- Systems Security Engineer at a healthcare denials firm, consistently recognized for adaptive thinking, successful protection implementations and event analysis skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new technology; equally successful in both team and self - directed settings; proficient in a range of computer operating systems, networking concepts and equipment, and security methodologies.
- 8+ years of job experience in an enterprise environment, and a bachelors from a school with a strong academic foundation in IT.
OS: Windows Server 2003 through 2016, Windows XP through 10, UNIX/Linux (RHEL and Debian)
Powershell, AD, VMware/vSphere, Hyper: V, ManageEngine, Unitrends, Nessus, Office365/Azure, Multiple AV (Kaspersky, Sentinel One, Window Defender Advanced), Splunk. Dell Servers (Multiple versions), Dell Storage Arrays (Compellent and Powervault), Dell Networking (Switches ranging from N-Series up to OS10E series switches), Juniper Networking, Firewalls (SRX, Sonicwall, Netgate pfSense, Palo Alto), APC UPS.
Confidential, Timonium, MD
Systems Security Engineer
- Primary Engineer for all network security tasks and projects, such as Firewall configuration and management, Log review and event response, IDPS tuning, Office365/Azure web security (e-mail, encryption, all relevant threat management policies).
- Additionally, Primary Administrator of many different systems/services, including VM Backup (Unitrends + Storage Array), AD, Apache, SFTP automation, File Archival, Server/Hardware updates and maintenance.
- Migrated the organization to Office365 for e-mail including implementing all relevant threat policies and OME (Office Message Encryption). Assisted with preparing the organization for SOC2 Type 1 and 2 compliance by performing quarterly internal security audits using Nessus, preparing recommended fixes and applying those changes.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Information Systems Auditor
- Reviewed active IT and business policies in relation to the process of personable identifiable information (PII).
- Making procedural change recommendations on how to correct findings, and more securely protect PII. Worked with many different IT infrastructures and IT shops, allowing for security research into a variety of systems and devices.
- Discovered multiple issues with security postures of the Maryland Department of Licensing, Labor and Regulation, such as, Local admin rights granted to non-IT personnel without appropriately documented reasons, workstations that were not being kept up to date with the latest patches, and a domain wide password policy that would allow for extremely simple and easy to break passwords to be used by all users.
Confidential, Timonium, MD
Computer System’s Analyst
- Handled technical configuration/troubleshooting within an enterprise environment in many areas, including network outages, drive and printer mapping, Active Directory configuration, and workstation reimaging.
- Engaged and tracked urgent issues, with responsibility for the timely documentation, escalation (if appropriate), resolution and closure of trouble tickets. Diagnosis/maintenance of workstations, and peripherals such as MFPs, printers, projectors, etc.
- Successfully supervised, planned, and managed a project to update approximately 1500 remote PCs to Windows 10 from Windows 7.
- I supervised a team of multiple interns that were instructed and assisted by me in upgrading the remote computer.
- I was involved in every level from scheduling, from teaching them to upgrade the computers, to advancing their ability to troubleshoot Windows related issues.
- Overall, the project was a complete success with only a handful of computers lost to upgrade issues.