- Software / UNIX Systems Infrastructure Expertise IBM Power Systems SME - strategist;
- P8-880 / P8-850, P8 5-P7 / P780-P7 / P595-P6 / P570-P6 / P590-P5 / P595-P5 / P690 Regatta environment builds and configurations, NIM environment strategy and configuration, VIO environment strategy and configuration, Ansible Tower, IBM Big Fix, Apache install and Config, Linux Rhel, YUM configuration and install on AIX, ITIL, Oracle system tuning, EMC technologies, Purestorage Flash Array //M50 (2) 500TB, HACMP upgrades, installs, Project Management, UNIX system upgrades, installs, administration, SP environment support, Tivoli and Legato Networker implementation, eTrust, Powerbroker FXboks, Software and Hardware Architect and Procurement, HMC network configurations and upgrades. AIX UNIX Virtualization Environment Strategies, Data Center Migration Strategies, Cost reduction by relocation of servers to strategic Data Centers, Systems Director6.2, Cloud computing AIX, LPM / NPIV IBM SME-strategist
- Systems Director
- System p LPAR and Virtualization III performance management
- Certified Specialist -- pSeries AIX System Administration
- AIX 5.1, AIX 5.2, AIX 5.3, AIX6.1 and AIX 7.2 update and experience
- HACMP System Administration II (Maintenance and Migration)
- AIX Fundamentals
- Catia Installation and Administration on IBM AIX platform
- Military, Army Reserve, 44E Machinist
Confidential, Tampa, FlSr. Systems Engineer
- Machining, Design, Inventions, Testing, prototype, 3D printing, Engineering Svcs., Short and Long run production.
- Medical Device - Savage Medical - Hip Implant prototype set and installation tooling
- Aerospace Aiborne/PEMCO machining projects
- Multiple parts and projects for DOD and military related part machining
- Utility Company Product machining and Testing with full reporting
- Brewery components machining and tooling
- Various Machine Part programming
Confidential, Tampa, Fl
Sr. Systems Engineer
- AIX - Up to 7.2 main. fix-packs and Upgrades
- IBM Hardware - Infrastructure Design Power8 - 824, 850, and 880’s
- Ansible Tower and use
- IBM BigFix, Admin, - security setup, Maint. and Remediation
- Apache install and Config
- Linux Rhel, YUM configuration and install
- Purestorage Flash Array //M50 (2) 500TB frames
Confidential, Tampa, Fl.
Infrastructure. Tech Spc - SME - VP
- P520, P5135, P550, P570 0 5, P795 - engineering, configuration, support and builds.
- Systems Director 6.2 w/plug-ins AEM, VM-Control
- 9179-MMA-780, 9119-FHA-595, 9119-FHB-795 operational s
- Major influence and idea for IBM’s new “Power-Flex” Licensing offering
- One of, if not the first Citi operational LPM (Live Partition Mobility) activity. Documented and presentations of a working sessions
- Writing of the BRD (business requirements document)for LPM
- Writing of the BRD for NPIV (N-Port Virtualization) Switch capable NPIV, strategies to maximize frame limitations
- Cost reduction through new technology implementations
- Consolidation of servers, through MES and new purchase strategies
- AEM strategy, utilizing iPDU via Tivoli Mon. and or IBM Sys Director, adding the ability to conserve on power consumption and prepare for Power7 enhancements
- MES drawer swaps in phased approach to benefit from PCI-X > PCI-e
- Upgrading VIOS to 22.214.171.124 FP22 to maximize NPIV strategies
- Upgrading VIOS to 2.2 FP24 to maximize NPIV strategies
- Lease refresh strategies, power*placement*SAN*Network*technology
- Migrations to close Data Centers with least impact and consolidation planning NIM master configuration (Network Installation Manager)
- Configured and maintain NIM Master updates to be inline with Global Engineering
- Configure NIM clients and NIM resources, procured SAN storage and provide and maintain mksysb images.
- Documented and gave class instruction on process for SA use.
- Reduced build times of a standard lpar by (3) hours.
- Several, and others in a support role to SA’s for build issues.
- Build out of VIO servers for DEV, COB/UAT, and PROD environments in SWDC and SSMD datacenters for ERP STE environments. Over 10 pairs w/ redundancy.. total 60 servers over 36 frames
- Provided and maintain documentation for Server and Client build strategies
- The first group to have VIO servers utilized at Citi in a production environment
- Currently duties are AIX/IBM SME strategist and process design for Hardware, HMC’s, VIO Servers, and Frames.
- Upgraded the initial VIO 1.2 installs to VIO 1.4.1 to 1.52 on 16 servers
- Set standard for I/O card placement for whole Corporation N.A. and other Countries with IBM on P570 / P595 / P780 / P795 P5/P6/P7 platforms
- Schedule and work with IBM on all Firmware upgrades, HMC’s and Frames
- Work with IBM on new Frame installs and I/O card placements among multiple projects
- Monitor and meet with Procurement to keep latest technologies available
- MES frames, activations, new I/O, drawer conversions PCI-X > PCI-e
- Associated and on Enterprise Virtualization Frame Management team/CTI NA Frame Management Team performing frame monitoring with phone home and new lpar builds across multiple projects and recently have stake in the Global positioning of processes
- Operational s for P780 / P795 and was lead on IBM Early Ship Program on 9119-FHB-795 frame
- Installed and tested WLM for CATE Engineering and provided documentation of test results
- Worked with Engineering, providing them with an environment for VIO testing.
