- Around 7 years of experience as a Linux Administration/ DevOps - Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, managing and releasing of code from one environment to other environment tightly maintaining Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in multiple environments like (DEVEL/TEST/STAGE & PROD).
- Experienced in AWS Cloud Computing services, such as EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto-Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, and snowball, EMR and Glacier.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Expertise creating complex IAM policies, Roles and user management for delegated administration within AWS, Supported AWS Cloud environment with 200+ AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and also experience in implemented security groups.
- Created lambda functions in Java that triggers and activates the pipeline which transforms the data in suitable format for loading into analytical tools. Familiarity with MS Azure, Open Stack cloud based technologies.
- I Have written the ansible playbooks for the linux admin tasks
- Written the ansible playbooks to setup the linux bonding and Written the ansible playbook to disable the firewall and selinux on 10k servers
- Scheduler, controller-manage, kube2consul Written the ansible playbooks for setting up the zoo-keeper Installed the casendra nodes, cluster using the ansible playbooks Configured the ELK stack using the ansible playbooks
- Experience in virtualization technologies like VMware infrastructure, including ESX/ESXi 4.x, 5.xand, vCenter, vSphere 5.x and associated VMware products. Creation of VMs, cloning and migrations of the Virtual Machines on VMware vSphere.
- Experience on all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete the CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experience with configuration management using Puppet, Chef and container management with Docker .
- Experience in writing Puppet modules for installation and configuration of various deployments on third party applications and knowledge on Vagrant
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Working experience in container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries.
- Experience with Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, GRADLE and working knowledge on other build tools like make file.
- Expertise in building of artifacts such as war, jar, and ear from source code using Apache ANT and Maven .
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case, Perforce and VSS.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server ( TFS ) instance, build controllers and build agents.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSql tools such as SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Cassandra.
- Installed, configured and administered application servers like WebLogic 10.x/11, WebSphere 7/6, Jboss 4.0.x and Tomcat 7.x/6.x/5.5 of application servers.
- Expertise in developing and implementing web applications using J2EE Technologies, which includes Servlets, JSP and Java Beans .
- Experienced with log monitoring tools like Monit, Splunk, Nagios, Tivoli and AppDynamics .
- Experience in customizing the Kickstart and Jumpstart scripts to automate the installation of various Red hat Linux servers used for various internal projects.
- Experienced on Task Scheduling & Systems backup using Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell scripting for RHEL.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting .
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Httpd, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, Sendmail, FTP, Remote Access , Security Management, Security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS .
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprises and Fedora.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as (Configuration of networks, router configuration and wireless security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WLAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel and wireless networks.)
- Experience in configuring rest API'S and Web API'S and troubleshooting issues.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson & Bamboo
Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting
Databases: MySql, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Crucible, Rally, Fisheye, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center.
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN
Web Technologies: JDBC, Servlets, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Ruby, Perl scripting, Python, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and optimized volumes, EC2 instances.
- Monitoring and Alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Worked on Physical to Cloud Migration in AWS. Developed AWS Cloud formation templates to create VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 , vSphere and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure
- Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins,
- Deployed the hardening of the linux prod servers using the ansible-playbooks
- Written the ansible playbooks haproxy servers
- Deployed the etcd, flanned service of Kubernetes cluster
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox. Worked on creation of custom Docker container images , tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Installed K8 GUI and Monitored the Pods, services, replication Factor, K8 Master, Nodes and their health status, docker container details, events and logs.
- Created deployments for various microservices and associated load balancer inside K8 Cluster.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting .
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Development of Chef recipes using Ruby Script through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in setting up the Chef repo, Chef work stations and Chef nodes .
- Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/security fix on Chef Server
- Wrote Ruby Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts to deploy the java based packages like ear and war on the WebLogic App server.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and also create new jobs and branches through Jenkins .
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, different branching & merging strategies, views, and the access control strategies .
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Worked on User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Experience in Package Management using RedHat RPM/YUM and RedHat Satellite server.
- Designed, implemented, maintained and troubleshooting of High available critical applications running on Apache and MySQL/PostgreSQL database.
- Installation, configuration and administration of JBoss, Apache, WebLogic, Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Setting up Security Groups and making them SSL enabled, SMTP setup to email directly for project status.
- Mounting & un-mounting the netapp storage LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered
- Implementation of NAT gateways for web apps hosted in private subnets .
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Collaborate with different teams to deploy application code into dev, QA, staging and production environments.
- Managed and worked with various different instances of EC2, creating AMI's, managing EBS volumes and configuring security groups, elastic ip's etc.
- Proficient in using all Amazon Web Services including EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB. Worked on Physical to Cloud Migration in AWS.
- Experience with AWS S3 services creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging.
- Using AWS Lambda, running scripts/code snippets in response to events occurring in AWS Cloud and maintaining it.
- Adopted Puppet for the Automation of the environment and worked on Installation, configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Worked on DOCKER different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized App Servers.
- Hands on experience in Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers. Performed TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP administration.
- Configured RedHat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Experience in configuration of MySQL, Mongo DB and PostgreSQL database on Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers. Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Installed Fuse to mount the keys on every Debian Production Server for password-less authentication.
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, GIT, and JUnit.
- Developed Build using MAVEN as build tool and used CI tools to move builds from one environment to other environments.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Provisioning virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using Vcloud .
- Configured, managed ESX VM's with virtual center and VI client (virtual Infrastructure client).
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Applied the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Performance monitoring using SAR, Iostat, VMstat and MPstaton servers and also logged to munin monitoring tool for graphical view.
- Worked with Splunk and AppDynamics monitoring using custom monitors, maintaining and adjusting existing monitors and responding to generated requests.
- Performed application installation and management on Red hat Linux, Ubuntu Linux servers for applications like JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Oracle DB.
- Responsible for day to day Build and deployments in pre-production and production environments.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Redhat Linux.
Build and Release Engineer
- Extensively worked on Installation and configuration of Redhat Linux 5 /6, IBM AIX 5.X and Windows 03/08 Servers on large distributed environment.
- Responsible for Development UIT, SYTEM, UAT,STAGING,PRODUCTION Build and Release.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile process.
- Baked the docker containers for many java based applications and deployed into the private docker registry (Jfrog Artifactory)
- Achieved CI/CD Pipeline by using the GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible Playbooks.
- Deployed the rolling’s (downgrade/upgrade) applications inside the K8 cluster without downtime.
- Achieved self healing by setting the replication factor to optimal value, high availability, fault-tolerance, resilience, cost-effective, deployments for various tools/apps or microservices inside K8 Cluster.
- Complete Infrastructure as code done through Ansible related K8 cluster, deployments, pods, services and replication factor.
- Good experience in AWS (Amazon Web Services) including deploying new server instances through automation with CHEF and Jenkins.
- Used CHEF to manage Web Applications, Config files, Database, Commands, and Users Mount.
- Experience in writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Configured JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features of JIRA with the build and release process.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN Provided end-users for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Points, Packages Managed Tortise SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging .
- Used ANT Scripts to automate the build process, Automated Build and Deployment process by using Perl/Shell scripts.
- Extensively worked on migrating VMs from physical to virtual (P2V) environment.
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers .
- Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into WebLogic and Apache Servers.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.