best meet those needs.
- Planned and managed all aspects of IT infrastructure merge (server hardware, switches, software s, AD, O365 to on premises Exchange, etc.) project during acquisition of McArdle Printing Company (a subsidiary company of BBNA Bloomberg Bureau of National Affairs) by Corporate Press ( Confidential ).
- Executed merger of 2 different IT infrastructures of 2 different entities into one wholistic network successfully with very minimal downtime.
- Drastically decreased IT spending whilst driving innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Managed and supervised contractors hired by me to assist with IT operations such as telecom, application, and systems and servers.
- Created and maintained technical standard operating procedures for the company.
- Created a computer system guide for the company to be given to new employees.
- Point of contact for all vendors associated with anything IT.
- Kept track of and renew all licenses required for IT operations.
- Underwent security audit and completed recommendations laid out in the audit to reach compliancy.
- Drastically reduced downtime to have an up - time of 99%.
- Developed IT standards and policies designed to streamline desktop and software support.
- Identified and eliminated underused and unnecessary machines, servers, network hardware resulting in operating expense savings.
- Maintained awareness of changing IT trends and regulations which might impact the company and takes corrective action as required.
Sr. System Administrator/Lead Windows System Engineer
Confidential, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- Project Manager for creating and establishing a helpdesk ticketing system from ground up using Spiceworks ticketing system and utilizing that system.
- Efficiently provided hardware and software support for an end user base of 150+ users.
- Setup network monitoring for multiple machines and network devices via Spiceworks network monitoring tool.
- Administered, configured, and maintained GPOs (group policy objects) in the company.
- Responsible for up time of all IT infrastructure in the company.
- Built site to site VPN’s
- Utilized Veeam local Backup and Replication software as well as offsite backup for backup redundancy.
- Deployed a centralized log server using an open source log management tool named Graylog.
- Documented changes to the environment and infrastructure.
- Setup, administered, and supported many windows server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2 machines
- Setup, administered, and supported multiple virtual machines in VMware Vsphere Client/Vcenter.
- Administered Nimble SAN.
- Administered HP PROLIANT servers.
- Maintain and setup users in Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM).
- Setup and administered Dell, HP, and Cisco switches.
- Configured printers on print servers.
- Managed WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) server for patching and updating computer systems.
- Managed and administered Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Administered Avaya phone system.
- Firewall Configuration.
- Configured TCP/ IP protocols like DNS, DHCP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP/S
Senior Field IT Specialist
Confidential, Beltsville, Maryland
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting services to end-users who needed assistance with their computer hardware and software.
- Served as the senior Field IT Specialist Manager/trainee for junior employees and interns.
- Supervised new employees
- Helpdesk support role
- Assisted multiple small businesses and residential clients with system, network, printer, and help desk support.
- Setup, administer, and support servers and AD.
- Setup, administer, and support multiple (guest) OS’ in Hyper-V as well as the host OS.
- Performed data recovery on hard disk drives that crashed.
- Setup of file servers.
- Efficiently interacted with clients and built a strong clientele.
- Visited residential and commercial clients to offer quick, reliable, onsite support. Also performed repairs and troubleshooting via remoting in.
- Worked hand in hand with the owner of the company to coordinate appointments as well as order parts from vendors for the clients.
- Ran day to day operations of the business alongside business owner.
- Successfully built networks from the ground up for multiple businesses.
- Setup of Outlook and Office 365 with email addresses.
- Provided 24/7 on-call IT services to my clients.
- Virus and malware removals from PC’s as well as Mac’s
- Troubleshoot and repair PC’s as well as Apple Mac computers.