- Proven Success in Systems Optimization and Strategic IT Solutions
- Accomplished Cloud Engineer / Systems Administrator with over 12 years of experience managing server infrastructures, networks and multi - user operations across multiple platforms (MacOS, Windows).
- Effectively plan, install, configure and optimize the IT infrastructure to consistently achieve high availability and performance.
- Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business growth, organizational development and systems/network optimization.
- Skilled problem identifier and troubleshooter comfortable managing systems, projects and teams in a range of IT environments.
- Proficient in supervision and team leadership, as well as project organization, development and deployment.
HIGHLIGHTS OF IT SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES:
- LAN/WAN Administration
- Citrix XenApp/Xen Desktop
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Server (2008-2016)
- Lync/Skype for Business
- Active Directory
- Terminal Services
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Citrix NetScaler, SD-WAN
- Cisco Hardware
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Cloud Support Engineer
- Acts as a Level 2 Cloud Support Engineer and escalation resource for L1/L2 engineers for a client base of over 500 individual companies, with end-user seat counts ranging from 12 to 5,000.
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading and troubleshooting complex network and systems environments (Citrix XenApp/Xen Desktop, Windows Server 2008 R2-2016 etc.), configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining network connectivity from on premises equipment (Cisco ASA/Juniper/Fortigate/Sonicwall firewalls) to multiple datacenter locations across the globe, including building L2P/PTP VPN tunnels, SSL VPN tunnels and troubleshooting network access and connectivity.
- Responsible for maintaining client environments from the database level (ESXi hosts, networking etc.), down to client-specific applications, and their interactivity and interconnectivity to the Confidential hosted platform.
- Also responsible for architecting and engineering information technology solutions for clients (new server buildouts, network configuration, hardware changes, and interconnectivity).
- Supports Windows, Mac and Linux virtual machines/physical hardware in a cloud hosted platform spanning multiple continents, and interconnecting client locations via VPN/network routing.
- Maintains and administers Windows/MacOS environments for a wide variety of businesses that include Citrix, AD/DNS, Office365/Multi-tenant Exchange/Private Hosted Exchange, Terminal Servers, Skype for Business, SharePoint, and a variety of client-specific software.
- Serves as an escalation resource for L1/L2 engineers, as well as a liaison for architecture.
- Develops/builds information technology roadmaps for clients including network/server buildouts, routes, planning, implementation and support.
- Works closely with management/leadership to develop and organize training/development programs and tools, and to build SOP guides.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Headed a project to overhaul and completely rebuild the server/network environment in preparation for a large expansion, which included new hardware and labor proposals.
- Acts as Tier 3 support for end-user tickets and troubleshooting (applications, terminal server configuration, VPN/VLAN troubleshooting etc.).
- Responsible for troubleshooting, installation, upgrading and maintenance of 30+ servers (both physical and virtual), network switches, NAS devices, backup solutions, and disaster recovery plans.
- Restructured security configurations (password refresh policy, SSL certificate registration for publicly accessible domains, remote desktop gateway security configuration) to meet and abide by Best Practices.
- Assisted with the implementation of a documentation tool (ITGlue) to expedite document indexing (passwords, account numbers and information), management and storage.
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
Network Administrator/Support Engineer
- Assisted with migration of client networks/servers to Confidential ’s database, assisted with bringing clients to Confidential ’s business operations standards.
- Acted as a Support Analyst/Network Administrator for one of Orange County’s best MSPs, with a client-base of over 2000 workstations and servers.
- Worked with a team of skilled analysts and administrators to support 24/7 uptime of networks ranging from 4 employees, to 500 + employees and workstations.
- Assisted with enforcing best practice standards and procedures of network security, intrusion prevention, backup and disaster recovery system implementation, network development and organization etc.
Confidential, Laguna Hills, CA
Network Administrator/Support Engineer
- Hired as a full-time network administrator/support engineer.
- Provide Windows/MacOS administration, network operating center (NOC) administration, LAN/WAN/VPN administration, VMware administration, and intrusion detection and prevention (IDP) monitoring.
- Also, manage FTP servers, AD/DNS, wireless access points and load balancers. Assisted in the design and implementation of highly available (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) solutions for clients and employer.
- Acts as a Network Administrator and Support Engineer for a world-class MSP that supports over 1000 end-users in multiple environments.
- Maintains and administers Windows/MacOS work environments for a wide variety of businesses that include Citrix, AD/DNS, Office365, Terminal Servers, SharePoint, etc.
- Researches, recommends and implements network enhancements that improve system reliability and performance (such as Sophos/SonicWALL implementation and setup, SaaS implementation as a replacement for server-side applications, migration of Exchange environments to Offce365 etc.)
- Works closely with VCIO to help determine best technology paths for clients for future scalability and growth, as well as compliance.
Confidential, Apple Valley, CA
System Administrator / Technology Team Lead / Delivery Manager
- Reconfigured existing Windows Server 2003 environment to better server business and employee needs, including configuring a terminal server, print server, and file/FTP server at main location.
- Worked closely with vendors and partners to configure and developed a web-based user-interface application to work in tandem with a SQL library to access user inventory availability. This was paired with a set of Confidential MC9090 scan guns, which were used for data processing of field delivery personnel.
- Supported 30+ end users on Windows 7 and XP platforms (LAN/WAN troubleshooting, network configuration, hardware and software installation and troubleshooting etc.).
- Worked with business owners to develop a digital file storage solution utilizing a FireVault for records keeping and storage.
- Resolved a history of problematic network failure by troubleshooting LAN/WAN connections between multiple locations.