Programming Languages: C, Pascal, Macro Assembler 8086/8088, Awk, Sed, Perl, Unix Shell Scripting (sh, bash, csh, ksh), Tcl.
Database Systems: Oracle RDBMS 11g/12.1c, MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres 9.x, MongoDB.
Operating Systems: Solaris, Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5/6/7, CentOS 5/6/7, Debian/Raspian Stretch/Jesse, All Windows Legacy OS, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2008 R2, F5 BigIP
Applications: Tomcat 8.x, ESRI ArcGIS, HTML 1.0/1.1, mod perl, Java/OpenJDK, Apache 2.x.x, UNIX/NT/WIN9x ), TCP/IP, SMNP, sendmail, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, TFTP, DNS, Kerberos 5, LDAP, NFS, SIP, MGCP, Firewall/Packet Filters (IP Tables, Firewalld), TCP Wrappers, DenyHosts, Docker.
System Hardware: Sun Microsystem s (670MP, SPARC 5/20, Ultra 10, Netra 1125, Enterprise 250/450/4500 ), SunBlade 1000, SunFire 280R, SunFire 3800 DEC Alpha (2100, 8200, GS60) DEC EISA 10000, HSD40, HSZ70, IBM RS/6000 (7012 - 320H, 7025-F50), Cisco (2500, 4000, 7000) Cisco Catalyst 5000, Confidential /Newbridge MainstreetXpress 36170, IBMx346, IBM BladeCenter HS20, Sun V1280. Raspberry PI model B, Rpi model 3.
Network Management: Confidential /Newbridge MainstreetXpress 46020 NMS, HP Openview B.04.11, SunNet Manager 2.2.1, syslog, SNMP
Other Applications: MS-Office 2013, Remedy
Senior Linux Administrator
- Provided direct technical support to database, application administrators, and system owners in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) GIS system.
- Assisted in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Esri ArcGIS and Portal platforms. Maintained and installed Geoserver GIS on RHEL7 based VMware instances. Applied system updates, application updates, and maintained LVM based filesystems.
- Installed, configured, packaged (rpm), and maintained Continuous Integration (CD/CI) applications including Jenkins, Sonarqube, Jira, GitHub Enterprise for the FEMAlab DevOps /Proof of Concept (POC) environment.
- Maintained and configured Sonatype Nexus 3 Repository manager for R, Python 3, NodeJS implementation.
- Installation, configuration, rpm packaging, and support of OpenSource and freeware applications, including the Webalizer web analysis tool.
- Installed and configured RedHat 7 virtual systems with KVM, RedHat Virtualization, and VMware.
- Maintained RHEL 7 virtual hosts, user accounts, and system policies with FreeIPA/Red Hat IdM servers. Configured VM instances for TLS/SSL web and PIV authentication (YubiKey) with built-in Dogtag CA service on FreeIPA/IdM.
- Installed, configured, and maintained OpenShift 3.10 container platform on RHEL7
- Maintained and configured Docker container platform on RHEL7 Atomic Host instances.
- Acquired familiarity with numerous Linux-based applications such as Pentaho, NodeJS, Ansible, OpenSCAP, R-Studio, Hadoop, Shiny, and Spark.
- Maintained and administered Windows 2003 and RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.5 servers for the Department of Commerce - Economic Development Administration.
- Provided direct technical support to database administrators in the installation, configuration, and migration of Oracle 11g/12c databases.
- Maintained backups of LTO-3 tape magazines with Bacula and Retrospect software.
- Configuration of security controls, patching, and vulnerability mitigation in compliance with FISMA, and Nessus system scan data.
- Created RHEL6 based legacy archive system using CentOS 6.7, Oracle 11g 11.2, and Oracle VirtualBox 126.96.36.199.
- Maintained over 100+ CentOS/RedHat EL5/6 Linux systems running on Dell PowerEdge hardware, and VMware 4.1.0 ESXi virtualization software.
- Assisted in the maintenance of both hardware and virtual Microsoft 2008 R2 Enterprise servers. Configured Linux systems and users for Active Directory.
- Created custom RPM packages for nginx proxy servers, and Oracle 11.2 client.
- Installed, configured, and maintained ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer and created custom alerts used for monitoring critical systems.
- Created 100+ RPM packages from maintainer source for system and bioinformatics applications on the CentOS 6 platform.
- Maintained and configured spec files to automate the compilation and building of Open Source applications.
- Provided administrative and technical support of Red Hat/CentOS Enterprise 5/6 Linux systems for the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) at George Washington University.
- Utilized RT application in the tracking and documentation of troubleshooting of user, application, and system issues.
- Upgraded lab systems from version 5 to version 6 of Enterprise Linux OS.
- Migration of lab Centos/RedHat systems from NIS authentication to Microsoft Active Directory 2008R2, employing Kerberos 5, OpenLDAP 2.3/4, Samba 3.5, and Secure System Services (SSSD) 1.8.2.
