I am seeking a long - term position with a stable company allowing me to contribute my professional value in an industry that offers the opportunity to work and learn. I have 22 years’ experience in networking, infrastructure, systems administration and management. I am constantly learning and plan to direct my career toward Cisco infrastructure and security. I am comfortable communicating with C-level executives, end-users and technicians in all areas of specialization. I am a team-player, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and excel with projects requiring abstract reasoning and complexity. I am service oriented and seriously dedicated to my employer’s internal and external clients as indicated by my tenure and work history.
HARDWARE CONFIGURATION, SECURITY & ADMINISTRATION:
Cisco IOS & Routers/Switches: 1700, 1750, 2000, 2750, 2811, 2950G, 2960S/X 3580G, 3750, 3850 catalyst series, 6509. Nexus 5K, Nexus 9K
Cisco VPN: Concentrator 3000, 9000, PIX 501, 501e, ASA 5505, 5515, MFD 891, 5512, 5555
Juniper: SSG5, SSG140, 320M series, Netscreen 5200, SA SSL VPN
Other Firewalls/Appliances: Palo Alto 220 and 800, Fortinet 111C and 110C, Arista 7280 switches, Cisco SourceFire appliance, Barracuda 400, 500 series, Cisco Ironport, Cisco Prime, Fortinet, Firebox, SonicWall, SAN, Compellent, NAS, Veritas, Backup Exec, Double-take, Veeam.
Telecom: Cisco Unity Call Manager 10.0, CME, Cisco Telepresence, Intertel Axxess PBX Programming, Mitel PBX 5000, Call Center Manager, Call Reporting, Automated reporting, call-recording, network troubleshooting, QoS
Protocols: DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SMTP, WEP, GREP, VPN, DMVPN, SSH, TLS, Telnet, SFTP, SSL, TCP/IP StackIPv4, IPv6, RDP, RTPS, RIP, POP, IS-IS, IGRP/EIGRP, OSPF, OTV, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IMAP, IRC, LDAP, NETFLOW, NNTP, SIP, SNMP, SMTP, SOCKS, IPSec, IKE, CA, AH, ESP, DES, DH, MD5, SHA RSA, SIP, MGCP, SCCP, SIP, Frame Relay, ATM, PPP, HDLC, ISDN, PRI, ISDN, CAS, Analog, T1/E1 PRI, E&M etc.
Software & Enterprise Systems Administration: Active Directory configuration and management, MS Exchange Server, IIS, Server, SQL Server 2005 & 2008. MySQL, Windows OS NT4.0 - Windows 10, Office365 and various cloud solutions, ASDM, Citrix Metaframe Server/XenApp Server, Solarwindws, Orion Netflow Analytics server, Whatsup Gold, HyperV, Kerio POP3 email, Linux Centos/Ubuntu web servers, VMWare, Oracle VM, LAMP and WAMP stacks,. Advanced experience with Adobe Acrobat, Adobe CS4, CS5, Flash, Dreamweaver, Drupal 5-7, Embarcadero ER Studio, MS Office, MS Project, Visio, Photoshop, QuickBooks, WireShark, Symantec AV, Trend Micro, and WordPress
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance and monitoring of all routers and switches for 230 facilities nationwide.
- Installation, configuration and deployment of Fortinet 111C, 110C. Palo Alto 220 and 800 series firewalls.
- Configuration and management of Arista 7280 switches.
- Configuration and deployment of Cisco 2960s/x Catalyst switches.
- Management of Solarwinds server and all telemetry for LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Project management to prepare all sites for VoIP using Python scripting.
- Preparation and maintenance of WAN/LAN diagrams and procedural documentation.
- Troubleshooting WAN infrastructure issues and day to day communications for all facilities.
- Troubleshooting and configuration of Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure and administration of Cisco Prime.
Senior Network Administrator
- Responsible for maintaining and configuration for all routers and switches, network security and WAN infrastructure.
- Managed a $6million disaster recovery and business contingency plan; built out data centers in Houston and Plano TX to host all operations in the data center environment. Worked with consultants from Earnst & Young to get the initial project approved.
- Configured each data center with UCS, Nexus fabric interconnects and Nimble storage. Used Nexus 9k core switches with 2 ASRs for OTV traffic between each location. This was a full mesh topology.
- Responsible for WAN links, data and Wifi over VSAT and WiMAX for all offshore operations in the Gulf of Mexico supporting 26 platforms and the central production vessel, the HP-1.
- Responsible for all ASA Firewall configuration and maintenance for site-to-site and AnyConnect Clients.
- Upgraded Cisco CUCM to version 10 with Jabber client and migrated all voice services to SIP.
- Troubleshooting WAN infrastructure issues and day to day communications for the entire company including all voice and VOIP.
- Designed redundant systems using HSRP, EIGRP mesh topology, OSPF and OTV.
Senior Network Administrator
- Managed all Cisco ASA Firewall appliances for site-to-site and remote software clients.
- Assumed management for all network and telecom support of PBA Stones, quarry operations in Vitoria Brazil to resolve issues with Cisco VPN, Call Manager Express and Wireless network. Office moves, configuration of all Cisco gear and circuit provisioning in Dallas, San Antonio and Austin.
- Extensive documentation for all network gear, IOS Versions, IP schema, and all circuit information. Created layered Visio models of network infrastructure showing LAN, WAN, MPLS, wireless and VPN across the enterprise.
- Implemented Solarwinds Helpdesk, Orion Netflow Analytics server, automated new-hire forms and forms for various departments. Management of 6 technicians. Consulting with third party service providers for Cisco, Nimble and Dell products.
