- 10+ years of experience in administering and managing Windows Systems(Desktop and Servers) including experience creating work area policies, Monitoring servers and managing services deployed for in office and remote users
- Extensive Data Center experience in Managing HP proliant servers, HP blade servers, IBM xSeries and Dell PowerEdge servers (Generation 4 & 5).
- Extensive experience in performing Systems Administration either Standard and Enterprise Server edition of Microsoft Windows 2016/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2003/2000 , in addition to the Microsoft desktop support machines of Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/98.
- Excellent work experience on Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) by creating and defining the object classes and attributes that relates to users, computers, printers and services in addition to the extension of the object interface by managing permissions, group policies and delegations.
- Ability to understand the existing architecture and the work flow of AD DS and its features that includes schema, global catalog, replication and operations master roles (FSMO).
- Work experience on Active Directory and DNS Migrations, involved in AD and DHCP backup and restoring the deleted OU’s.
- Involved in monitoring and troubleshooting of Active Directory using Repadmin and in Windows2008 Replmon.
- Worked on DCDIAG tool to verify AD components for checking FSMO, DNS registration, AD replication errors, Trust Verification and file replication services.
- Good experience with Migrations from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003, and Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 using ADMT v3.0 and Quest AD migration Tool.
- Extensive work experience in Server Migrations from windows 2003 to Windows 2008 using ADMT v3.0 and Quest AD migration tool.
- In - State Upgrade of servers from 2008 R2 to 2012 and 2012 R2 to 2016
- Vast experience on Support center Management using Enterprise ticketing tools such as the Heat ticketing systems, BMC Remedy ticketing system and Service Now.
- Extensive experience Installing and troubleshooting peripheral devices such printers, scanners and photocopiers around a TCP/IP network from vendors such as Xerox, Canon, Konica and HP.
- Experience managing remote users by installing and managing VPN clients and managing RRAS.
- Extensive experience on Installing, configuring, troubleshooting of VMware family products ESX 6.0,5.5, 4.1/4.0/3.5/3.0 , ESXi 5.0/4.1 hosts, Virtual Center 6.0, 5.0/4.1/4.0/2.5 Server and vSphere and Involved in updating the versions of ESX build numbers.
- Configuring and troubleshooting the ESX/ESXi to setup iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel storage.
- VMware based virtualization tasks includes server new build according to the business client requirements and make it as a standard template for a particular application to deploy the virtual machines using cloning and templates.
- Experience in troubleshooting of production servers using a clone copy or a snapshot.
- Creating and monitoring vSphere cluster data stores.
- Perform VMware vSphere, vMotion and Storage vMotion migrations.
- Experience in Capacity Planning, High Availability, and Failover and DRS settings for critical systems.
- Manage ESXi patching using vCenter Update Manager.
- Experience on developing vCenter Orchestrator and automating the process.
- Integrate ESX with Active Directory and control user access through roles and permissions.
- Application software under multi-platform environments, deploying, and monitoring servers, allocate Disk Quota Management and Distributed File System (DFS).
- Experience in migration of servers from Physical-to-Physical (P2P)/Physical-to-Virtual (P2V)/ Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) migrations using Zerto, Platespin, vConverter.
- Experience in troubleshooting and bring up the server using traditional NTBackup on Windows server 2003, server 2008 and 2012.
- Experience using Avamar Enterprise Backup system and agent configuration on client systems.
- Extensive experience on Installation and Configuration of WINS, DNS, and DHCP services.
- Extensively worked on the support tools such as Dsastat, Movetree.exe and DNSCMD.
- Maintenance of clusters SQL Server, Messaging Server, File Server and Print Server.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and administration of WSUS 3.0.
- Creating and deploying the packages of windows patching files, policies, and application files through BMC Blade Logic.
- Working experience on VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance (FT) and vShield Zones.
- Comfortable to work on VMware go to manage the patches and automated remediation, and monitor tickets.
- Expertise in creating Backup policies and scheduling backup Jobs using TSM, VERITAS Backup, NT Backup, Net Backup Exec and Auto loader tape drive.
