- Over 7 years of IT industry experience as System Administrator, DevOps, and Production Support of various applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and skilled with Windows Server 2008 - r2/2012-r2 on various hardware platforms and AWS cloud.
- Extensively worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features that include EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch and In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Deployed and configured chef server including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning and created roles, recipes, cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS, Applications, Services, Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3, Route53 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with multiple AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and experience working on implemented security groups.
- Worked in various levels in the infrastructure team on Installation, configuration and administration on Redhat-Linux (5x, 6x& 7x), CentOS (5x, 6x and 7x), Ubuntu (7x, 8x, 9x & 10x), SUSE Linux (9x, 10x & 11x), AIX (V5.3 & 6.1), Redhat Satellite 6, and Windows Environment like Windows Server 2008-R2/2012-R-2.
- Experience in System Administration, Configuration, upgrading, Patches, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX & LINUX Systems.
- Good knowledge of implementing configuration management tools Chef, Ansible and treating Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source control management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, SVN X, Uber SVN, Stash, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT GUI and other command line applications.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest tracking tools.
- Experience administering and configuring NoSQL Databases like Cassandra, MongoDB and RDBMS like MySQL, DB2, etc.
- Expertise in Shell Scripting and Perl Scripting for Environment Builds and Automating Deployment on WebSphere Application Servers and WebLogic Application Servers.
- Expertise in scripting for automation and monitoring using Shell, PHP, Python & Perl scripts for all day-to-day DevOps and System Administration related tasks.
- Ability to pick up new technologies, solve complex technical/runtime problems and multitask between different projects.
- Provided on-call Production Support (24x7), monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications in Development, TEST, QA, Staging and Production Environments.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills, ability to lead bridge calls during production issues.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, AIX, Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Automation/Build: Chef, Ansible, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson & Bamboo
Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, CouchDB.
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss.
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center.
Version Control: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Visual SVN
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Linux Administrator/DevOps Engineer
- Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x and CentOS includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading, patching and troubleshooting day-to-day issues.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code and Integrate with (CI) for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Created Shell Scripts to monitor the administrative tasks and automated the tasks to free up the resources using Cron jobs and configured A10 Load Balancer to load balance the traffic to WebSphere Servers.
- Maintain environments by applying necessary fix packs/feature packs. Monitor application server performance and respond appropriately.
- Migrated on premise database to AWS Cloud and designed, built, and deployed a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, RDS, SNS, and IAM), by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling with opscode chef cookbooks and recipes.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Developed terraform scripts to build, change and version infrastructure as code using AWS as provider and launch multi-tiered stack to be provisioned and configured with terraform scripts.
- Utilized Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/Git and used Ant/Maven to build War/Ear artifacts.
- Implemented branching strategies, cloning repositories and merging the code to master branch without any code conflicts using GIT as Source Code Management.
- Used Docker for packaging applications and designed the entire cycle of application development and used Virtualized Platforms for Deployment of containerization of multiple apps.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins and Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for groovy projects.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized platforms for containerization of multiple applications, dockerized application which included packaging, tagging and pushing the image to the Jfrog Artifactory .
- Automated deployments, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provided container-centric infrastructure by Kubernetes.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks using YAML scripts for launching different EC2 virtual servers in the cloud using Auto-scaling and Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Involved in continuous integration and continuous deployment system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the system to build, test and deploy.
- Implemented SonarQube with our Continuous Integration Process using Jenkins to measure and analyse the source code quality.
- Deployed Different kinds of AWS storage gateways for moving the on-prem data to AWS and utilize various services like S3, Glaciers, EBS volumes.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks and used Rally for tracking user stories and backlogs.
- Created Dashboards, Reports and Alerts in Splunk, Grafana and AppDynamics for monitoring the Response Times, System Performance and the Number of requests of the New API’s Deployed.
- Planning, implementation and testing of new Data Centre for Disaster Recovery migrations, involved in an Agile/ Scrum environment and daily stand-up meetings.
- Work with development, testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Installed, configured WebSphere Application Server (6.x/7.x), IBM Http Server, applied refresh packs, fix packs and cumulative fixes on AIX, Solaris, Linux Systems.
- Utilized Shell, JACL and Jython scripting for administration, maintenance and troubleshooting for all day-to- day activities within our team.
- Creating Problem Management Record (PMR) with IBM if there were any unresolved bugs.
- Experienced in migrating the applications from WebSphere 5.x to WebSphere 6.x and installation of fix packs.
- Involved in tuning WebSphere Application Server components such as Web Container & Data Source Connection Pools, JVM Heap, and Servlets response time.
- Installed and configured IBM Http Server, installed WebSphere plug-in, involved in generating plug-in file and solving plug-in related issues.
- Used WebSphere Admin Console and wsadmin/JACL/Jython scripting to install enterprise EAR, WAR files or for hot deployment.
- Configured and handled Wily Introscope for monitoring the performance and for troubleshooting of WebSphere environment.
- Involved in configuration of WebSphere Application Server resources like JDBC, J2C, JMS and Connection Pooling.
- Installation of SSL certificates on the WebServers using ikeyman tool.
- Worked as a part of 24/7 on-call support team for production environment.