- Senior Systems Engineer with more than 15 years of experience leading and supporting the design, installation, and administration of enterprise technology architectures.
- Works with senior engineering personnel and executives to identify and implement improvements to large - scale engineered platforms.
- Provides end-to-end technical skill sets during the rollout of operational strategies to increase systems performance, security, and manageability.
- Professional strengths include excellent problem resolution skills, a customer-focused work ethic, and active participation in and leadership of technical teams.
- Performed numerous Active Directory Forest and Domain migrations and functional level uplifts as well as Schema modifications.
- Upgraded older Nortel phone and voicemail switches to install Call Pilot Desktop Messaging.
- Planned and executed ADFS 2.0 migration to ADFS 3.0 with Disaster Recovery and mirrored SQL in separate data center.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Server 2003 - Server 2012 R2
ADMINISTRATIVE APPLICATIONS: AGPM, PKI/SSL s, System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory, Quest Active Administrator, Quest Password Manager, Quest Forect recovery, ADFS 2.0 - 3.0, Powershell, Infoblox
PROTOCOLS: DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP
- Planning and testing Identity and Access Management principles and systems on an Enterprise scale.
- Active Directory, Enterprise directory, DNS, DHCP, AD LDS, FIM, OIM, Windows, Virtual Directories, Federated systems, gateway technologies..
- Conduct stakeholder engagements, gather requirements, and translate to functional and design specifications for solutions.
- Provides network tier 0/1 POC and problem resolution services for all AOR post/camp/station (PCS) and provide all information related to reliability and availability of all resources.
- Provides operational status data used in the development of a theater level Network Common Relevant Operational Picture (NETCROP) and provides SWACC with regional operations capabilities.
- Provides troubleshooting support for critical core Active Directory (AD) and ADFS servers in support of the SWACC O&M responsibilities.
- Maintain installations of critical Enterprise Servers and Applications as well as ensure minimal downtime and quicker Mean-Time to Resolve (MTTR).
Active Directory Architect
- Drive cleanup and architecture of Active Directory and associated services such as DNS, DHCP and group policy
- Assist with migration of Exchange on premises to O365 hosted services
- Document Active Directory road-map
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Microsoft System Engineer
- Engineer Active Directory, and ADFS services supporting 14,000 global users in six domains and seven production and development Forests.
- Analyze, review, and enhance existing systems to increase performance, while adapting technology to new operational requirements.
- Establish strategies and action plans to handle network operations risk mitigation, ensuring that all information management and access resources were configured according to business needs.
Microsoft System Engineer
- Manage access control, network and device security, and implementation of security management practices such as policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct system programming, testing, implementation, and support to ensure the integrity and security of systems and data; train users in the proper use and management of technology assets.
Confidential, Richmond, CA
Senior Systems Engineer
- Developed and implemented enterprise network infrastructures; analyzed existing systems and integrated new architectures based on business needs.
- Planned projects and guided all project participants and stakeholders throughout business technology initiatives; managed all phases of technology project lifecycles.
- Collaborated with customers to assess business needs and communicated requirements to internal groups responsible for development, testing, and other technical deliverables; ensured that all development efforts aligned with customer expectations.
- Provided ongoing software, hardware, and network support on all implemented systems, including more than 7,500 user accounts, 30 DNS zones with 10,000 DNS records; managed technical support resources responsible for meeting service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Interacted with third-party hardware and software vendors; negotiated new purchases, maintenance contracts, and upgrades.
Network & System Engineer | Consultant
- Managed all aspects of network design, implementation, administration, and support processes to ensure the availability, operability, and stability of technology assets.
- Researched and recommended new technologies to achieve improved architectural performance while controlling and reducing the costs of IT operations across the entire business enterprise.
- Engaged and managed strong business relationships with stakeholders to ensure high levels of service, response, and the overall success of business and technical strategies.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Technical Services Field Analyst
- Oversaw and supported new infrastructure projects, performing technical management of Confidential field offices; conducted system migrations, installations, and new office expansions and buildouts.