- Worked with windows server update Services and System Center Configuration Manager and System Center Operations Manager.
- Monitoring and Administering of SCCM 2007, 2012 infrastructure, traffic, processes, capacity utilization, and performance.
- Smart hands on experience while setting up and racking up servers.
- Extensive experience in managing Data Center environment with Administering, Installing, and Troubleshooting of Microsoft Servers and Workstations that includes Active Directory Services, IIS Servers, DNS, and DHCP.
- Aid in the recommendation of strategies for Data Center and infrastructure management from business continuity, disaster recovery, monitoring, storage, and security.
- Provide Level 2, Level 3 technical support. Furthermore, aid in the evaluation of new products and services, and manage vendor service agreements.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, performance, monitoring, development, and familiar with applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to serve as point of escalation to assist Help Desk to resolve difficult user support issues.
- Capable of managing numerous projects while leading cross-functional teams to meet and exceed overall IT initiatives.
- Ability of effective prioritization and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment, in addition to the exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive work experience in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills.
- NAS appliance Knowledge and troubleshooting (Mostly Netapp and EMC devices.).
Servers: Windows 2016,2012/2008 R 2/2008/2003/2000 /NT, VMware ESX 4.1/4.0/3.5/3.0 /2.5, ESXi 5.1/5.0/4.1, Virtual Center Server 6.5, 6.0, 5.1/5.0/4.1/2.5/2.0 , vSphere 5.1/5.0/4.0.
Operating Systems: Windows 10,8/7/Vista/XP/98/95, UNIX, Linux ObuntuFedora, Mac OS(latest versions) Web/Internet Web design, Domain Management, Cpanel Management
Transaction Servers: SCOM 2012/2007 R2, IIS 7.0/6.0/5.0/4.0/3.0.
Mail Servers: MS Exchange 2010/2007/2003.
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Telnet, Remote Desktop, HTTP, FTP, DSL, SSL, OSI, Ethernet, Token Ring.
Databases: SQL Server 2008, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS Access.
Tools: VMware Converter, PlateSpin PowerConvert, Veeam FastSCP, McAfee Anti Virus, Norton Anti Virus, Drive Image (all versions), Karsperky Anti Virus, CRI scan,Arc serve, Compaq Insight Manager software, VPN, Real VNC, Double Take, MS Virtual Server, HF-Net Check Pro, Remedy ticketing system, IBM Blade technology, USD, IBM Lotus Notes client 6.5, Citrix ICA Client versions starting from 3.0 to 10.0, HP Open view, Cisco VPN client version 4.2, Nortel Client.
Languages: VBScript, Python, PHP, Shell Scripting, Power Shell, SQL/PLSQL, Java, J2EE, C++, VB, C#
Hardware: Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure PowerEdge M910/M820 PowerEdge (6400/2600/2500 ) servers, HP Proliant (BL660c/420-G8, DL680/DL580/DL380-G2/G4/G5 and 320e/360e-G8) servers, HP Compaq servers, Cisco UCS B and C series, Installation of IBM based systems mother boards, Internal/External Modems, NIC SCSI/IDE Hard disks, ISDN Modems, Hubs, Switches.
Windows Systems Administrator/Engineer
- Day to Day Systems Administration seated in the New York Office.
- Understanding Service, Incident and Problem Management and all related processes.
- Understanding/Implementing the Change Management process and responding to incidents and real time problems.
- Responsible for understanding operating procedures for ease of systems support.
- Installing and configuring various versions of Windows Server platform for business use.
- Understanding and implementing the technologies and procedures of patch management.
- Managing and administering Windows infrastructure and related services on a daily basis.
- Implement configurations related to clusters, SAN, multipath, security and user/group administration and to organization’s standard tools for backup, monitoring and administration.
- Configuring and administering Windows File servers and Windows clusters.
- Identifying and troubleshooting known problems and documenting solutions.
