An accomplished Computer and Network Engineer, with over 20 successful years of experience in a wide variety of environments, to include Cisco Networks, Unix/Linux environments, Windows Server, DNCS/RNCS sites, VOD and SDV environments, VMWare/UCS chassis, video networks, wireless networks, QOS environments, as well as planning and execution of large scale technology proposals and project management. Highly knowledgeable in many computer programming languages including PERL, PHP, and BASH. Configuration of devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, and access points made by multiple vendors to include Cisco, Palo Alto, Nexus, and Windows.
- Cisco Certified, to include CCNA Route/Switch and a few DNCS and VMWare related s, and currently working towards CCNA Security.
- Four years in a Top Secret classified computer and networking environment which was based on Unix systems, Satellite communications, and real time intelligence data
- Proficient in various computer languages, to include C++, PHP, Flash, Core ASCII, ASP, PERL, Unix, and Linux.
- Deployment, System Admin/Maintenance, and troubleshooting experience with Unix, DB applications, Linux, and Windows desktop to 2012 server. Active Directory, Solarwinds, and DHCP server experience as well.
- Security expertise covers physical, network, and server engineering with a very strong background in firewall, wireless, and QOS security solutions. Many years of experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Sonicwall s,, Fortinet, and PFSense firewall s to include deployment, rule genera tion, troubleshooting, incident response, and VPN setup. Experience with Cisco ITS, Anti - Malware, and Sonicwall. Have worked in and complied with PCI-DSS and HIPAA environments
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Senior Network/Principle Engineer
- Presided as Senior Network/VMware Engineer Level 3 advisor for other teams of engineers.
- Worked with the design, configuration, and implementation and upgrade of Cisco switches and routers, Storage devices, and VMWare, Completed network design, troubleshooting, and production concept proofing.
- Worked with VMWARE ESXi, VCenter, an Isilon stoarge hardware to deploy, troubleshoot and maintain customer virtual environments
- Helped diagnose and maintain the networks that included Nexus MDS 9k, Nexus7k, Nexus 5k, Cisco 3560 s for distribution, and Nexus 3k management layer switches. Also diagnosed, maintained and upgraded Cisco UCS 6296 s
- Worked with other teams to help diagnose network problems and fix security issues. Facilitated problem solving tickets and cases with Confidential /VCE and Cisco. Used remote access to facilitate hardware fixes at remote sites.
- Created documents and taught Level 2 engineers procedures to complete tasks.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Senior Network/NOC Engineer / Supervisor
- Presided as Senior Network Engineer and NOC Engineer as well as Technical Supervisor for a team of NOC engineers, Level 2, and Level 1 engineers.
- Worked with the design, configuration, and implementation of Cisco switches and router, Fortinet, Sonicwall, and PF Sense firewalls. HP, IBM, and Netgear switches we also used to complete network design, troubleshooting, and production concept proofing.
- Worked with domain profiles, and manipulation of Active Directory, and file servers that consisted of 2012 and 2008 Windows Server, as well as Linux devices.
- Worked with VMWARE ESXi, VCenter, IBM, 3par, and Nimble SAN hardware to deploy, troubleshoot and maintain customer virtual environments
- Helped diagnose and maintain the Confidential core network that included provider NID equipment, Nexus7k core, Cisco 6509 for distribution, and Cisco 3560 access layer switches, a Corerro layer 7 packet sniffing device, and Fabric switches.
- Worked with the design, configuration, and implementation of network security services including Cisco and site to site VPN and Client connections, and rule revision and restructuring.
- Lead many network diagnosis trip to customer sites to find issues with network traffic and next step documentation.
Confidential, Peoria, IL
Senior Network Engineer
- Facilitated a managed services solution for the company, to aid recovery time from network disasters.
- Presided as Senior Network Engineer for a team for a major network upgrade including 4500x and 3850 stacked switch installation, new LWAPP AP network installation, CUBE router installation and SIP trunk testing. Improved overall network efficiency through successful upgrades and strategic changes to optimize traffic, cable management, and throughput.