- Project Manager and Technical Lead designing failover and disaster recovery plan for Exchange, SQL, 54 VM Servers between data centers located in Houston and San Marcos.
- SAN upgrade to accommodate immediate/live failover environment for SQL intense applications, for production environment and software division (published applications) for external clients of Eplan Partners.
- Participated and coordinated server and VM upgrades to MS Server 2012 to utilize HyperV more effectively.
- Managed consultants, carrier and third parties to convert all telecom to SIP during upgrade of Cisco Unity to 9.0. Identified 780 unused provisioned lines and recommended they be removed or ported if in use which resulted in significant cost savings.
Contract IT Consultant
- Network Consultant, CenterPoint Energy, Assisted NOC team in upgrading Cisco IronPort Security Appliances and configuration of (TLS) Transport Layer Security, the successor to (SSL) Secure Sockets Layer protocol. Installation and Configuration of IronPort Hardware: one C380 in the lab environment and two C680s and one M780 for production. Upgraded ESA IOS to current, migrated policies, rules, email authentication settings and s.
- Project manager and lead technician on Office relocation project for Keefe, Bruyette & Woods (KBW US); relocating operations from Houston to Austin. Coordinate with New York office to inventory, configure and dismantle all network and infrastructure, preparing equipment for reconfiguration and redeployment.
- Project manager for office relocation to Austin for Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Financial, provisioning and configuring 2 MPLS circuits and 1 PRI for voice network. Reconfigured internal and external IPs on Cisco 3560s for redundant connections to NY office. Setup BGP, EIGRP, interfaces and ACLs with circuit information from the provider. Included Windows 2008 server, KVM switch, remote access and backup devices.
- Completed a project for SunGard Data Center NOC (Network Operations Center) in preparation for VoIP expansion across the SunGard WAN.
- Created internal documentation for the NOC voice, data, security and monitoring to include Visio floor plan, network diagram and installing Cisco managed switch.
- Providing voice and data services including Exchange management, business contingency, virtualization, NAS, SAN, disaster recovery for offices located in Houston and across the south.
- Engineered and designed the corporate enterprise information systems, desktop support, network, telecom, security and infrastructure. Directing, managing and supporting all aspects of technology, managing growth from $80 million to $900 million in annual revenue over the last seven years.
- Configured, installed and managed all firewalls appliances, routers, switches and network infrastructure.
- Networked the nationwide call center of 11 Mitel PBX switches over MPLS and fiber, using VoIP to meet the needs of our clients 24 hours a day.
- Setup and installed 3-tiered business contingency plan for 95% of business critical data, voice and applications to date. Implemented a disaster recovery plan allowing Confidential to support offices in all time zones. Collocations built internally, in Tier 4 data centers in Houston and New York. Four 100M fiber circuits provide inbound and outbound traffic redirect between HQ and the two data centers for voice and data.
- Responsible for all issues of network security compliance, ISO 9000, 9001 and PCI compliance. Our clients included financial institutions, government contracts and energy companies who each required that we meet their unique security conditions.
- Responsible for providing documentation, reporting and testing required for internal and external security audits; security risk assessment, reporting, corporate security compliance awareness, emergency response, security project implementation and oversight.
- I personally configured the routers, firewalls and VPN appliances, telecom systems and mentored my IT staff throughout expansion. I was directly responsible for detailed technical and strategic business planning; designing solutions for corporate clients in the oil & gas, engineering and financial industry through the global distribution of services.
- Responsible for all telecom projects related to circuit installs, cutover, provisioning, toll-free, international dialing, VoIP, SIP and MPLS.
- Responsible for the corporate intranet, corporate travel portals, 15 affiliate websites and proprietary and third-party applications.
- Traveled to Mumbai and Pune India to establish offshore accounting operations with WNS, participated in negotiating fees and subsequently configured VPN and VoIP communications between HQ and Pune office with twenty employees.
- Collectively saved over $750,000 over three years by reducing circuit counts, bandwidth utilization, vendor negotiations between all third-party service providers.
- Technology Advisor for GSM Partners, a global consortium of high-end travel agencies allowing us to consolidate travel information feeds, providing global reporting for clients with offices in 32 countries.
Senior WAN Administrator
- Network administrator for 250 users in various cities for all data, software, hardware, networking, remote access, and telecom. Worked with operations to implement global corporate accounts including Amerada Hess, Bechtel, Goldman Sachs and Schlumberger.
- Configuring PIX 501 and VoIP phones for 80 home-based agents across the country.
- Exchange administration, staging servers, configuring firewalls, LAN2LAN between offices, PBX cabling, installs and programming. Network troubleshooting, support for all peripheral devices, remote printers, gateways and hardware.
- Spent two years in MIS working on UNIX based systems, ADSX, RallyMAX and became the first employee to attend for TravelMan in Atlanta. TravelMan was subsequently adopted by the organization and eventually purchased by Sabre. I assumed the position of regional MIS supervisor within my second year. Transferred to IT and transitioned reporting to MIS in Dallas. Converted the office from token ring to Ethernet. Responsible for Novell Netware server installs and administration until we migrated to Microsoft 2000 servers, Exchange and local LAN and all IT support for the Houston office, remote agents and corporate on-sites. MS Certified for Server 2000.
- Pioneered use of VoIP phones at Confidential in 1999 and successfully introduced the technology subsequently adopted in all offices and onsite locations. ACD call routing, monitoring, SLAs, call tracking, accounting and call recording.
- Built, managed and hosted the data aggregation servers for a pre-trip reporting tool that initially served Goldman Sachs in 2000. Improvements in mid-office technology eventually allowed this to be offered to all corporate clients.