IT Senior Systems Engineer with extensive experience in server and network systems engineering, system administration, support, and design within the telecommunications and IT industries. Proven abilities in network communication concepts, principles and architecture associated with network planning, integration and maintenance. Expertise in end - to-end knowledge of network transport and IT systems technologies for continuous improvement and cost reduction. Demonstrated success in negotiating win-win compromises, developing and implementing technical solutions, and approaching challenges with tenacity. Excellent consultative communication style, with diverse team collaboration skills across all organizational levels and works well autonomously and in a team.
Protocols: Active Directory, ASP, Bourne Shell, C Shell, DHCP, DNS, HTML, IIS, Java, Korn Shell, LAN/WAN, LDAP, PL/SQL, RAID, Shell Scripting, SNMP, SQL, SSL, TCP/IP, Visual Basic, VPN, Windows Scripting Host
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 9i/10g/11g RDBMS
Tools: /Suites: AccessData FTK, BMC Patrol, Dameware, EnCase, Legato Networker, Microsoft Excel / PowerPoint / SMS / Visio / Word / SharePoint / WSUS, Oracle Client, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Toad, Veritas NetBackup, Process Explorer, Process Monitor, Sysinternals
Environment: Apache, CentOS, Cisco IOS, Cisco NX: OS, Cisco Routers / Switches / FEXs, Citrix / XenApp / MetaFrame /StoreFront / Delivery Controllers / Machine Catalogs, CyberTrust, DELL, EMC, HP, IBM, MacOS, Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/ R2, Novell NetWare, Oracle SUN Solaris, Red Hat Linux, RSA SecurID, SAN, UNIX, VeriSign, VMware VSphere ESXi 5.x/6.x, WebLogic
Applications: Crystal Enterprise, Deltek CostPoint, IBM Business Intelligence, IBM Cognos, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, SAP Business Objects
Lead Citrix Engineer
- Duties involve designing, implementing, and migrating to XenApp 7.6-7.1x LTSR / StoreFront for Commerce Business Systems.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of XenApp production and testing environments, including managing the XenApp VMware environment and building and maintaining ESXi hosts, Citrix/XenApp/Windows VMs, templates, and datastores.
- Also managing Cisco Catalyst & Nexus switches in a datacenter.
- Recently engineered and migrated to a Cisco Virtual Port Channel (vPC) environment utilizing Nexus 5600 Platform 40-Gbps Switches & 2000 Series Fabric Extenders.
- Worked closely with operations and development teams to support the creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), test strategies, and plans.
- Supported technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for all systems within scope.
- Participated in technical working groups consisting of government stakeholders and other groups designed to facilitate collaboration and technical concurrence of requirements.
- Provisioned, managed, and monitored XenApp 7.6 StoreFronts, delivery controllers, machine catalogs, delivery catalog pools, licensing, and application publishing.
- Performed proactive management of systems and supported quality assurance activities.
- Assisted in developing test plans, conducting system tests, documenting and analyzing performance data, and reporting results to support development of the production architecture.
Confidential, Silver Spring & Hanover, MD
Lead Senior Systems Engineer, Federal Systems Support
- Sr. Citrix Architect / Administrator (Infrastructure) / System Administrator / Windows Engineer.
- 15+ years of experience in thin-client server architecture (Development/Test/Production) / Windows administration / Citrix administration / Technical support.
- Extensive experience with Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0/4.5 and Citrix XenApp 5.0/6.0/6.5 for multiple applications and published desktops for over 600 users.
- Played a pivotal role by introducing Citrix environment as a solution to host a standalone billing and provisioning telecommunication system for federal agencies.
- Responsible for the migration of Citrix servers from XP to 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 farms and from 5.0 farms to XenApp 6.x.
- Played the role of Tier 3 / Level 3 administrator for the entire Citrix infrastructure (Development/Test/Production) consisting of 25 farms with 200 servers on both physical and virtual platforms across the US supporting over 600 users for business critical applications.
- Played a major role in redesigning Citrix architectures for improved performance as well as designing new farms for better application virtualization.
- Expertise in configuring printers for Citrix in LAN/WAN environments through Citrix policies.
- Adept at installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Citrix Secure Gateway with a good knowledge of NetScaler appliances.
- Ensured network reliability by determining network problems and network bottlenecks, coordinated with current and future project design teams and implemented major and minor network changes and additions.
- Extensively worked in Windows Active Directory (AD) environments from design to setup with architecture, maintenance, technical writing, documentation, security assessments, vulnerability assessments and other related activities.
- Possess in depth knowledge of Terminal Services, GPOs, IIS, DHCP, DNS.
- Deployed server and workstation service pack and hot fix updates / patches using Microsoft WSUS.
- Familiar with SAN systems such as NetApp and EMC storage.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco 2500 routers configuring ACLs, routing, firewall settings, managed routing tables and Cisco 6500/4000/2900 switches for VLAN configuration.
- Directed technical professionals in the deployment and development of Microsoft Windows, Citrix, & UNIX information systems.
- Repeatedly recognized by management and clients for being resourceful in reducing costs, for exceeding expectations, and for accepting difficult challenges.
- Familiar with NetScaler/CAG (Citrix Access Gateway) from an end-user perspective involved with troubleshooting technical connectivity issues.
Confidential, Baltimore & Beltsville, MD
Network Analyst/Administrator, LAN & Desktop Support
- Configured, installed, and deployed over 40 HP NetServers consisting of NT 3.51, NT 4.0, and NetWare 3.x/4.x.
- Managed a team of 5 network administrators in the daily operation of a 1000 user network consisting of NT servers/workstations, Windows 95, and email servers.
- Led redesign of LAN infrastructure to integrate disparate environments into corporate WAN.
- Coordinated LAN/WAN connectivity installations and resolved technical issues for a 4-building complex resulting in a more reliable network infrastructure.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
UNIX Systems Administrator/Systems Analyst, Distributed Systems
- Provided remote help desk support, for approximately 2,300 seats located throughout a seven state region, in a client/server distributed processing environment, including: SunOS, Solaris 2.2, Sun SPARCsystem 670 and SPARCserver 1000 servers, Sun IPX workstations, Tektronix Xterminals, Bay Networks routers, and Synoptics concentrators.