- Using different scripting Languages to automate tasks for managing the Windows infrastructure
- General Domain services Management such as DNS, DHCP, File permissions etc
- Understanding LAN, WAN and other Network related communication (Network trouble shooting).
- Collaborating with other teams to execute change procedures.
- Documenting solutions of solved problems and communicating solution to other team members
- Responding to Operations Manager alerts and resolving or transferring incidents within the shortest possible time.
- Participate and act as project resource and anchor during client server inventory standardizations and takeovers.
- Interface with ICC clients to provide direct support to clients managed inventory.
- Effective user of Virtualized Data Center infrastructures such as VCenter and System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Effective user of physical Data Center interfaces (HP OneView & ILO) for supporting windows physical server inventory.
- Participation in ICC Organized trainings for better understanding of the new relevant support technologies
- Management and configuration of Enterprise Management tools such as SCOM agent, MCafee Enterprise Shield, Avamar Backup agent,
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 R2/2008, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 Inventory Tracking System, Controller, SCVVM, Vcenter 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, Vmware web client, HP One View, Operations Manager, Customized Sever Tracking/reporting applications Mcaffe Enterprise services, Avamar enterprise services.
Windows/ Vmware Systems Virtualization Engineer
- Windows Engineering for Server upgrade from 2003 OS to 2008R2 OS and to 2012 R2.
- Responsible ITIL Process Management.
- P2V conversion Pre/Post Migration process
- V2V replication using Zerto and Vsphere replication
- Vcenter Management (virtual Networking, Storage Pools, Vlans, Host Profiles etc)
- General System administration for DNS, DHCP, WINS etc.
Wintel Administrator/ Systems Engineer
- Windows Engineering for Server upgrade from 2003 OS to 2008R2 OS
- Responsible ITIL Process Management.
- Responsible for Knowledge of Decommission process.
- Responsible for Ticket creation, Change management tracking and Incident management tracking.
- Responsible for Data Migration from Server 2003 to Server 2008R2
- Responsible for Printer Queue migration from Server 2003 to Server 2008R2.
- Responsible for Anti-Virus Scanner Migration from Server 2003 to Server 2008R2.
- Responsible Service NOW tracking.
- Responsible for Server Inventory Tracking and Management.
- Responsible for reporting on the Product Life Cycle of 100+ servers.
- Responsible for Decommission tracking of End of Life servers.
- Responsible for confirming readiness of new servers.
- Responsible for testing configuration of new servers.
- Responsible for assisting in the decommission process of old servers.
- Data Migration between Netapp Filer Systems.
- Responsible for organizing Qtree shares ahead of scheduled migration.
- Responsible for managing all relevant Group shares related to application accounts, privileged accounts and user account ahead of migration.
- Responsible for consulting other team leads regarding creation of runbooks containing all migration steps.
- Responsible for managing DNS alias of filers prior to migration.
- Responsible for managing firewall rules on Filers involved in migration.
- Responsible for Managing DFS mount points on filers involved in migration.
- Responsible for pre and post migration procedures.
- Responsible for providing the Storage and Management teams with an Impact Analysis Report prior to migration.
- Responsible for Guiding the Storage team on the day of Migration.
- Responsible for checking permissions on all destination filers for accuracy.
- Responsible for using Dumpsec to provide a comprehensive list of all shares, permissions, user accounts etc on Source Netapp filers.
- Expected to assist storage team during migration in activities such as executing snap mirror, changing DFS path, creating DFS shares on destination filers, renaming AD groups, running post migration scripts, and managing Qtree share migration change.
- Responsible for configuration change in intranet storage application and database.
- Responsible for notifying Network, DNS, Citrix and Virtualization teams of all migration activities
- Responsible for some User Support after migration.
- Member of Assignment groups for incident ticket resolution (AD, Member server services, Groups share Access, Server Access/permission etc).
- Member of Assignment groups for Change approval process (approval and deployment tasks).
- Responsible for monitoring Assignment group Queues and collecting daily metrics.
- Responsible for reporting to Team lead regarding weekly plan changes from other teams that will impact the Wintel team managed servers.
