- Experience in UNIX/LINUX, RedHat Linux Administration, Engineering and Development of Information Systems.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, maintaining, design, development, implementation, and support on, & Red - Hat EL4.x/EL5.x/EL6.x/EL7.x Linux IBM AIX 5.3/6.1 and Solaris 9/10/11 Operating Environments.
- Experience in Solaris 10/11 containers, zones, resource management and the service management facility.
- Experience in SAN migration, Physical to Virtual and Virtual to Physical hardware migrations.
- Experience in moving servers between the data centers.
- Produced, maintained, and improved documentation on various internal processes, OS standards, and refresh cycle schedules.
- E xperience in installation of OracleRAC 11g on Solaris V10, V11 servers .
- Knowledge of F5 Load Balancer with Web servers to provide scalability and reliability.
- Install, configure and administer JIRA and Confluence and other development tools.
- Administered VMware virtual machines, hypervisors and clusters with support from virtualization engineers.
- Experience in Shell (BASH/Korn) and PERL Scripts for Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using shell scripting and Python.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Red hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7, Windows, Solaris V9/10/11
Enterprise Servers & Middleware: IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5/8.0/7.0, Apache HTTP/Tomcat, WebLogic
Tools: Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Net backup, Cluster Server, Service Now, LDAP, Active Directory, Centrify, Splunk, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, VMware, MS Office, HP-ALM, Jira, Jenkins.
Programming Language: C, VB Script, Basic Java, Shell Scripting, Bash/Korn, Perl, Python
Database: ORACLE, MySQL-SQL, MS SQL Server
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Web Browsers:: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP, Cisco Routers / Switches &LAN
Storage: LVM, SCSI, Ext3, Ext4, Ext5, XFS, NAS, SAN, RAID, Net App Filters, ZFS, EMC
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Installing, configuring and updating Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 and CentOS on HP ProLiant /Dell servers using kickstart & jumpstart support for various applications run on Red hat Linux environment, configuration, performance tuning, patching and maintenance.
- Worked with outside vendors on implementation of network switches, load balancers and traffic generators.
- Installing, upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 10 and 11 on Sun Servers Using Jumpstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Developed scripts for automating administration tasks like customizing user environment, and performance monitoring and tuning with nfsstat, netstat, iostat, vmstat.
- Used VERITAS VOLUME MANAGER to create disk groups, volumes, volume groups, and RAID’s.
- Managed separate VMware clusters like QA, Development and Production.
- Setup and configured TCP/IP network on Red Hat LINUX .
- Provisioned x86 and SPARC based cool thread servers using Jumpstart and upgraded from Solaris 10 to Solaris 11 using live upgrade and provisioned RHEL 6 and 7 servers using Kickstart.
- Worked with Red Hat Linux tools like RPM to install packages and patches for Red Hat Linux server and Vir-Install, Vir-manager to install and manage the Virtualized OS.
- Built servers from the scratch with Solaris 11 environment and configured applications, storage and other peripherals. Also, supported existing servers on Solaris 10 environments.
- Configured Jumpstart server with install server, boot server, and installed Solaris 11 environment on Sun Enterprise, SunFire servers and updated the patches as the enterprise procedures.
- Used Veritas Cluster Server (VCS)to verify Failover/Pre-Failback/Failback in case of outage in the high environment.
- Managing disk storage with Veritas Volume Manager and Solaris Volume Manager with Veritas File System VxFS.
- Managing GPFS cluster, managing GPFS node set, starting and stopping GPFS.
- Working on Solaris Zones and building LDOMS.
- Maintained/Administrated the current storage environments (SAN, NAS, etc) as well as make recommendation for optimal solutions to support business initiatives.
- Installed EMC Power path for configuring and managing the multipath of LUNs provisioned for the Solaris servers.
- Mirrored the root drives using SVM and manage the LUNs provisioned from EMC storage using VxVM. As a process created disk groups, volumes and file systems and export/import disk groups, resize file systems and troubleshoot issues with the file systems.
- Worked closely with different teams providing single-sign on solutions using Netegrity SiteMinder.
- Creating user roles and groups for securing the resources using LDAP authentication .
- Worked on Setting up the Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Wrote Shell scripts using Ksh, Bash, Perl for process automation of regular system administration tasks, databases, applications, backup and scheduling and PowerShell scripts for user management.
- Worked on Migrating the application from Web Sphere to Jboss.
- Configured JBOSS application servers to deploy the code.
- Installed Apache Tomcat Server and configured SSL with it.
- Configured Oracle MySQL database on Tomcat server.
- Deployed Java applications on Apache Tomcat Server and administrated.
