- Over 8 years of professional experience in IT Support and System Administration.
- Extensive experience in setting up and maintaining Domains with Active Directory services in Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 for single or multiple domains.
- Proven experience is supporting (L3) Windows Operating Systems, AD DS, DNS, DHCP, System Center Products and other enterprise applications.
- Experience is assisting L1 and L2 support teams in resolving Enterprise critical issues and involving Network/DB/Storage Admins, whenever required.
- Experience in Installing and Configuring Hyper - V, SCVMM, vCenter, VMware Vsphere, ESX/ESXi Server and Virtual Machines.
- Experienced in Hyper-V and ESXi Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up VM properties, Templates, and Snapshots; Created various VM and VApp Templates and created VMs from Templates.
- Hands-On experience in Patching servers with WSUS, VMware update manager and Dell/Quest KACE K1000, Windows Server Cluster-aware Updating.
- Executed various P2V and V2V conversions using VMware Converter, PlateSpin Migrate, VMM and Disk2VHD with Hyper-V.
- E xperienced in working with the v Motion, Live Migration, + VMware HA, Failover Clustering, Storage vMotion and Quick Storage Migration technologies.
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with Hyper-V, System Center VM Management, VSphere, VMware ESXi 5.5/5.1/5/4.5/4/3.5 , and Virtual Center server.
- Experienced in managing Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Print Servers, IIS Web Servers, File Servers, DFS.
- Experience in administering SQL Server 2005 and 2008 & R2, SharePoint 2007 and 2010, MS Exchange 2007/2010 and O365 troubleshooting.
- Experienced in performing application/software deployment automations using MS System Center Configuration Manager; SCCM 2007 R2 and SCCM 2012 R2 SP1.
- Experienced administering Windows Servers, AD, DNS, Hyper-V and SCVMM using PowerShell.
- Ability to understand Enterprise Applications and support them on the go.
- Proficient in troubleshooting SQL server 2005 and 2008R2 issues.
- Ability to handle Windows server 2003 & R2, 2008 & R2 and 2012 & R2 servers.
- Knowledge of EMC and Tivoli Storage Manager for backups
- Experience in configuring, managing and supporting HP DL series and Dell PowerEdge servers.
Hyper: V, ESXi
Storage/Backup: EMC, TSM, IBM Spectrum Protect
Database: SQL Server 2005, 2008/r2, 2012r2, 2014, 2016
Documentation Tools: Cisco IOS, MS Office, MS Visio, Office 365, MS SharePoint, LIBRE Office, MS Exchange; MS SCCM
Operating Systems: Windows XP,7/8,10, 2008/r2 and 2012/r2, 2016 and Linux, Unix
PowerShell, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, App: V, InstallSheild, Process/task automation
Confidential, Downers Grove, IL
Active Directory Systems Engineer
- Plan and prepare environment before the migration for approximately 25,000 to 30,000 users from 66 AD domains into a Single AD domain.
- Migrate User objects and Security groups and their SIDs from the source domain to the target domain.
- Set up Active Directory sites and subnets for newly incorporated Operating Companies (OpCos).
- Conduct workshops for IT administrators at the Operating companies on using Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT) and Quest Migration Manager for AD to migrate Computer objects from source domain to the target domain.
- Troubleshoot any issues that come up in the Windows domain migration process.
- Create GPOs for newly incorporated OpCos and assist in migrating GPOs from existing legacy domain.
- Conduct workshops for OpCo administrators to map drives to GPO’s for all domains in the scope of the migration.
- Enforce DNS Search Suffix GPOs are being applied to Organizational Units for the OpCos being migrated.
- Perform DNS and DHCP migrations for Operating companies after all user and computer objects have been migrated to the target domain.
- Ensure full functionality of the migrated objects on the target domain and address any concerns or issues and provide solutions to rectify them.
- Support and troubleshoot any DNS related issues for the migrated Operating Companies.
- Ensure migrated operating companies follow Dover Active Directory standards and procedures.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to plan, setup, prepare and schedule migrations for the next Operating Company that is available for the migration.
- Document procedures and issues for future migrations and help improve the procedures for Dover Business Services IT.
Confidential, Medford, OR
Active Directory Systems Engineer
- Determine business requirements; analyze, design, configure, troubleshoot, and install complex software and hardware systems, operating systems and utilities
- Responsible for developing architecture and plans to provide corporate direction
- Active Directory System integration of Confidential & David systems into 1800Flowers.com
- Coordinate with business, plan server migrations to a trusted domain using Dell (Quest) Migration Manager for Active Directory.
- Support business in troubleshooting all migration related issues, including SQL, Kerberos authentication related issues.
- Worked on migrating Windows 2003 SQL cluster migrations to a trusted domain.
- Worked on rebuilding Clusters build on Windows 2008 r2, Windows server 2012 and Windows server 2012 r2
- Migrated SharePoint, MBAM servers across domain and ensured full functionality to the end-user.
- Built a Hyper-V 2012r2 Farm to consolidate the Hyper-V environment by migrating Virtual machines from 3 different Hyper-V farms/storage to the new storage for the new Hyper-V farm.