- Worked with the design, configuration, and implementation of Cisco 3900, ASR1000 series routers, Cisco 4500, 6500 and 3850 switches, as well as LWAPP controllers and wireless AP s.
- Worked with company resources to transfer machines to company domain profiles, and manipulation of Active Directory server databases to determine unused data.
- Worked with VMWARE and IBM SAN hardware to deploy, troubleshoot and maintain
- Worked with help desk and Windows 2008 servers to automatically notify help desk when individual processes go down to take more of a proactive stance versus defensive.
- Worked with the design, configuration, and implementation of network security services including Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco and site to site VPN with BGP and MPLS, and NAC systems
- Lead design, confirmation and implementation of network routing protocols, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF for many international Confidential locations.
- Provided 2nd and 3rd level troubleshooting for all routing and switching platforms utilizing network analysis tools, including diagnosing problems with Windows Servers on VMWARE platform, and SAN devices.
- Worked closely with the VoIP Team to configure and install IP Telephony services, including voice gateways, routers, and QoS/CoS, SIP Trunks over BGP/MPLS networks on a Cisco 3925 CUBE router.
Confidential, Littleton, CO
- Worked as a team lead and SME in building, maintaining and others in a lab environment.
- Worked on various platforms to include UCS, DNCS (4.2 - EC 7.0), and DTACS to include installs, upgrades, and migrations.
- Worked with Unix and Linux systems using BASH and PERL scripting to execute complex instructions to aid in upgrades and installs.
- Travelled to sites to facilitate upgrades and troubleshooting with clients.
Confidential, Lawrenceville, GA
- Higly trained for about 6.5 years in Video networks to include DNCS, GQAM, MQAM, QPSK, IPTV, VOD, SDV, UCS, VmWare, RF Gateway, USRM, DTACS, DCM, and TED
- Installed Labs and production systems, updated technologies, and explanded systems.
- Routinely upgraded and installed systems for major cable companies throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda
- Very proficient in Unix, Linux, Multicast routing, and Route/Switch configurations to include using BASH and PERL scripting to execute complex instructions to aid in upgrades and installs.
- Have studied ASR9K and CRS platforms
- Configured Cisco switches and ASR routers for tunneled communications and VPN access.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Conducted a site survey using Cisco AirMagnet software to specifically support wireless voice and RFID technologies.
- Deployed Cisco wireless Access Point s using Cisco Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP) to create a wireless network.
- Configured Cisco WiSM blade controllers and multiple 6509 core chassis to support the new wireless
- Configured Cisco WCS Server, Cisco ACS Servers, Cisco ASA servers, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco 7921 Phones, Csico Clean Access Servers
- Provided Day 2 support and for the customer to ensure a seamless transition
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Network/VOIP Consultant/Wireless Consultant
- Deployed Cisco 7900 series Unified IP phones to work with a Cisco Unified Call Manager.
- Deployed Cisco 1130AG and 1240 Access Point s and Cisco wireless controllers along with Cisco Clean Access, long range wireless controllers up to 20 miles, DNS, DHCP, T - 1, etc.
- Set up labs and supervised deployments
- Provided Day 2 Support
- Deploy and maintain a vast network utilizing various network components
- Deployment, configuration, and maintenance of such components as 802.11 wireless 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz radios to cover distances up to 20 miles
- Internetworking various components to include Cisco routers and switches, HPNA equipment, including switches and end - user modems, also many other types of routers and switches to include Planet, Netopia, and Eastern Research
- Deployment, maintenance, and configuration of T-1 lines and routers, including hand building a quad port T-1 Linux router from scratch
- Working heavily in Customer Service, both in phone support and personal visits, to fix TCP/IP and DNS issues to enable users to connect to any type of network to include HPNA, Ethernet, and wireless access points
- Configuration and deployment of Nomadix, HSG, and ISG equipment for hotels. Setup of VPN networks and VOIP systems
- Building computer systems and repairing hardware and software components
- Operation and maintenance of a portable boom
- Project management and coordination of numerous business processes and personnel used in the delivery of IT services. Working in small teams to complete vast projects