- Responsible for DNS fulfilment( new joiners assignment)
- Responsible for DHCP Scope creation/Management
- Responsible for Management of LDAP.FRS,FSMO roles, KCC, Group Policies
- Responsible for Strong skills on scripting, support tools, WINS, FRS, DFS, AD FS etc
- Familiarity with ITIL Processes for change management
- Expert trouble shooting skills on Active Directory Services
- Expert skills on service pack and patch deployment
- Expert skills with user profile management, OS builds, Operations Manager, Event Management, etc.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 R2/2008, Inventory Tracking System, P2V Migration, Service NOW, Part Access, VMware ESX 5.5, Microsoft Lync, Mindalign, Collaboration tools, Project Management, ITIL Processes(Change, Incident, Request, Demand, Ticket), Netapp FAS 2500, Netapp FAS 8000, SCS Controller
Enterprise Windows Systems Engineer
- Enterprise Support Administrator for 8000 users
- Responsible for troubleshooting end-users PC's, laptops, tablets and smart phones.
- Resolve telecommunication, printer, scanner and software issues.
- Responsible for Helpdesk support Management and customer satisfaction.
- Perform all tasks related to an Enterprise Technical Support Administrator role.
- Responsible for VPN client configuration,
- Responsible for enterprise Network Printer installation and configuration.
- Responsible for Heat Installation on client computers.
- Responsible OS Imaging and deployment for Windows Workstation Xp, Vista, Win 7,win 8, win 8.1, Windows server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2
- Responsible SQL server installation for 2005, 2008 and 2012 editions.
- Responsible for VMware Infrastructure Installation and Management including Vmware ESXi server 4.1, 5.1, 5.5, Vsphere client 5.1, 5.5, Vmware Vcenter Server 5.1, 5.5 all on windows server environments.
- Responsible for participating in active directory design, site and site link object, workflow of group policies, and applying the policies through GPO.
- Responsible for participating in the building of domain Controllers for the Enterprise network around a Municipal Area Network.
- Responsible for Configuring HA, Failover and DRS and Load Balancing in Virtual Center.
- Responsible for creating Virtual switch and modifying vSwitch properties.
- Responsible for VMware, VSphere, vMotion and Storage vMotion migrations.
- Responsible for participating in the configuration of ESXi 5.1 on HP bare metal servers.
- Responsible for creating User profiles and auditing the event policies using PowerShell 3.0
- Responsible for understanding the enterprise level installation and management of WSUS, Hyper-V and RADIUS
- Responsible for participating in DHCP infrastructure configuration.
- Responsible for participating in IP routing configuration in an Enterprise Windows environment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting of SQL Servers issues on VMware environment and also worked on Windows clustering.
- Responsible for Windows deployment using tools such as Image X, DISM, WAIK, MDT 2010,2012(deployment workbench), SCCM
- Responsible for performing OS/App Analysis and assessment using ACT, MAP, SCM
- Responsible for participating in the management of a private cloud and management of customized applications.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2012/2008 R2/2008, Heat ticketing system, HP, ESXi 5.1,5.5 Amazon Web Services, Symantec Backup exec, SCCVM 2012, Dell servers, Apple Macintosh, Linux
Windows Systems engineer/VMware Infrastructure Engineer
- IT Support Specialist in an Enterprise Environment of 400 users.
- Responsible for End-User Support and training.
- Responsible for Domain Administration(AD, Permissions and GPOs)
- Responsible for hardware installation and configuration (switches, routers, Desktop, Laptop).
- Responsible for all software/package installation.
- Responsible for network Database Management.
- Phone support and resolution of tier I/II issues related to desktop, connectivity, hardware and software.
- Responsible for Sharepoint Management.
- Responsible VMware Desktop configuration on end User systems.
- Responsible Network SQL Server Database Management.
- Responsible for User Profile Management.
- Responsible for Server Backup and Restoration.
- Responsible Windows OS Imaging and client desktop configuration management.
- Responsible for SLA writing and Contract negotiation.
