Seasoned IT Engineer with extensive hands - on Linux systems experience in both the Web-Hosting and Financial Services industries for the past 5+ years. Self-starter with team player attributes, specializes in task automation and monitoring script generation with the use of Bash, Shell and Ruby scripting languages.Strong knowledge of Database, Monitoring and Web server design/build utilizing the Solaris Operating System. Strong oral and written communication skills that help develop better working relationships across business and technology groups. Looking for opportunities to test my skills and learn the latest technologies.
Operating: System: RHEL/CentOS 6.x and 7.x, FreeBSD 9 and 10, Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2 and 2012/2012 R2.
Networking:: SAMBA, TCP/IP, DHCP, Cisco, Layer2 and 3 Switches, Wireless controllers and access points, Routers, SSH, FTP, LAN/WAN, VLAN, MPLS Networks or T1 circuits, Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimization.
Server:: Apache, Send mail, Oracle RAC, Nagios, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NIS, SMTP, AD, Password server, Samba, SSH, and FTP, Prime Infrastructure 2.0, Exchange servers .
Scripting: language - basic Bash Shell, Python
Installation: and Configuration -Ansible, Nagios System Monitoring. LDAP, 389, HTTP, FTP, NFS, LVM, Oracle RAC, EMC SAN (Clirion CX300 and CX600, VNX5300).
Hardware:: IBM System X series, Lenovo Think Servers RD series, HP-DL and G series, Dell PowerEdge series. Storage administration: RAID arrays, SAN (EMC, NETapp), NAS.
Database: MySQL, SQL
Application and Web Server:: Appache(httpd), Apache Tomcat, Jboss, WebLogic, Oracle RAC, WebShare.
Monitoring: - Nagios system monitoring, Opsview monitoring.
System Security and Troubleshooting utilities: Wireshark, ping, tcpdump, telnet, netstat, netcat, Nmap, iptables, tcpwrappers and selinux, iptables and firewalld.
DevOps Tools: Ansible, Nagios, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Jira, iTOP, Confluence.
Virtualization: VMware - ESXi 5.x and 6.x Server, VMware converter, Xen Server 6.x and 7.x
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Developed bash scripts for adding servers/client to DNS master (updating lookup zones), adding servers to Nagios master for monitoring and also automated ssh key exchange process between controller and nodes for Ansible, firewall configuration (RHEL 7) and iptables (RHEL 6) and etc.;
- Automated project requests by writing BASH and RUBY scripts.
- Maintained git repositories related to sysops to replicate and automate operations related tasks .
- Utilized RPM and YUM for installation of packages for patching purposes along with management of servers.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using NAGIOS, Check MK. .
- Good working knowledge of ANSIBLE , setup of ANSIBLE environment and implementation of different applications & services through ANSIBLE playbook.
- Supported and maintenance VMware ESXi in customer data center.
- Remotely administered the application servers using VPN and SSH.
- Troubleshooting issues in a RHEL enterprise environment affecting customers' deadlines and productivity in a manner that minimizes intrusions in customers' ability to carry out business activities.
- Deploying Virtual Machines and physical servers using PXE-Boot with customized kickstart profiles.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation is accurate and maintained on a timely basis.
- Deep understanding of change management and processes.
- Mounted resources using NFS and SAMBA .
- Configured and managed network interfaces.
- Provisioned new servers, imaging, and daily monitoring and maintenance of over 400 servers.
- Experience with automation tools like ANSIBLE and NAGIOS .
- Providing 24/7 technical support to Production and development environments.
- Participated on AWS project in building webservers with EC2 instances connected to S3 buckets with a few load balancers;
- Wrote/created several Ansible (version 2.8.2)playbooks/roles: configuring a load balancer,configuring apache server,configuring mirror server,updating kernel,playbooks for pushing several config files such as resolv.conf, chrony.conf, autofs configuration files,etc.;
Confidential, New York City, NY
System Software Engineer
- Performed day to day LINUX administration such as user accounts, logon scripts, directory services, file system shares and permissions etc.;
- Day to day administration which includes installation, upgrade & loading patch management & packages;
- Install and configure virtual machines for clients;
- Created users with root’s privileges and also users with limited root’s privileges called the sudo users;
- Configured and maintained Software Raids, LVM and Hardware Raids;
- Created Logical volumes for clients using LVM;
- Managed the complete Network File System (NFS);
- Setup NFS and Samba File sharing setup on Linux and Windows servers;
- Configured various network services- DNS, LDAP, DHCP,NFS, Send Performance monitoring with conventional tools such as top, sar, netstat, iostat, etc.;
- Monitored performance of servers using tools such a Nagios , sar, top,htop,free,vmstat and iostat;
- Installed, monitored and maintained hardware/software related issues on Linux systems;
- Maintained and scheduled company backups and participate in disaster recovery planning, Zoning on Fiber Channel Switches, load balancing the network;
- Planning and coordinating activities related to upgrades and maintenance on the system;
- Upgraded and configured hardware including network cards, SCSI cards,fiber cables, memory, HDD’s, CPU’s and etc;
- Created Ansible playbook (runs several roles with one playbook) to configure and connect all newly created machines with DNS, LDap, Nagios,mirror server, ntp/chrony server,nfs server,sftp server and also configures firewalld and installs all initial packages ( man, vim etc.).
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
- Performed standard system administration tasks, such as troubleshooting and problem resolution, patching, installing packages using rpm and yum and update, drivers,software and hardware upgrades;
- Password management, allow other users sudo access.
- Extensively interacted with the WEB, DBA and APP teams in the process of installation, configuration and administration of new Fault Tolerant Cluster Linux servers (mostly RedHat) and VMware ESX servers on Dell Hardware ;
- Configured services such as DNS,DHCP,NFS,Sendmail,Apache Web Server, Tomcat, LAMP (Linux+Apache+Mysql+PHP), Samba, SSH, FTP, http,RPM and YUM;
- Participated in Hardening internet facing systems to provide maximum availability and security;
- Took part in a Disaster Recovery Procedures to test redundancy between production and backup centers;
- Performed troubleshooting existing user accounts, security objects and authorizations to resolve security conflicts by creating sudo users, supporting users, setting up new accounts,password resets;
- Performed Memory and Swap management to improve optimization and performance of the servers.
- Involved in Daily incident management and resolved the day to day problems raised by the users and incidents which are logged by Event monitoring system;
- Created status reports, project plans and attend team meetings to coordinate activities;