IT security specialist experienced in a wide range of technologies with talent for aligning security architecture, plans, controls, processes, policies and procedures with security standards and operational goals
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
Strategic and Tactical planning, System Administration, Operating Systems Security Network Security and Countermeasures, Risk and Assets Management, Recovery System, Application Integration, Penetration Testing, Help Desk Services, Customer Insights, LAN, WAN Technologies. GLBA, HIPAA and SOX regulatory laws.
KEY APPLICATION AND HARDWARE SKILLS: Application: MOS VMWare, Window Server 2008, 2012, 2106 versions, Window OS XP, 7, 8 and 10, Linux OS Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, Linux Mint, Microsoft Office - Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Microsoft Security Defender and Symantec Backup Exec.
Connectivity and Hardware: Cisco Catalyst Routers and Switches, Cisco Unified Computing System Blade Server, Cisco Fabric, Interconnect Switches 6400, Cisco ASA 5500, Cisco SonicWall NSSP 12800 UTM Firewall, Cisco FortiGate 1000D UTM Firewall, Juniper IDPS 1800, HP Proliant Server, HP SANFP 2000, DNS Server, DHCP Server, Web Server SQL Injections, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP and RAID Systems.
Network and Security Technologies: Frame Relay, PPP, Access Control List ACL, Network Address Translation NAT, Port Address Translation. PAT, SMTP, ARP, TCP, UDP, Static Router, VLAN Trunking, Multi Area OSPF, VLAN, Ether Channel, GLBP, Peripheral Technologies; 802.11, SSID, CA, AAA, TACAS, SSH, PVLAN, Firewall, VPN Tunneling, Cisco ACS, Cisco ASA 5000, IPSEC, DMZ, Port Scanning and MAC Address Filtering., NIST SP 800 Series, The ISO 27000 Series, BCP, IR, BIA, ACL, Vulnerability Scanners, Protocol AnalyzersAutomated Log Analyzers, Nessus, Retina, Wireless Security Tools Aircrack, Kissimet, insider, Encryption Keys 56, and 128-bit keys, NTFS, MDS, Wireshark. Digital Forensics Tools and Cloud Computing.
SENIOR CYBER SECURITY ANALYST
- Provides SME level input, conducts intuitive analysis and processes relating to Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- Working in a SIEM environment
- Provides incident remediation and prevention documentation
- Recommend enterprise information security standards - including management, operational, and technical security controls
- Provide cybersecurity and risk management expertise for various initiatives and programs
- Involved with system development, management and continuous monitoring by providing the requisite EPLC security support for Information systems from requirement definition phase to disposal.
- Involved with EPLC efforts at providing a consistent and effective approach to IT investment and governance in achieving desired departmental goals and objectives
- As part of continuous monitoring: Conducted Risk Assessments, Annual Assessments and Tests according to NIST a and ITCP test requirements. Also, supported several audit requirements for Finance related systems such as the annual OIG and A-123 audits
- Provide technical and operational leadership for cyber-security incident response
- Assist with triage, prioritization and response to cyber-security events and incidents
- Act as technical incident lead during major cyber-security incidents
- Continuously improve maturity and operational efficiency of the team - including methodologies, processes, detection use cases and response playbooks
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of cyber threats
- Drive continuous learning and knowledge sharing within the team
- Perform systems and network administration on configuration managed systems as assigned
- Executes case reviews and performs quality assurance for regulatory compliance
- Work with developers, system/network administrators, and other associates to ensure secure design, development, and implementation of applications and networks
- Perform network traffic analysis using raw packet data, network flow, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), and custom sensor output from communication networks
- Assist the Cyber Security Manager with the development of the IA related Procedures, and Work instructions
- Tracks performance metrics and provides timely updates to CSOC management
- Develop, improve and help implement best practices for risk reduction across a broad range of enterprise applications, systems, networks and interfaces
- Assists with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions
- Works with clients to implement system security measures, assists with computer security plans and documentation and provides technical guidance and .
- Experience of security analysis, testing, and documentation
- Strong ability in security assessments and the ability to document and measure with KPI’s.
- Expertise in communication protocols, network operating systems, servers, web, firewall implementation, IPS/IDS systems and advanced malware detection systems.
- Broad understanding of computer networking, technology, and customer service with a security focus.
- Hands on production level experience with firewalls.
- Adding, deleting, creating, modifying user account and assigning appropriate permission and access rights.
- Answering technical queries and responsible for the protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) such as name, date of birth, social security number and address.
- Perform system auditing and implement password authentication policy.
- Implement and perform system hardening as an effective security control measure.
- Configure and install systems updates, anti-virus software to mitigate against virus, worms and malware attack.
- Provides network and systems administration assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software including printing, word processing, electronic mail and installation of Operating Systems.
- Troubleshoot and assist users in common login, file access and printer issues.
- Implement hardware naming, tagging, labelling and identification on the network.
- Perform system data backup and implement data recovery plans.
- Provide technical assistance and support to computer users.
- Provides both technical and administration assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, word processing, electronic mail and installation of Operating Systems.
- Configure DHCP server to automatically assign IP address to computer nodes on the network.
- Adding, deleting, creating and modifying user accounts, resetting passwords and assigning or granting access permission and rights to files.
- Perform stress test on the network infrastructure and implement performance monitoring on servers.
- Implement and configure system auditing and strong password authentication policy and procedure.
- Perform systems backup and implement data security protection and with effective data recovery plan to avoid unavailability of data.
- Install anti-virus software to prevent against virus, worms and malware attack.
- Design and Implement security and awareness program.
- Assist in infrastructure planning, design, implementation, optimization and disaster recovery planning to enhance performance and effective budget control.
- Responsible for supporting distributed computing and network operations and procedures such as WIN NT 4.0, Novell Network, Unix and Linux Operating Systems.
- Provides technical support for computer systems, workstations, peripheral equipment such as printers, scanners and other network devices like routers, hubs, bridges, switches, firewalls, IDS, IPS and proxy servers.
- Hardware and software experience to insure uninterrupted availability of data and network operations.
- Also performs hardware repair, software configuration, data transmission, signaling, switching and routing components used in communication networks.
- Knowledge of the policies, practices, tools for protecting data and information security and ability to troubleshoot simple network problems.
- Perform network traffic analysis using raw packets data, network flow, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and custom sensor output from communication network.
- Configure DHCP server to automatically IP address to nodes in the network.
- Configure and install anti-virus software for effective systems and network performance against virus, worms and malware attack.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Escalate any unresolved issues to senior network engineer management lead.
- Repair and replace some hardware device components and install device drivers.