- Reporting to IT controller regarding project matters.
- Responsible IT auditing and Event tracking.
- Responsible for managing virtualized Servers on HyperV technology including failover clustering.
- Responsible for managing Servers roles such DNS, DHCP,RRAS, Printer services, file management, WDS, and features such as failover clustering.
- Responsible for supporting infrastructure using SCCM.
- Responsible for participating in Migration Activities, Support to Windows Servers, Building and Scanning the Servers in addition to the operations compliance project.
- Responsible for Installing and Configuring of Windows 2008/2003/2012 Standard/Enterprise Editions.
- Responsible for installation of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007,2010 and outlook client support administration.
- Responsible for installation and administration of Microsoft ISA server for firewall security.
- Responsible for Server side Remote access configuration using RDP(remote desktop protocol)
- Responsible for DFS installation and configuration
- Responsible for administration and Management of the Enterprise server Farm.
- Responsible for automating the daily tasks of systems administrator through the PsExec, VBScript, WMI and Power Shell.
- Responsible for participating in OU design and workflow of Group policies, and applying the policies through GPO to soothing the compliance project of BMC.
- Responsible for remediating the corrupted windows installer to execute the agent files or application files.
- Possesses extensive experience in repairing a corrupted .NET Frame work process.
- Responsible for participating in troubleshooting of drive mapping issues of Terminal server registry files.
- Possesses experience in troubleshooting of SQL Server2008 R2/2005 patching according to the security bulletin patching.
- Possesses relevant experience on vCenter5.1 console and adding vCenter instance to linked mode group.
- Responsible for Installing and configuring the Zerto Migration Tool for migrating of 440 V2V Servers.
- Responsible for Performing VMware vMotion and Storage vMotion migrations in the process V2V.
- Responsible for participating in the server decommission process with the high-level management.
- Responsible for creating new vCenter in the process of Go-Live and DR exercise
- Responsible for configuring, updating and deleting the DNS and WINS records.
- Responsible for participating in sev1 tickets after migration activity to provide support and roll back the influenced changes.
- Responsible for work on Windows Server 2003 clusters to troubleshoot the issues of quorum disk corrupt, HBA, McAfee and multipath with the support of vendor.
- Responsible for pushing and monitoring the agents from McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
- Responsible for extensive work on AD DS, AD LDS, DNS, Terminal Services, GPMC and Failover clustering Tools.
- Responsible for creating firewall rules with WFAS.
- Responsible for Work on LDAP authentication policy manager and involved in Novell LDAP server.
- Responsible for participating in BIOS, Dell DRAC, Firmware updates.
- Responsible for troubleshooting on Domain Controller logon errors and demoting of AD integrated exchange server errors.
- Responsible for transferring and seizing of roles from demote DC to the functioning DC.
- Responsible for participating in raising the forest functional level from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008.
- Responsible for providing a wealth of experience in building vCenter and deploying VM’s for the applications Navisys, Citrix XenApp server SharePoint and SQL Server database.
- Responsible for Bandwidth management using Microtik Winbox.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2008/2003, Dell servers, HP blade, IBM blade, Dell PowerEdge M1000e, VMware ESX 5.1 server, vCenter 5.1, Exchange server 2007, 2010, Sharepoint, BizTalk, ISA, Linux Microtik, Cisco Switches and routers
Windows Systems Administrator/Desktop Engineer
- Responsible for support for developers in a software development firm
- Responsible for creating & maintaining helpdesk procedures including, but not limited to, inventory control, deployment, orientation, training and continuing education of the users.
- Responsible for administering and installing Linux Subversion wireless Networks.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and networking issues.
- Responsible for developing and managing in house Enterprise software (dual roles).
- Responsible installation, configuration and systems administration of Windows 2003/2008 R2.
- Responsible for the daily administration and maintenance of Active Directory Domain Services.
- Responsible Configuring DNS, DNS records, WINS, DHCP, DHCP scopes, Windows Desktop and Remote Desktop.
