- UNIX/LINUX/WINDOWS System Administrator with over 5 years of experience in a multi - platform Server builds on VMware, with hands-on experience in the administration and management of Windows Server 2008, UNIX (Solaris 10), LINUX (Centos 6.4/7); RHEL 6.4/7 and windows (7,8 and 10).
- Highly skilled at troubleshooting and fixing network connectivity related issues.
- Highly motivated and driven, possessing outstanding interpersonal, technical and communication skills.
- Adaptable, collaborative, strong team player, detail oriented, ability to multitasking and work within strict deadlines with a wide spectrum of people; Project leader experience.
- Solid background in systems and software installation, user and group administration role base access control.
- Competent in File System, Volume and Storage Management.
- System/Software Installations
- File and Transfer/Sharing
- System Maintenance
- File System
- VMware Exsi6
- Volume/storage management
- Basic SElinux Management
- User/Group Administration
- Raid Configuration
- Active directory
- Solaris Virtualization/Zones
- Apache (HTTP)
Platforms/OS: Oracle Solaris (x86) 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4/7, Centos 6.4/7 Windows Server 2007/2008/2010
Software: VMware vSphere Virtualization (ESXi 6, VirtualBox Hypervisor), Microsoft Office, WinSCP, PUTTY, Team Viewer.
Networking Protocols/tools: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ICMP (PING), Ethernet, NAT, Netstat,, SCP, SFTP, FTP, SSH, CIFS, ARP, APACHE (HTTP), Jumpstart, kickstart, Solaris Virtualization (Zones)
Access Security Protocols: SElinux
Volume/Storage Technology: SVM, LVM, ZFS
Languages: Bash Shell Scripting
Confidential, Mesa, Arizona
Unix System Administrator
- Support trouble-shooting client issues with high level data analysis and project review.
- Assist in support hours of operation and off hour production emergencies.
- Perform level of effort estimates for assigned tasks and change orders.
- Identify root causes of technical issues in production and out of box failures.
- Develop code updates to fix reported defects.
- Provide detailed information with Tier 1 clients as required.
- Implement best production support programming practices
- Engage in internal issues review and client calls.
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
UNIX/Linux System Administrator
- Builds, installs, configure brand new virtual and physical servers, test, deploy Solaris 10 RHEL/CentOS 6.4 and windows 7,8,10 virtual servers on Oracle Virtualbox and VMware Esxi 6 using VMware Player or vSphere hosted hypervisor
- Create new user accounts and profiles on Windows NOS, UNIX and LINUX systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve OS, application, malware desktop related issues on various Windows NOS.
- Experienced with Standard and Advanced servers’ installation and configuration (JUMPSTART and KICKSTART
- Use “dcpromo” tool to configure DNS, Active Directory as well as to promote standard Windows 2008 servers to domain controllers.
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS and Samba Servers in multiplatform LAN
- Configured Active Directory on Windows 2008 server and Remote Desktop Access on windows 7,8,10.
- Responsible for assigning hostnames, default gateway, static and DNS address to servers in order to Introduce UNIX/Linux servers to the LAN.
- Configured A-records, created and managed users and groups on Active Directory, Solaris and RHEL/CentOS servers
- Setup, configured and troubleshoot TCP/IP related issues.
- Increased end-user productivity by immediately troubleshooting and fixing system issues emanating from hardware and software.
- Experience in building and configuring VMware host and guess system on Oracle Virtual Box as well as bridging the guess VMware systems to communicate with another physical LAN
- Configured file and print sharing then mapped shares to drive letters.
- Troubleshoot and fix system issues using built in windows troubleshoot application.
- Installed antivirus applications, uninstalled obsolete applications, and deleted system junk files.
- Configure Windows NOS clients to join the domain as well as configure file and print sharing on some Windows NOS to enable resource sharing.
- Fix virtual box issues and enable virtualization
- Perform multiplatform volume management using SVM, LVM, ZFS, and VERITAS volume manager; install and configure a LAN wide NAS (Free NAS) used for creating LUNs and attaching to windows 2008 servers and to Solaris 10 servers using iSCSi
- Understand cloud concepts and able to create an AWS free tier account: Involved in setting up a hybrid cloud environment and expanding the local LAN to the AWS cloud. Responsible for spinning up AWS RHEL8 and Windows Server 2019 EC2 instances
- Expand root file system server using “live upgrade”
- Expand users home directory (/export/home) on Solaris using SVM
- Supporting system users and troubleshooting system issues. Document solutions for future s
- Experienced with DevOps system deployment (NAGIOS and ANSIBLE) in Linux and Unix
- Build and Configure Apache HTTP to host static websites and applications in Unix and Linux
- Experience with crash management in Linux/Unix
- Provide 24/7 support in Production Testing and Development environments.
- Responsible for data management using native Solaris utilities for archiving, compression backup and restore.
- Install and configure a samba server on a Solaris 10 and mapping to the windows 2008 server
- Configure password authentication (single sign on) using LDAP; IPA server service
- Responsible for User, Security and Package management in Unix and Linux
- Hardening, Patching (Solaris 10 Servers using 10-Recommanded patches) and upgrade (release) on standalone servers using single user mode.
- Capture and analyze Solaris 10 traffic with SNOOP command (Unix); then Centos traffic with TCDUMP command (Linux).
- Managing swap configuration
- Shell scripting (bash) to schedule and automate processes including full and incremental backups using tar and ufsdump.
- Responsible for root password reset in Linux and Unix
- Hands-on experience with ticketing tools such as Remedy, BMC service desk express