- Worked with Windows Server 2008 r2 Hyper-V core installations, Windows server 2008 r2 Hyper-V Full installations, Windows server 2012 Hyper-V full installations and Windows server 2012 r2 Hyper-V full installations
- Experienced in managing Hyper-V Virtual machines using SCVMM 2008r2, SCVMM 2012 and SCVMM 2012r2
- Set up a new SCVMM 2012r2 environment to manage all the Virtual machines that had been migrated from Hyper-V farms on a trusted domain.
- Support and troubleshoot issues with Windows, Linux and UNIX Virtual machines on the Hyper-V farm.
- Worked with SQL teams to rebuild Windows 2008r2 and Windows server 2012 SQL clusters on the trusted domain to ensure a seamless transition for the users connecting to the Enterprise SQL databases
- Performed various application deployments using SCCM 2007 R2 SP3 and SCCM 2012 R2 S1
- Played my role in migrating the existing SCCM 2007R2 infrastructure to SCCM 2012R2 using the Migration tool in the Administration tab of SCCM 2012R2 Console to copy over the Collections, Application/Driver and OS packages; Distribution point Migration.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, detailed analysis and tuning of systems.
- Prepare all required documentation for the portion of work assigned.
- Provide technical assistance and problem resolution to clients for enterprise applications.
- Actively pursue new technology knowledge, training and proactive problem resolution.
- Plan and coordinate medium projects and direct others to project completion. This includes leading project meetings, task management, estimating, project timelines, and resource allocation, prioritizing work, and managing the project as assigned under periodic review.
Confidential, Dayton, NJ
Active Directory/Virtualization Engineer
- Extensively managed Active Directory services such as User accounts, Domain accounts, managing permissions etc.
- Involved in operational support of Active Directory, WINS, DNS, and AD enabled applications.
- Installing and updating the windows patches.
- Involved in daily Performance monitoring and Active Directory troubleshooting with the ability to analyze server performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for Active directory, GPO, Domain users, administrating users and groups and given appropriate permissions and privilege to access our LAN and Domain environment
- Performed Active Directory deployments for client projects and also configured DNS configuration settings, Bridgehead servers for multi-site AD replication.
- Helped in auditing Datacenter Inventory in the process of Data center migration
- Creating NTFS shares on Windows Servers and provide permissions to users.
- Built and managed vCenter servers on VMware ESXi Server 5.0/5.1/5.5
- Experience in creating Clusters in Virtual Center and adding ESXi Hosts to Virtual Center Cluster.
- Worked on Migrating Virtual Machines with VMotion.
- Experience in creating and monitoring ResourcePool for Virtual Machines Resource Reservation and Limits.
- Troubleshoot computer/network, Internet and email problems for users.
- Creating and managing user accounts and the groups in Active Directory users and computers.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Troubleshoot computer/network, Internet and email problems for users.
- Setup and maintenance of new infrastructure of Printers and workstations.
- Perform troubleshooting of operating system and software infrastructure issues.
- Coordinating with different department and performing software and hardware updates.
- Backup user data and re-image workstations and ensure complete functionality for users on new workstations.
- Troubleshoot issues related to ODBC connections and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Handling incidents reported by users on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot and document procedures followed to resolve issues.
- Proficient in creating documentations using MS Visio.
VMware/Active Directory Administrator
- Install, configure and manage VMware ESX Server 3.5/4.0/4.5 and vCenter Server components and managed virtual center permissions.
- Managed Windows Active Directory Domain Administration and configuration of DNS/DHCP services.
- Experienced with Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory design, installation and design and deployment of enterprise-wide Group Policies using Active Directory components.
- Performed Migrations from 2003 Windows 2008 Active Directory. Enterprise wide software deployment, configured DNS for use with Active Directory, backup and test restore of Active Directory for disaster recovery, published resources in Active Directory and control access to them.
- VM migration across cluster level using v2v, Mount files option.
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, Implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using VMotion, Storage VMotion.
- Racking and configure Physical servers for Windows and ESX Hosts as per client requirement.
- Created various VMs and VApp templates.
- Creating and running work flows to deploy VMs using VMware Orchestrator.
- Perform troubleshooting of operating system and software infrastructure issues on Domain Controllers, Member Servers, Server Clusters, and Virtual Machine Farms.
- Worked on Piloting VMware Cloud Automation Console. Deployed and managed VMware Horizon desktops.
- Automated Patching with WSUS and VMware update manager.
- Managing Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, DFS, File Sharing and Print services.
- Monitoring the environment with VMware Operations Manager.
- Configuring and presenting various San Storage (Netapp and EMC)
- Configuring networking on VMware and Cisco switches including firewall and VPN.
- Creating Visio documents to document Data Center design.
- Install, configure and manage several Physical and virtual servers.
- Create various VMs and VApp templates and VMs from Templates.
- Patching servers with WSUS and VMware update manager
- Executed various P2V and V2V migrations as a part of consolidation using platespin and vmware convertor.
- Monitoring the environment with VMware Operations Manager
- Manage Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, DFS, File Sharing and Print services.
- Installing, updating and maintaining various GIS software for the GIS team.
- Installation and maintenance of GIS software and troubleshooting using remote desktop.
- Backup/recovery strategy of all windows based servers. Planned and implemented fault tolerance and strategies for backup and restoring files on the network using different media devices like tape drives, compact disk and additional hard disk etc.
- User Support - Monitor and troubleshoot system performance, server & user related issues. Provided support to users to resolve their day-to-day issues related to OS, E-mail, Account issues, hardware etc.