- Responsible for Remote Desktop Monitoring using Microsoft Terminal Services/Client.
- Responsible for application software under multi-platform environments, deploying, and monitoring servers, allocate Disk Quota Management and Distributed File System (DFS).
- Responsible for providing support in performance tuning and issue resolution.
- Responsible for deploying Hyper V virtual machines.
- Responsible for hardening according to the security policies.
- Responsible for providing internal IT support on IIS and Windows Desktops.
- Responsible implementing, administering and monitoring NAT server/firewall providing Internet access to client computers through the corporate LAN.
- Responsible for installing and implementing Network Load Balancing.
- Responsible for maintenance of cluster server, mail server, files server, print server and backup server.
- Responsible for knowledge on Change Management, Validation Management, Incident Management, and Request Management Tickets in Remedy Tool.
- Responsible for Creating documentation for Server Builds, Application Installations, Mapping the drives and Issues which occur during software upgrades.
- Responsible for server clustering and network load balancing implementation.
- Responsible for Cisco Router configuration for VLAN management, OSPF and PPP protocols.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2008/2003, Oracle 10g,HP Blade servers, Dell, Apple, Linux computers and OS, SQL server 2005, 2008.
Confidential, Bowie, Maryland
Windows Systems Administrator/ Helpdesk Administrator
- Tier I, II and support level in multiple domains for 2000 end-user of over 50 clients in a Windows Server 2003 platform/environment.
- Provided remote assistance, phone, email and in-person support for hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and networking.
- Project leader for Software Consultants (Hardware & Software Documentations).
- Onsite Project Management involving Network Installation for clients.
- Responsible for all the Windows 2003/2000/NT Servers in Data center
- Responsible for installation and administration of Windows 2003 servers, domains and database servers.
- Responsible for configuring, installing, maintaining all Network Servers within the enterprise on various computer platforms including Windows 2003/2000/Active Directory/DNS/DHCP Server
- Responsible for installing Configuring, Patching, Upgrading and Maintaining Windows 2003/2000 server and workstations.
- Responsible for administration of WSUS server for regular Windows updates.
- Responsible for providing overall coordination, planning, and support functions involving the installation, monitoring, and overall management of the server environment.
- Responsible for Installing, Configuring, and Administering SMS 2003.
- Responsible for Managing Servers, Patch Management through SMS 2003.
- Responsible for Assessments, Implementation and Maintenance of Windows Desktop/Server security policies and controls.
- Responsible for moving/migrating web sites, including creation of web sites in IIS 6.0.
- Responsible for Creating, testing and deploying virtual environments using Virtualization Technologies - VMware Workstation, ESX Server, and MS Virtual PC.
- Responsible for Implementing new policy using Active Directory for USB Lockdown for Mass Storage
- Responsible for Managing Windows 2003 file server, Active Directory, WINS, PDC, DHCP, DNS & storage Servers, SQL 2005 Server.
- Responsible for Hardening according to the security policies.
- Responsible for Maintaining the Software deployment and management solution and ensure proper patching on client systems.
- Responsible for Maintaining the Domain environment, including setting policies as per the security settings.
- Hardening according to the security policies.
- Responsible for maintaining the Software deployment and management solution and ensure proper patching on client systems.
- Responsible for maintaining the Domain environment, including setting policies as per the security settings.
- Comfortable to work on Change Management, Validation Management, Incident Management, and Request Management Tickets in Remedy Tool.
- Responsible for setting up Windows NT/2000 and MS Exchange Server 2003/2000.
- Responsible for defining group permissions and creating local and global groups with account policies using Enterprise Administrator. Creating user rights and defining local and roaming profiles.
- Responsible for Configuration and administration of MS Outlook, maintenance of user accounts, mailboxes, public folders, and directory rights and implemented exchange disaster recovery. Create directory or printer share queues for the network printer users.
Environment: Windows 2003/2000/NT Servers, Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/IIS Server WSUS 3.0, VMware, Remote Support tools, Inkjet/laser jet printers and all in one printers.