Experienced System Administrator/Analyst with over 20 years of extensive server, network, and database administration skills as well as programming and development experience. A tenured manager with over 9 years of experience leading and directing technical teams, who is able to lead a task and project through the full - lifecycle.
- SQL Server 2000,2005,2008,2012,2016
- Visual Basic
- Visual Basic.Net
- Windows 2000 server
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 2012 Server
- Windows 2016 Server
- Windows NT
- SonicWALL firewall
- Linux (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu)
- English (Fluent - Wide Knowledge)
- Spanish (Fluent - Full Knowledge)
Lead Systems Admin/System Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion according to all HIPAA legislation and regulations, made changes to IT infrastructure to make sure that comply with HIPAA/SOC controls and requirements.
- HITRUST audit preparation and remediation. Took HITRUST framework and made changes to network environment, servers and create policies to make sure that the company is compliant with it.
- Monitor and Ensure Network Security and Reliability. Installed and setup SonicWALL firewall/router with security IPS/IDS.
- Monitor and maintain all IT Infrastructure systems (AD, Servers, Switches, Internal Ticketing System, SharePoint, etc.). Setup and maintain Windows Active Directory environment, create sites and intra sites connection, file replication services, group policies and all services related to Active Directory administration.
- Manage Physical Access authorization to secure areas, server rooms and monitor video recording system.
- Manage troubleshooting and recovery from any internal system outage. Create backup and failover strategies with VMWare, Windows and Database(SQL,MySQL) servers to been able to easy and fast recover server where company tools and applications are running.
- Manage System Authorization changes for New Users, Transfers, and Termination to support SSAE16 Controls. Create process for user create and control management, from where the user is grant or revoke access to system and tools.
- Manage a team of junior system admins and DBA.
- Manage, setup and maintain Linux server infrastructure (CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian) where some legacy applications are still running, this includes the install of a new servers, setting up apache websites and MySQL databases.
- Created and support backup strategy, with a combination of tools, ARC Serve for tapes backups and Bacula open source backup tools to been able to run to disk backups to our cloud solutions to our facilities, then back this up to tape.
- Installed and configured IIS Server 6,6.5,7.6 and 10 from scratch, creating web sites, and the App Pools needed for applications to run. Configuring the application pools to make sure that they have the correct .NET Framework setup, setup binding to multi host website sharing and IP address. Creating Security request and submit them to a Authority to able to encrypt SSL communication to IIS Server.
- Tight security on IIS Server disabling old communication protocols and weak ciphers on the servers
- Setup Security Scans with Kali Linux and Coalfire, then fix and remediate the findings on the servers and applications (Ciphers, protocols, firewall, open ports and possible vulnerabilities)
- Manage Deployments of IT Applications’ production release to support SSAE16 and HITRUST Controls
- Manage procurement and maintenance of licensing for Desktop Computers and Servers
- Manage off the shelf software and hardware purchases and licensing and the correct disposal of old hardware.
- Analyze and Optimize existing system infrastructure, propose and make changes to improve performance and have the lowest down time possible. Work with other directors in area to make those changes.
- Assist in facilitating periodic SSAE16 audits to our current customers and partners
- Manage periodic HIPAA Audits
- Performs other duties as assigned by management or when required.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Supervised the efforts of the development team, I was responsible to initiate the change from php linux environment to Windows .NET.
- Hands-on supervisor with same duties as a Senior Developer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Lead the development and on .NET Framework
- Developed a communication engine, that exposes fax and email communications to applications through web services (SOAP and Windows Communication Foundation) that allows tracking of each communication sent.
- Developed application for creating COBRA notifications for customers, importing information from COBRA Point platform, and deliver them through fax or email. This was done using Entity Framework, WebForms 4.0 and Windows Services for background processes.
- Started the development team on Entity Framework and .NET Framework 4.0.
- Owned developed applications and gave support and maintenance as needed
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Lead the 5-person Information Technology and support department, for office located in Merida, Mexico, Yuma AZ and Plano TX.
- I was in charge of the Hardware and Network infrastructure. Setting up and maintaining SonicWall Routers and firewalls, as well as VPN connection from Offices located in Merida, Yuc., Mexico, Yuma AZ and Plano TX. Maintained all Windows Server Infrastructure, based on W2k3 and W2k8, Active directory accounts and restrictions through domain policies.
- Set Up and maintain a Email server solution based on Exchange Server, setting up servers in Yuma and Plano, with same Office Box with different mailbox locations, for fail safety a replication purposes
- Developed Web services using VB.NET and maintaining existing ones on C#, using Windows Communication Foundation with WS Binding, using SSL for communication security. Using SQL Server 2005 for storing tracking information for every activity that each call to a web service does. Web services are used to issue card for our customers and make operations on the cards, like deposit money or check the balances on them
- Developed Card managing Portal, which is a tool that our merchants used to keep track of their cards, how many have they order, the status on the activity of the card, and give their own users the ability to issue or load the cards. This tool was developed in Framework 2.0 with Visual Basic.NET and SQL server 2005 in the back, running on IIS6 on a Windows 2003 Server. We are in the process of migrating all the tool to Framework 3.5
- Developed a complete IVR (Interactive Voice Response) for Sodexho Gasoline division in Mexico City, for their cardholders can query their card balances without having to talk to a CSR (customer support representative). This was developed using PHP with EditPlus, using SOAP to access web services to query card balances. MySQL Server to store each balance that is query. This was installed on top of asterisk VoIP server running on a Linux server and dialplan as the upper level language to call php through AGI libraries.
