Highly organized Systems Engineer/Architect. Successfully developed the skill set needed to manage all phases of a projects life cycle: Conception through implementation. I enjoy the challenge of new technology.
Software/Operating System: Windows (2K16, 2K12, 2K8, 2K3, 2K), Cisco IOS, VMware (vSphere 6.x, 5.x, 4.x), Wireshark, jfrog Artificatory, GitKraken, Confluence Wiki & JIRA, Ansible Server,YAML scripting, CHEF, Microsoft Exchange(2K3, 2K, 5.5), Microsoft SMS (3.0, 2.0, 1.2) & SCCM 2007, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SQL (2K3, 2K, 7.0, 6.5), Symantec Evault, Cacti, Visio, Symantec Backup Exec., Legato Backup, ArcServe Backup, Linux (RHEL, Fedora), Citrix (Presentation Server 4.5, 4.0, Access Gateway, etc.), Novell Netware, Banyan Vines and several other packages (too many to list).
Hardware: HP, Dell, Confidential, CISCO, EMC (Converged Infrastructure, Celerra, Centera, Clariion), Nutanix, BlueCoat (ProxyAV), Fujitsu, WebShield Appliance (3300), InfoBlox, Brocade SAN Switch, Emulex, QLogic, iSCSI, NAS, SAN, RAID Standards (0, 1, 5, 10 & 50), (too many to list).
Programming: Microsoft Visual Basic (.NET, 6.0), Microsoft Visual C#, Powershell, VMWare PowerCLI, YAML Scripting, VB Scripting, Windows Bath files, FORTRAN, COBOL, MVS/JCL, SAS (P.C. and Mainframe), Kixtart Scripting ( too many to list).
Senior Server Engineer/Consultant
- Translate POC requirements into a functional Server Spec., produce design documentation, procure hardware/licensing and coordinate the installation and turnover of the environment to development teams while maintaining accepted corporate standards.
- Work with Confidential consulting on documenting, designing and testing On - prem Cloud environment for Confidential .
- Evaluate the existing VMware build process and make recommendation for improvement/automation.
- Write PowerShell scripts to combine data from ServiceNow, 4 VMware vCenter environment and Active Directory to decipher server ownership, update respective systems to one standard and forecast resource utilization.
- Automate the addition of production servers into Solarwinds (Resource Monitoring) during the build process and wrote script to resolve any AD to Solarwinds monitoring disparities.
- Utilize my previous design and DevOps experience to provide guidance, input and requirements to Confidential on the Internal Cloud builds utilizing Terraform, Chef and Confidential Cloud Automation Management.
Windows Automation Architect/Consultant
- Create YAML scripts to further automate the cloud build process for multiple MS OS offerings.
- Develop PowerShell scripts to automate VMWare template updates for a vRA cloud builds.
- Produce documentation and create/develop Confluence wikisite to identify the service offerings for the Windows Platform Engineering group.
- Track projects, effort and report effort through JIRA system.
- Translate internal Global Security findings and ever changing Audit requirements into an actionable plan (AD GPOs, Powershell scripts, and custom created APIs).
- Provide design level guidance on Active Directory infrastructure (DNS, ADFS, PKI, Schema additions, etc ).
- Take 9 undocumented Apps(C#)/Websites(IIS), identify network dependencies, create a migration strategy and collaborate with various technical groups to convert the app infrastructure to a cloud supported platform.
- Work Cloud Development on Windows Server image integration and automation through Ansible Windows Modules and Microsoft MDT.
- Create PowerShell API to perform DNS registration, computer object creation and additional functions for automated cloud server builds in the DMZ.
- Convert a manual MS patch download process to an automated PowerShell script (BOT) that downloads MS patches from the web based on the internal Monthly patch spreadsheet
Active Directory Architect/Consultant
- Design, deploy and build an Active Directory infrastructure to support a myriad of services and pre-existing global environments (Centrify, CyberArk, LyncEdge, PKI, entitlements, various W2K8 R2 domains and Custom schemas) to service the requirements of a new Windows DMZ ecosystem.
- Gather info from both senior management and technology teams to strategize on DNS design, Network setup, controlled access methodology and firewall requirements as it relates to internal and external communication.
- Vet the DMZ security design (FSMO, Group Policies, Schema extensions and Directory Permissions) with Microsoft Consulting services.
- Create automated domain build with Ms Utility
- Build temp sandbox to work through POC utilizing VMWare 6.0, W2K8R2 and W2K12
- Provide project status, updates, represent effort and address/escalate high impact issue through a global forum.
- Socialize, document and maintain environment standards through corporate wiki site.
Windows Architecture Lead/Sr. Windows Engineer
- Built, maintained and supported all VMware (Hardware/Software) environments.
- Managed, monitored and maintained all Windows Server systems (W2K8, W2K3, Infoblox DNS, Cluster Services, DFS, FSMO, OU’s, Group Policies, PKI Infrastructure ) throughout Confidential .
- Integrated 3rd Party applications into Active Directory infrastructure (using LDAPS, Group Policies and AD Hierarchy).
- Supported the upgrade and Installation of Exchange 2007 into the Active Directory Infrastructure
- Chaired global Windows Design team to discuss changes and new technology additions.
- Built VMware Infrastructure for VDI Proof of Concept
- Installed and configured SCCM 2007 to support maintenance and management of Windows environment
- Redesigned and optimized AD infrastructure through the use of updated replication topologies, more efficient OU structures and group policies (assignments/inheritance).
- Expanded W2K3 schema for the installation for the introduction of W2K8 into the enterprise.
Manager/Senior Technical Lead
- Migrated all technology and corporate services from the AMEX to the Confidential without incident.
- Migrated MultiDomain Windows 2003 environment to Windows 2008R2 (20+ DCs in QA, Corp and Trading Floor environments)
- Worked with Network Design Engineers to Identify migration strategy between AMEX and Confidential
- Worked with a myriad of vendors in renegotiating contracts in order to reduce costs and redundant services
- Provided management direction for several groups as well as acting as Senior Technical Windows Lead
- Designed, Tested and Installed all equipment for the American Stock Exchange Business Continuity Datacenter as well as finding the location and negotiating all contracts for the site.