Jr. Linux Systems Administrator
- Investigated and analyzed all manner of workflow obstacles faced by clients and peers alike.
- After gaining an understanding of the problem, would proceed to develop and implement a solution:
- Developed scripts to automate tasks.
- Researched new technologies to implement within our environment.
- Managed support cases with vendors and applied resolutions.
- Maintened and administered the Linux infrastructure at Confidential:
- Across Dev/Test/Prod environments, totaling close to 300 Red Hat virtual servers.
- Across Dev/Prod AWS environments, totaling close to 125 Red Hat virtual servers.
- Participated in the monthly patching cycle, across all environments.
- Created and retired servers as requested.
- Handled troubleshooting issues, file/directory permission changes, and general user requests:
- Performed troubleshooting on non - responsive servers, errors, and other issues brought up by the user/developer community.
- Provided/revoked elevated privileges across servers.
- Aided users with package installations during development of new software.
- Regularly worked on and updated configuration management processes:
- Developed, tested, and implemented configuration management processes throughout all environments (Puppet/Ansible).
Tier 2 Desktop Support Technician
- Provided laptop workstation support to the users of Confidential
- Responsibilities ranged from printer installation, Windows Operating System troubleshooting, Microsoft Office and email support; to aiding users with presentation setup.
- Assisted all personnel, including the Director of the Confidential
- Provided on-call support as needed
- Provisioned laptops for new onboarding employees