- Business & Technology Alignment Strategic & Technical Planning Enterprise IT Architecture R&D Innovation
- IT Security Multi - Site IT Management Network Management Change Management Operational Excellence
- Team & Relationship Building Vendor Management IT Governance Problem Solving Best Practices
Confidential, Houston, Texas
IT Infrastructure Manager
- Led data center team in designing and implementing CISCO unified computing system by creating custom designed service profiles that include hardware, networking, and virtualization to meet the business policy needs of end users. Deployed $6million in converged infrastructure “FLEXPODS” to datacenter while creating an ITIL roadmap for end users called “DISCOVERY”. Lowered TCO by 35% and increased application deployments to minutes while providing 99.999% uptime for SLA agreements. As of March 2018 we are managing 1165 Window servers (1050 virtual and 115 physical), 369 Linux Servers (359 virtual and 10 physical), and 85 UNIX OS servers (52 AIX and 33 SUN).
- Reorganized operation groups using ITIL Service Management model to provide more cost-effective and timely support for data, voice, desktop, and service desk; created a Business Services group that manages vendor relationships and examines cost-savings within Information Services. After auditing and reconciliation, the group realized a saving of: 1) over $180K in telecommunication services in 2010 and $210K in 2011; 2) $1.44M in application costs in 2012; 3) $25K in an initial reconciliation of pagers and BlackBerrys actually used vs. being charged.
- Developed Project Management Office (PMO) to enable the successful management of approximately 130projects.
- Served as infrastructure technology officer providing consultation to the Chief Information Office on Information Technology strategies and technologies. Serving as member of Incident Management Team to represent IT functions during planning for and occurrence of incidents and disasters.
- Defined Risk Management techniques and successfully guided the risk analysis of existing infrastructure to identify deficiencies, single point of failures, and broken processes that could potentially disrupt the operation of the overall infrastructure.
- Created ITIL Service Category offering Cloud Share Drive deliveries currently at 530TB’s of storage delivered.
- Utilized CLIQR Cloud Center as an effective IT-as-a-Service solution while automating deployment of single VM’s and application stacks to Windows Azure cloud services as well as private cloud infrastructure. Currently at 1920 cores, 18TB Ram and 1.0PB of SAS storage.
- Oversaw and designed Patch Management software initially using SHAVLICK NetChk Security Center, migrated to Altiris deployment solution, and most recently implemented Microsoft SSCM to handle Microsoft Patching, Reporting/Inventory, and Application Delivery.
- Migrated IT helpdesk from REMEDY to SERVICE NOW and created ITIL driven department using Service Now Express, reducing work orders wait time by 35% by allowing users to create their own work orders and select from a service catalog by providing charge sources.
- Implementation and training of users for cloud based video conferencing service through “BLUEJEANS”, cutting helpdesk and field support calls for video conferencing issues by 75% while providing an easy to use solution.
- Managed migration of 13,444 e-mail accounts into Microsoft Office 365 solution called “Communicate Now” over a 6 month period.
- Perform quarterly HIPPA risk assessments for the purpose of ascertaining the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, availability and integrity of all electronic patient protected health information (e-PHI) in EPIC that BCM creates, receives, maintains, or transmits. Managed Security risks that needed to be identified, documented, and remediation plans developed for implementation, as necessary, to correct identified security deficiencies.
- Led efforts to establish and manage the appropriate organizational goals, objectives, structure, staffing model, skills/capabilities and roles & responsibilities necessary to successfully address application development requirements. Creates and mentors and IT team that identifies and propagate best practices in leading and managing IT as it relates to application development. versee vendor (software and services) and related asset planning, evaluation, selection, negotiation and ongoing management to properly deliver upon and manage solutions and capabilities. versees efficient planning, management and control of spending and staffing levels without sacrificing customer or associate satisfaction, in doing so, responsible for annual, quarterly and monthly IT plan, budgeting and review processes.
- Ensures adherence to IT security, compliance and risk management requirements. Ensure department compliance with contractual requirement relate to operational as well as security and risk management by working closely with IT operational teams including Legal and HR. working with key customers, business partners and IT leadership team, sets the vision, goals, objectives, priorities and key strategies for application architecture and regularly engages in business & technology planning and continuous improvement activities.
Infrastructure Overview: Windows AD, MS SharePoint, FrontPage, Exchange, WINS, DHCP, DNS, EMC and Netapp storage solutions, FLEXPOD, Dell Servers, Firewall-1, Remedy, ServiceNow, XenApp Citrix, VMWARE, Symantec, Nessus, Office365, Altiris, SCCM, Imagenow, Dell OpenManage, Linux, CLIQR, and CISCO.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
IT Infrastructure Manager
- Managed all aspects of IT infrastructure including, but not limited to, design and/or management of networks, security, routers, firewalls, and software.
- Established Information Technology organization with 5 employees.
- Led company to achieve record-setting revenue, designing and implementing innovative new technologies including managing change processes.
- Improved user experiences significantly, troubleshooting and resolving network, hardware, and software issues, and partnering with global IT team to respond to support cases in timely manner.
- Ensured maximum integrity of new software, coordinating with QA to develop use cases, review test cases, and track feature bugs.
Confidential, Houston, Texas .
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
- Conducted pre- and post-sales support for Shasta product enabling internet service providers to control networks via GUI with built-in firewall; included, but was not limited to, presentations, network design, planning, and testing, and onsite installations and support.
- Served as expert and go-to for all network security and firewall issues.
- Built outstanding relationships and rapports with customers throughout region, conducting frequent site visits and consultations for all clients, and providing superior solutions and support; major clients included Enron, SBC, Williams Communications, GRCI, El Paso Energy, Splitrock, and WorldCom.
- Part of 15 member Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas sales team that generated sales of 45 million in sales per year.