- System Administrator with 2 year of experience managing three tier physical/virtual infrastructure across multiple platforms (Unix, Linux) for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Experience in configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Effectively plan, install, configure and optimize the IT infrastructure using Oracle Enterprise Manager to achieve high availability and performance.
- Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business growth, organizational development and systems/network optimization.
- Rectified many issues by instituting best practices in system log analysis, user account/permissions management and systems/software auditing.
- Improved system security through setup and ongoing maintenance of system and network.
Programming Skills: HTML, Java, Perl
Databases: Oracle (SQL), Oracle 11g
Operating Systems: Windows Vista; 7; Windows Server 2003, Solaris 11
Capabilities: Active Directory Domain System, Install and configure DNS, DHCP, IIS, FTP, Manage group policies and ACL
Hardware: Spark T - series servers
- Evaluated and configured company’s Oracle spark servers.
- Troubleshoot and monitor system performance.
- Configured physical and virtual servers.
- Created physical and virtual network for new system.
- Recommended and implemented network enhancements that improved system availability, reliability, and performance.
- Optimized system availability and equipped company with scalable systems to support fast business growth.
- Assign resources to virtual servers (CPU, memory) using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Managed and monitor servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Build virtual zones for various environments. (Test, Development, Production)
- Installed COTS in the virtual server.
- Performed backup and recovery for CWR’s internal lab devices (SAN switches, Nexus-9k switches, Eternus storage array, fortigate firewall, etc).
- Performed quality assurance tasks to validate physical and virtual servers comply with client’s requirements.
- Performed periodic audit on the systems to validate vital functions are operational.
- Performed periodic maintenance of servers used in different environments. Updated operating system with oracle's latest version to improve system’s performance and security.
- Security harden systems to be compliant
- Performed quarterly validation of pre-and post-maintenance audit to ensure all major functions of the systems are operational, and verify no catastrophic changes to the system's infrastructure.
- Documented the migration of servers to include applications and databases.
- Assisted in a server upgrade project (Solaris 10 to 11).
- Documented server configurations and operation procedures.
- Performed laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of scientific data.
- Make detailed observations about experiments and provide basic data analysis.
- Provide summarized reports of research experiments.
- Assists with the preparation of technical reports, deficiency reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Overseeing scientific procedures performed in compliance with standard operating procedure (SOP) and protocols.
- Developed excellent communication skills to provide information to Principal Investigators regarding their projects.
- Effectively performed basic study related procedures as required.
- Schedule and attends regular team meetings.
- Perform data entry for research projects and maintain databases.