- Develop a complete different IVR solution for Sodexho Cardholders for a Michelin Promotion. Build on top of trixbox using PHP and MySQL, customizing the way the IVR flows using dialplan calling PHP through AGI libraries.
- Setup IP Phone system that communicates Yuma, Dallas and Merida offices using IP network through asterisk technology. These included installing the servers and make the proper connections among them, using IAX protocol to optimize the bandwidth among the servers with the best voice quality.
- Setting UP VPN connection among Yuma, Dallas, and Merida offices, using SonicWALL firewalls.
- Setup hardware and software for the on -site server. Dell Blade servers running Windows 2003 Server and SBS 2008, Exchange 2007 for email communication, and SQL Server for database storage. Other servers included Linux CentOS to run asterisk server software.
- Setup and maintained the network, this includes give maintenance to the IP network, the two sonic firewall routers that we have. We have a network with two segments and two different T1 providers which act in a failover configuration on the Sonic Firewalls.
CRM Interface Programmer
Confidential, Renton, WA
- Developing interfaces for transferring information to any application in the integration hub for applications in Paccar. It was made in a Web Server which communicates with its clients through Windows Communications Foundation, for a secure approach in the data transfer and the ability to expand the service from http to a pipe or whatever communication need. This was made through the Factory Provider method so it can be changed in the future without original programmer intervention. Then, I created a class that generates and xml file each time and account or object is updated in Microsoft CRM and puts it on a determinate location. This was made using C#, WCF, MCRM SDk.
- Project was lead as an agile project.
Technical Team Leader
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Leading the transition and support process for AMS applications from TATA to Confidential . Leading the Knowledge transfer process, delegating tasks. Developing Transfer Plans for the Knowledge transfer process and tracking the advance on each one of them. Taking the support process and leading the support team and the process to fix bugs and make authorized enhancements to the applications that conforms AMS applications. This involve the management of the entire support process, from the Knowledge transfer from the other company to control the entire bug, enhancements, from developing, staging, to the production environment.
Senior Consultant, Trainer
- Developed an application for managing a small fleet of ships in their fishing trips in Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico. The app assigns each boat a budget and kept track of every expense and income each of the ship’s trips had. This was developed completely in Visual FoxPro 9.0 per requirement of the customer
- Developed a module that can pull the data from any Time Checking Device. I designed this module to use an Interface, which was designed using Visio, using OOD approach. All the libraries that are responsible for getting the data from the clocks devices, must implement the interface, so when the class in charge of the polling receives the class that has the communication information, the method to poll the information was the same regarding of the clock or device type.
- After the design of this Interface, I used Visual Studio 2005 in C# language, and the class to pull information from a Hand punch device, which implements the Interface defined previously. Most of the class diagrams were designed in Visio.
- After polling the station, the polling class downloaded all the information and save it on designed database, which could be any one in between SQL Server, Access, MySQL, Oracle and SQLite embedded.
- I was in charge of control system in regional package and Delivery Company, made entirely in C#. This was the whole deal, designing everything from the database to the user modules. This was designed using OOD and code using OOP. The entire project was building on classes that implement a kind of package or delivery. Mainly a class named package which later was inherited to create three classes: Envelope, bpackage and container, which were the ones, were al the control was developed. This was coded in VB.NET using ASP.NET technology for their intranet, so the implementation of the user modules was using an Internet Browser, but for the part where almost every package was registered with a Barcode reader, was made it on a Windows Desktop Interface. The tracking of the system was made using XML Web services, so the information was in hand for any kind of client, and thinking in the growing of the business, so later it could be used in any of their business partner application to get the track of any particular package.
- For internal tracking, developed a module using XML support on SQL Server 2000, for making a XML template which receives one parameter, the tracking number, so it was consulted on the database and returned as XML, which later was converted to HTML in server side processing using an XLS template for it. All reports in this application were made using Crystal Reports 9
- Built IP networks, using Win 2k boxes, as routers, to communicate with offices all through local and country-wide locations.
- I was in charge of the database consultant services, installing and tuning client databases is part of this duty.
- Provided configure replication between databases from our customers, from state to state, even from continent to continent, as most of our consultant customers were hotels, which needed their reservation databases synchronized, with a maximum of one or two days delay.
- Tuned the databases for SAP implementations as part of the Windows Server 2000, 2003 and Exchange 2000, 2003 consultant team.
- Disaster recovery, using restore of hard backups and reconnecting mailboxes when it is necessary.
- Developed a real estate website called homerun.com.mx, now this domain is owned by a different company using PHP and MySQL
- Developed a budget system for the peninsular division for Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma; made primary as ASP 3.0 with VBScript pages that invocate Stored Procedures in a SQL Server 2000 database. The calculation and comparison of the data, was made in the server’s stored procedures, with the ASP pages only for calling the procedures and showing the results of the calculations.
- This was a challenge because most of the information of the budget was calculated from formulas and operations, which could also be edited using the ASP pages.
Developer & Consultant
- Designed and programmed the following software on this job:
- Rent Software for PlayaCar Beach Properties
- Accountant module for Shangrila Hotel Application
- Network consultant. My obligations in this area were to install and configure Novell Netware 3.11 LANS; as well as install and configure Windows NT 4.0 LANS.