- Completed Operational testing of VIO Server 1.4.1, 1.5.2, 2.1.1, and 2.2
- HMC update from 6.1.1 to 7.3.4 sp03 > 126.96.36.199 > to 7.7.2 and utilized for Cert. testing
- VIOS 2.2 FP24 upgrades for NPIV implementations
- SPT (System Planning Tool) successful deployments to optimize build and migration strategies. Work with IBM to better the product and reporting
- Capitalizing on investment, adding 11th PCI-e drawer to PCI-X frame to a phased approach MES for system expansion to gain retain feature rich compatibilities
- P690 & P590/P595 engineering, configuration, support and builds.
- Engineered and completed builds for - DWH environment (11) lpars on P690, P590, and P595 P5 environments, consisting of Dev., Prod., UAT/COB
- AbInitio, Oracle client, and standard application packages
- Engineered and completed builds for - BI environment (9) lpars on P690, P590, and P595 environments, consisting of Dev., Prod., UAT/COB
- Application installs include: Cognos, Reportnet, Powerplay, Oracle client, EssBase, and standard application packages
- Engineered and completed builds for Confidential Infolease environment (4) lpars on P690, P590, and P595 environments, consisting of Dev., Prod., and QA
- This was for Confidential, which required a duplicate environment for Infolease and standard application packages
- Engineered and completed builds for CitiCapital E-Billing environment (2) lpars on P690, and P590 environments
Confidential, Tampa, Fl.
Sys Administrator - Sys Architect
- Introduced a successful IBM Network Installation Manager: NIM environment for system updates, builds and system recovery
- Developed project plan and implemented an environment to decrease server down time for over 235 IBM servers consisting of over 70 projects. Led the placement and build of IBM P615 servers in 6 remote data centers as NIM Master Servers utilizing EMC disk technology
- Implemented the means of a private management network, that could be used to get server builds started prior to going onto production network
- Reduced restore time by up to 4 hours per server and new build times by over 8 hours
- Created and implemented a patch management strategy to restore and update clients via a central repository
- Implemented a consistent source for IBM teams to have the software updates needed to perform network builds, updates and restores without having to ship or transfer media. Reducing risk of bad or lost media through shipping, thus freeing resources and saving money
- Implemented secure transfer of build scripts ran by cron to perform backup images to NIM Masters and led the Patrol monitoring group for automated fail or success checking for client backups with reports
- Saved resource monitoring and gave attention for failed backups
- Installed, configured, and performed upgrades of HACMP
- Upgraded HACMP 4.3 to 4.5, then to 5.1
- Trained AIX group in a classroom setting for use and implementation of NIM environment, validating written processes
- Engineers now building, updating, and recovering failed systems in record times
- Developed and implemented IBM Regatta Environment with P690 configurations, (2) HMC’s per frame (4) frames STE (Std. Test env.), CTE (clec test env.), Prod (production env.), and Prod DR (production disaster recovery env.) (23) lpar’s Setup and configured
- Configured (4) NIM Master lpar’s for maintenance, recovery and updates for lpar’s, utilizing EMC disk technology
- Loaded standard build and led middleware team installs of Weblogic, Wily tools, F-secure and Oracle
- Led a team to build and run scripts to validate correct software levels and system parameters by comparison to each lpar
- Reduced incompatibility problems of changes that were not propagated to other environments
- Managed 8 projects with over 65 IBM AIX servers.
- Installed, upgraded, and performed maintenance tuning for Weblogic, Java, Websphere and Oracle
- Led monitoring of applications through corporate standard software applications
- Implemented maintenance level upgrades to the operating systems, applications, and oracle tuning updates.
- Supported troubleshooting of level 1 personnel when various problems arose from outages
Confidential, Orlando, Fl.
Sr.UNIX Systems Administrator
- Managed all IBM AIX servers through NIM to become Y2K compliant
- Implemented a NIM environment to efficiently update servers including IBM RS p-140, 43p-240, F50, R40, SP nodes, SP Control workstation, H50, H70, J30, 580, and R50
- Recommended strategy for implementation and received sign offs
- Scheduled time a and resources of personnel for production servers from each project for Y2K system update changes
- Implemented successful updates and upgrades for over 35 test servers to be Y2K compliant
- Implemented successful updates and upgrades for over 140 production servers to be Y2K compliant
- Proposed a backup strategy for 30 stand-alone servers to be backed up via network in place of a tape drive that had to be moved to each server for backups. Implemented a way for backups to be consistently scheduled automatically, reducing personnel resources by over 90%
- Configured an IBM F50 server to a NIM server, added ssa disk array to replace a tape drive
- Documented and gave to the group on use of NIM and functionality
- Reduced the need of shared group resources to maintain server backups of 30 stand-alone servers
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
- Implemented the future direction of UNIX server replacement, negotiating support and maintenance level agreements with vendors
- Reduced hardware costs and software license costs by grouping licensing
- Supported and trained users in CAD design and system capacities
- Taught users to modify their own personal parameters
- Reduced needed support from administrator by over 50%.
- Built and maintained upgrades and inventory of all software and hardware levels of new servers consisting of UNIX Systems IBM RS P-140, 43p-150, F50 Server, SGI Octane, Indigo 2, Onyx2, HP systems
- Enhanced the ability of knowing where and when to expect orders received, by generating reports to management
- Implemented new strategies of speed to market for system builds
- Implemented patch management strategy for various UNIX systems, including oracle parameters for the database servers.
- Reduced administrator involvement, to better focus on new technologies
- Enhanced proficiency of Oracle data base
- Implemented Tivoli and Legato Networker
- Co-developed strategy for cross platform Tivoli and Legato Networker with vendor, adding access points with front ends to each platform for backups
- Enhanced backup capabilities and provided single source