An accomplished System Administrator with extensive knowledge open to offer what I have acquired in all facets of the administration of Linux servers and services. I have experience in installation, configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining Linux/Unix servers, software, hardware and related infrastructure. I also have strong analytical skills; able to work with network engineers, and developers of all disciplines to troubleshoot complex system - level issues. Currently seeking a position as a Linux/Unix position, bringing 5+ years of experience and knowledge.
Operating Systems: Linux (RHEL 6&7, Centos 6&7) Unix (Solaris, 10&11) Window 2008/2012 and VMware ESXi 6, AIX 7.1
Account Managemen t: Create, Manage, and Delete user accounts & directories | Create shares and assigned permissions
Web Servers: Technical Analysis | Migrations | Upgrades |Multi-Platform Networking| Systems Integration | Technology Operations Management
File sharing: NFS| SCP| FTP | WINSCP | SAMBA | SFTP
File systems: Create and partitioned HDD| Mount Points | LVM | ZFS | Directories
Troubleshooting: Server performance | Website performance | Hardware failure | Application & Services
Builds: VMware vSphere| VMware ESXi, HMC lpar/LoP
Server Monitoring: Nagios| Nimsoft | HP System Management |HP Open View Performance Manager
Tools: Cron Jobs
Interpersonal skills: Excellent communicator, great work ethic & coachable
Terminal Emulation tools: SSH, RDP, TELNET, PUTTY, VNC
Protocols: SMTP | ICMP | HTTP | HTTPS | TCPIP | DNS | DHCP
Application: UDB, MongoDB, MYSQL, Simpana, Presto, Hadoop Platform, Hive, Kafka, Middleware, Websphere, PureScale, Boomi, Drupal, etc
Operating Systems: Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 | XP | Professional, RHEL/Centos 6 & 7 | Solaris 10 & 11
Software: MS Office Suite, Oracle Enterprise Managers (OEM), Acrobat 7.0 Professional, Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point
Networks / Protocol: DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, LAN, WAN, POP3, VPN, SMTP, FTP, SSH, TELNET, VLAN
Unix/Linux System Engineer
- Manage system/application environment and ongoing operations, ensuring technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture/applications that meet enterprise standards
- Assist with researching, designing, implementing and testing of technology solutions
- Monitor and report performance and utilization of assigned technologies
- Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures, resolves alerts, performs remediation activities
- Provides input into processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
- Assists with determining migration and upgrade impacts and diagnosing/resolving technology/application errors
- Collaborates and assists IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
- Experience with in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
- Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
- Work on OIG audit security compliance
- Resolve Incident tickets, work Order, Request, and follow the change management procedure with server migration, Integration, patching, decommissioning etc
- Experience working with Rhel 5/6 & 7, AIX 7.1
- Offer support to all environment Includes WebSphere, we platform, Hadoop, database, security, storage, monitoring etc.
- Experience with NFS, LVM/filesystem in Red hat/AIX
- Infrastructure Operating System and Application Support such as ( Boomi, Nodejs, Presto, Big Data Hadoop Apps.,
- Installation, Configuration, Supporting Commvault (simpana) backup agents
- Installed and Configured SAMBA Server in Linux for accessing the shared files from the windows environment troubleshooting Issues related to NFS, NIS, LVM, Grub corruption, configuration and maintenance of RAID (level 0, 1, 5) and clustered servers
- Worked with job scheduling tools crontab and AutoSys
- Create and configure guest virtual machines using VMware.
- Setup, create, clone and configure the virtual servers using VMware vSphere Client
- Experience with Linux Package management (yum /rpm) and Linux Patch management using ansible.
- Continuously improve day-to-day processes through automation and creation of tools
- Experience with Docker/containers deployment, Docker Imaging and patching Supporting OpenShift environment with Kubernetes for orchestration/High availability.
- Knowledgeable and support of Kafka Clustering configuration, zookeeper and administration
- Virtualization experience Open stack, KVM, Cloud.
- Experience installing, configuring and deploying, troubleshooting, maintaining MySQL, MongoDB databases, UDB and Postgres on virtualized/containerizes platform.
- Configuration, maintaining, and utilizing Nagios, Nimsoft, Splunk for monitoring network bandwidth, infrastructure and hard drive status, and server health.
Multi-Platform System Administrator
- Experience with build, configure servers from crash and provision to the network
- Experience installing, upgrading and configuring Centos and Rhel, 6 & 7 using Kickstart server.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in CentOS 6/7, RHEL 6/7 and Solaris 10.
- Configures DNS, NFS, FTP, HTTP, NTP, remote access, and security management.
- Installs, upgrades and manages packages via RPM and YUM package management
- Installs, configures and supports Apache on Linux production servers.
- Administers and manage VMware Infrastructure Client
- Responsible for scheduling, monitoring and implementing patching
- Investigate events and problems to determine root cause
- Logging and tracking support calls with remedy and service now ticketing tool
- Provide on-call support by rotation to provide 24x7x365 support
- Managing infrastructure hardware peripheral devices and troubleshooting network issue
- Risk management optimization with high level mitigation skills
- Collaborate with network team to migrate firewall
- Patching and resolving vulnerability scan
Confidential, Largo, FL
Linux/Unix/Window System Support Engineer
- Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in RedHat Linux and Windows.
- Experience in installation, configuration, backup, recovery, maintenance, and support of Several Unix/Linux Servers.
- Analyze, troubleshooting, and resolve RedHat Linux and Server Hardware, Network problems in a logistic Server environment.
- Performed RPM and YUM package installations, patch and server management.
- Installed and configured Logical Volume Manager - LVM and RAID.
- Documented all setup procedures and System related Policies (SOP’s).
- Created and maintained user’s accounts, profiles, security, rights disk space and process monitoring.
- Experience Building servers in VMware and managing over 1500 virtual machines
- Experience with troubleshooting, patching and day to day administration of windows servers
- Installation and configuration and build of all new physical and virtual windows 2008/2012 servers
- Building new domain controllers for all environment and adding system and resources to the domain
- Experience Creating accounts, group policies and setting permission in active director configuration of file and print sharing, and drive mapping
- Install and supported software and hardware for over 300 desktops and laptops
- Provided Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support.
- Windows Server Administration (Windows 2000, 2003 & 2008)
- VMWare Administration, Hyper-V and Active Directory Administration
- TCP/IP, DNS Network Troubleshooting
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Desktop Support / Junior System Administrator
- TCP/IP, DNS Network Troubleshooting
- Account Administration- Created user accounts, Groups and assigned permissions in a domian
- Configured Nagios server to monitor uptime, services and file systems
- Presented recommendations to change management board
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Remote into user computers via SSH & RDP
- Configured and managed network interfaces
- Racked and added physical servers to network
- Installed and configured web applications
- Configured Raid on virtual and physical servers
- Patched desktops. Laptops and servers.
- Improve response time to technical issues by 23 percent.
- Improve system performance by working with the development team to analyze, identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Ensure data recoverability by implementing system and application level backups.
- Reduce security breaches by 3 percent through detailed risk assessments, implementing solutions and authorizing new security standards.
- Develop and conduct network training for employees that reduced help desk calls by 15 percent.