- Configured and implemented Splunk, and Puppet 2.7 management software.
VoIP Systems Unix Administrator
- Participated in the maintenance, administration, and support of over 500+ Solaris 10/Red Hat Linux E5 based telephony softswitches for the TWC VoIP network infrastructure.
- Maintained and supported Cisco BTS 10200, Siemens HiQ 4200, F5 BigIP and Siemens IMS CMS applications.
- Administration, support, maintenance, and configuration of Movius IP Unity announcement server hardware and operating systems.
- Employed the Remedy ticket management system to respond to customer requests, and logging maintenance activity.
- Configuration, maintenance, administration, and support of Solaris 2.8/9 based webservers running Apache 2.0.55, and MySQL 4.0.21 databases for CensusTaker software.
- Administration and support of development CensusTaker systems employing Red Hat Linux OS on Dell 4300 Intel-Based servers with Apache 2.0.5x, and MySQL 4.0.2x
- Assisted in the design and configuration of IBM Blade Servers utilizing the Red Hat Linux Cluster implementation. Employed server configuration schemes for System Fault Tolerance/Redundancy, and High Availability.
- Compiled and maintained Open Source applications under GNU general public license agreement, including OpenSSL (FIPS), PKI, OpenSSH, Perl, and Perl/CPAN modules.
- Provided Product Support of Confidential 5.x learning systems under Microsoft IIS 4.0, 5.0 on Windows NT/2000 platforms and Red Hat Linux 7.x.). Remedy Ticket Resolution.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of Solaris 2.7/2.8 based webservers running Apache 1.3.x., and Oracle 8i.
- Installed and configured Perl-DBI/DBD modules and created scripts for web database access on PC Intel Solaris/Linux systems.
- Installation and configuration of Tomcat 4.1 JavaServer on Linux 2.219.
UNIX Administrator/Tech Support Engineer
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Provided 24/7 technical support to various customer accounts on MainstreetXpress 46020 Network Management System: ADSL/ATM circuit provisioning, MainstreetXpress 36170, Informix 7.x, and Sun Hardware/OS (Solaris 2.6). Remedy Ticket Resolution.
- On-site upgrades, hardware and OS (Solaris 2.6) support on Sun platforms (Netra, Ultra, Enterprise).
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Installed, configured, and administered intranet production and development servers. Supported Apache 1.3.x, Microsoft IIS 4.0, Tomcat 3.1, Perl5, and Oracle 8.x.
- Installation and configuration of Livelink and Inprise application servers.
- Created filesystems on MetaStor DM2000 RAID storage systems, using Solstice DiskSuite 4.x, and Veritas Volume Manager 3.x.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Installation, configuration, and administration of RDBMS systems consisting of (2) Sun Enterprise 450 (Solaris 2.51/2.6, Oracle 8i).
- Created and maintained RAID configurations of E-450 with Solstice Disk Suite 4.1
- Installation of software and OS patches for Y2K compliancy. Data migration and system upgrade.
- Maintenance and administration of Pell Grant RDBMS legacy systems, consisting of (2) SPARC 670MP (SunOS 4.1.4, Oracle 6).
- Created Disaster Recovery procedures of Pell Grant RDBMS, and assisted in Disaster Recovery planning process.
- Create monitoring scripts using Awk, Perl, sed, and ksh.
- Maintained backup tape library, and converted 8mm archives to DLT IV format.
- Supported RS/6000 systems employing Oracle 7.3.x., AIX 3.2, AIX 4.0 (SMIT).
- Maintained system logs, accounting, and created suppport documentation.
- Migration of data to Y2K compliant systems.
- Nightly and weekly backup of SASMI RDBMS filesystems
- Administration of Confidential financial/HR system, which consists of (2) DEC Alpha GS60s employing ASE TruCluster (Digital Unix 4.0e, Oracle 7.3.x, Oracle 8, PeopleSoft 7.5)
- Created and maintained RAID configurations on DEC ESA10000 storage array using HSZ70 controllers.
- Supported user Windows NT 4.0 LAN environment (TCP/IP). Installed, configured, and maintained internal Apache 1.2.x and Microsoft IIS 4.0 webservers.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Participated in the development of the National Telecommunications Architecture for the General Services Administration’s Public Building Service (GSA PBS NTA).
- Configured and maintained LAN/WAN using Cabletron MMAC series hubs and Cisco 25xx routers. Managed Frame Relay, ISDN, HDLC, SMDS technologies within a NOC environment.
- Employment of SNMP managers, including SunNet Manager 2.2.1., and HP OpenView B.04.11.
- Installed CAT5, fiber optic cabling, and network patch panels.
- Installed, configured, and maintained TCP/IP based networks in multiple platform environments using Novell Netware 3.x/4.x, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server, and Solaris 2.4/5.
- Performed network troubleshooting using Network General Sniffer.
- Created shell scripts on Linux IBM PC to automate remote backup, and dial-up connectivity of Linux workstations.