- Install, configure, and manage virtual machines using VMware ESX, Xen Virtualization (vir-install & vir-manager).
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Git. Whenever a new Git branch gets started, Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker container from it.
- Created Incident tickets, Requests and Changes using Service Now/Remedy ticketing tool.
- Created Incident tickets and assigned to support group, transfer to one support group to another support group using ITIL tool.
- Contribute to the development of Disaster Recovery procedures and Post Test Reports.
- Created and reviewed RFC to schedule patching for UAT and production Servers.
- Created virtual switches and port groups, configure virtual networking settings for redundancy by teaming up NICs, and configure network traffic, security and load balancing policies.
- Used VERITAS NetBackup tool for backup and recovery.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Linux Systems Admin
- Comfortable and flexible with installing, updating and configuring various flavors of UNIX and Windows .
- Good knowledge in LAMP setup.
- Setting up Splunk monitoring on Red Hat Linux and Windows systems.
- Created and configured management reports and dashboards in Splunk for application log monitoring.
- Documented all build and process related items. Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
- Created RHEL and Windows Virtual Machines as per the business requirements.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using SVN Tools.
- Performed and deployed builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Maintained and executed build scripts by coordinating with development and QA teams.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x and Solaris 10 comprising of testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Responsible for hardware, firmware, Network & Firewall troubleshooting and upgraded, maintained Linux/Unix servers.
- Experienced in configuring Kickstart and Jumpstart servers to initiate installation of Red Hat Linux and Solaris on several machines.
- Installed and applied the patches to the Solaris 10, Oracle and WebLogic running on Solaris 10 environment to keep the applications updated.
- Planned/installed/maintained clustered environments for distributed applications using VERITAS Cluster, Sun Cluster and Red Hat Linux Cluster.
- Using Service Now/ITIL ticketing tool, created Incident tickets, Requests and Changes.
- Created Incident tickets and assigned to support group, transfer to one support group to another support group using Service Now tool.
- Maintained a disaster recovery plan by documenting current system configuration, identifying, analyzing, and evaluating critical data/hardware issues and documentation and testing plan.
- Created manual Test Cases in HP QC/HP ALM for various User Stories based on Release and Sprint Plan.
- Executed test cases and test scripts for manual testing. Defects are raised in the HP Quality Center/HP ALM for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on SSH, NFS, DHCP, DNS, HTTPD services.
- Created Bash/Korn shell scripts to monitor system resources and system maintenance.
- Worked on MySQL server administration on Linux and Windows
- Conducted analysis and evaluation of existing systems to upgrade latest versions of JIRA.
- Developed manual and write technical documents for NAS and SAN.
- Designed and integrated centralized SAN solution, increasing application speed and decreasing production database refresh times.
- Mirrored existing logical volumes & created volume groups, disk groups & set up the RAID (0, 1 and 5) using VERITAS volume manager.
- Administration of NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts , send mail and Print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Installed and configured Sudo for users to access the root privileges and Performed User Account management, data backups, and users' logon support.
- Involved in creating logical volumes, backups, managed large hard disk farms and resized disk partitions using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands on Red hat Linux.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cronjobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Creation and management of user accounts and groups according to the security needs and adding the packages and patches when needed and Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- Good knowledge in awk & Stream Editor (Sed) and using them in in Unix Shell script.
- Remote monitoring and optimization of Server for File system, disk utilization, Memory utilization, threshold maintenance and Network traffic.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and UPDATE in Red Hat Linux.
Confidential, Norman, OK
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Redhat/SuSE Linux, AIX operating systems.
- Implementing file sharing on the network by configuring NFS on the system to share essential resources.
- Worked on building and supporting on Sun Midrange platforms and IBM AIX Midrange platforms.
- Worked on performance tuning in Solaris, Linux & HP-UX.
- Performed package and patching management and debugging in all flavors of UNIX& Linux.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and failures for various Solaris servers (Core dump and log file analysis).
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager (VXVM), Veritas file system (VFS). Implementation of RAID techniques and creation disk groups and volumes. Managing disks and file system using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), HP Service Guard in HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Installed, configured and managed Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Patches and Package administration for installation of patches as per company policy and installation of packaged application.
- Installed, configured and managed Redhat Cluster Suite in Linux servers.
- Worked on live upgrades in Solaris and HP-UX servers. Configured and managed Zeta byte File System (ZFS) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux Servers.
- Performed configuration and troubleshooting of services like NFS, NIS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, Web servers, Samba server, and Apache server.
- Planned and implemented migrations from lower end to higher end in OS level and Hardware level in HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Configured and managed Redhat satellite Network server, performing package management tasks and Terrata updates.