- Sr. Systems Engineer with 6+ years of experience managing large scale enterprise data centers with core skills revolving around complete Linux (CentOS, RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu) installation, configuration & troubleshooting.
- Extensively worked with VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0, vCenter Server, Host Clustering with HA, DRS, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, vMotion, Physical to Virtual Migration and Managing SAN Datastores with, iSCSI, NFS & FC.
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, Windows Server 2008 - R2/2012-R2 and SUSE Linux 10.x/11.
- Experience working with Bash Scripts, Perl Scripts Python.
- Support experience with DNS in a corporate environment under Unix / Linux
- Experience launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 (AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring the servers for specified applications. Performed data management using native Linux utilities for archiving and compression.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX Red Hat Linux Systems.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, VMware 4.x/5.x/6.x, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Build/Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson & Bambo.
Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting.
Databases: MySql, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server.
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, Jboss.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center.
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Visual SVN.
Web Technologies/Programing Languages: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Ruby, Perl scripting, Python, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Sr. System Engineer (Linux/VMware)
- Support experience with DNS in a corporate environment under Unix / Linux/ Solaris
- Performance Tuning and Management for Linux server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Preventive maintenance (OS Patching) of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 (AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring the servers for specified applications. Performed data management using native Linux utilities for archiving and compression.
- Extensively involved in troubleshooting bottlenecks of Memory, CPU, Devices and network using ps, vmstat, iostat, netstat, sar, snoop, nfsstat and sar commands, tuning the performance.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Experience with Deploying and Supporting Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp 7 and Citrix Provisioning services Farms.
- Set up mount points on Solaris servers for Oracle database.
- Customized user environment for users. Configured and Maintained RAID levels 0,1,5,6.
- Creating the file systems using Red Hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Administered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain as a CI/CD process, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/ Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Create templates for users, application servers for faster VM deployments
- Hands on experience in updating / upgrading ESX servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS, FT in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure
- Create thin provisioned VMs as per client application requirements and expanding Hard Disk sizes as requested.
Confidential, Collierville, TN
Linux, VMware & DevOps System Administrator
- Installation, Configuration & Upgradation of Linux 6/5 operating systems.
- Installing Red Hat Linux using kick start and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies. Performed package administration on Linux using rpm and yum thru RHN Satellite and subscription manager.
- Creation and modification of local and global zones, zone parameters, and file systems on local and global zones.
- Create, monitor and maintain the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures.
- Improve the build/release processes.
- Assist in establishing and enforcing standards that will improve the ease of automating the build and release process. Create and maintain multiple test environments.
- Deploy builds to multiple test and production environments.
- Create and maintain documentation of the build/deployment systems and processes as well as development/test environments.
- Day to day activities include installing, configuring and management of VMware Horizon View Virtual desktops, RDS Hosted Desktops and Citrix XenDesktop in USAA VDI Virtual Environment
- Administrating SVN like create and maintain new repositories, adding SVN users and authenticate and access request for new users. Installation of RPM packages to upgrade Linux packages.
- Design, develop, and support UNIX system images using Solaris jumpstart, HP-UX Ignite, and RedHat KickStart.
- Configure Linux Redhat servers with Kickstart, LDAP, DNS, and DHCP and connect to Network. Integration of Windows Active Directory with Linux/Unix Servers.
- Deployed RedHat Satellite Server with custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the Linux environment. Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on following services: DHCP, SSH, SCP.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager, LVM, Veritas File System, and Veritas Cluster Server.
- Installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of VERITAS NetBackup application.
- Maintenance of Veritas/Sun/Redhat Cluster Server for high available systems and configured resource group/service groups from scratch and tested for failover. Configuration of NIC bonding and IPMP on Linux and Solaris.
- Creation of VMs and install different guest OS. Hands on configuring HA, DRS, vMotion and installing VMware tools
- Manage VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), vMotion and High Availability (HA) Clusters. Worked closely with Storage and Networking teams to manage the allocated EMC SAN, Fiber and Networking Infrastructure.
- Implementation and troubleshooting VMware ESXI 5.x Hosts, VMware vSphere virtual center.
- P2V and V2V conversions by using VMware Converter
- Configuration of Global File System (GFS) and SFRAC for oracle RAC cluster configuration.
- Supporting and troubleshooting Linux and UNIX servers’ day to day problems.
Linux, Unix, VMware Admin
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Red-hat Linux, AIX, HP-UX operating systems.
- Installation of patches and packages, Installation & configuration of Jumpstart/Flash archive, Ignite and kickstart servers. Administered DNS, NIS, NIS+ and NFS, Send Mail and involved in troubleshooting.
- Worked with VERITAS Cluster Server 4.0/3.5/2, Red hat Cluster Server.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System and Veritas Cluster Server; Maintaining and troubleshooting VCS for Failover and redundancy.
- Responsible for creating, cloning Linux Virtual machines using VMWare virtual client 3.5.
- Disk and File system management through Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager, Logical Volume manager.
- Experience with Jumpstart & Kickstart Installations on Solaris & Linux. Experience with NetIQ Access Manager
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8. x. Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Performed the administration of the Domain Name Server and configuration of the Database Files.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Installed and Configured Sendmail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers. Administering NFS Mounts.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities.
- Monitored overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management. Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Backing up and restoring files across the network.
- Configuring & handling Samba servers on Linux and managing file system.
- Installation, Configuration, and Administration of Websphere and Apache Servers.
- Having production experience supporting and deploying to web application servers such as BEA WebLogic, Red Hat JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, and Apache HTTPD servers.
- Planning and implemented Disaster Recovery sites from the scratch; Involved in disaster recovery testing every quarter. Backup management and recovery policies using Veritas NetBackup.
- Experience of Storage Area Network/SAN, EMC Symmetrix/ Clarriion.
- Interacting with various teams such as Oracle database team and NetBackup team.
- Interaction with vendors for Hardware and software supports.
- Installed and configured VMware VSphere 4.1/4.0 ESX/ESXi nodes.
- Administration of environment running ESX/ESXi Hosts and Virtual Machines.
- Manage Virtual Machines, Installing VMware Tools, Creating Templates, Cloning, Deploy Virtual Machines using Templates, Converting Physical to Virtual Machines.