A challenging position within Virtualization, Systems and Networking where in I may fully utilize my skills and further develop the professional skills that I have acquired during my and professional experience.
- Recognized as a results - driven Systems Administrator with many years of IT experience and solid background in Virtualization and System Administration in VMware and Wintel.
- Current platforms include Windows 2012 R2, 2008 R2, 2003, 7 and 10.
- Able to leverage experience in systems and data center management as a strong foundation for a variety of IT-related positions.
- Significant experience and strengths in data center consolidations and server migrations.
- Strong leader of high visibility projects with deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships across organization to ensure success.
- Easily adapt to changes in roles, responsibilities, and reprioritization of projects.
- Self-motivated, customer-focused team player with high energy and a strong work ethic.
Virtualization: ESXi 5.x/6.x, Virtual Appliances, VMware Workstation, VCenter, Horizon View VDI Servers/Client, VSAN, Veaam Backup and Replication, P2V-V2V Conversion, Storage Virtualization (iSCSI), Cloning-Templates, Permissions, Snapshots Management, Migrations, Clustering (HA, DRS, FT), Update Management and VDP.
Servers: Windows 2008r2/2012r2, Linux, Server Administration (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Sql Server, RSA/Radius, Backup/Recovery, FTP, RDP, DRS), SCOM2012 R2, SCCM2012 R2, VMware-VCenter/Esxi, MS Exchange 2010/2013, Office365 Hybrid, Confidential -CMC, Confidential ProLiant Servers, Confidential Left Hand San, NAS, Dell Power Edge R600/R700 series servers.
Protocols: TCP / IP, SIP, ARP, SNMP / SMTP, ICMP / IGMP, OSI protocol stack (Layer2 / Layer3).
Networking:: SolarWinds, Wireshark, WhatsUp Gold Monitoring, SSH/Telnet, Switching, Ethernet Adapters, NIC Teaming, Firmware Upgrades.
Programming / Scripting: Core Java, HTML / CSS, .Net Platform, Microsoft Office Suite.
Databases:: SQL, Database Management using MySQL, XML, Schema, XQuery.
Process Models: SDLC, Agile methodology, SCRUM, XP, Project Management.
Confidential, Burr Ridge, IL
- Deployment, configuration, maintenance and support of VMware vSphere 5.5/6.0 environment involving:
- VCenter (using VCServer & Web Console) - SQLServer, VCenter, Single SignOn, Inventory, Web Client. ESXi hosts (using SSH & ESXi Console) - Hypervisor. Virtual Machines (VCenter console & RDP) - Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, Linux-CentOS6/7.
- Features: Virtual Machines, migrations, cloning/templating, snapshot handling, P2V-V2V, clustering (HA, DRS, FT)capacity planning and sizing, VMWare Upgrade Manager for patching - VCenter and ESXi, user roles permissions, reporting, resource pooling.
- Virtual Infrastructure: Virtual Machine: CPU, Memory, Storage, VNICs, Virtual Appliances.
- Virtual Storage: iSCSI Storage and LUNs, VDP and VSANs.
- Virtual Network: VSwitches, port groups, NIC teaming and VLANs.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure: Horizon View Servers and Desktop managing over 100 users for different clients.
- Configure, upgrade and racking of physical servers/storage comprising Dell infrastructure including RAID, iDrac and OS.
- Create and manage Active Directory, users/groups/OUs, policies and security permissions in Windows Server platform, DNS configurations (in AD and third party using OpenSRS - Tucows), DHCP and network configurations.
- Maintaining VDP for VM level and Ahsay Online Backup Manager for file level backups and restores.
- Managing RSA-AM8.1 Server involving RSA keys, user registrations, two-factor VPN authentications over Cisco AnyConnect.
- Administer Exchange 2013 operations and managing users over hybrid Office 365 Infrastructure including mailbox migrations.
- Installed/configured and maintained SCCM 2012R2. Deployed Windows updates, pushing of software applications/SCCM client (including System Center Endpoint Protection).
- Installed/configured and maintained SCOM 2012R2 for resource monitoring of Windows Servers and SQL Server Databases.
- Knowledge of deploying, upgrading, maintaining SQL-Server2012/2014 over Windows Servers and Clusters.
- Involved in day to day monitoring and reporting of alerts/notifications for critical servers in Virtual Environment involving:
- File Integrity Checks using Ionx Verisys FIM
- Audit Log Events using Manage Engine
- Backup Completions using Ahsay Online Backup Manager
- System Center Operations using SCOM 2012
- Web Application Firewall using Imperva Secure Sphere Gateway
- Resource usage using VCenter resource monitor
- Implementing email protection for each user using Barracuda Spam Firewall.
- Acknowledging renewal alerts by requesting SSL certs from Authority Servers (Internal and External) and applying the s.
- Coordinating to resolve task and incident driven tickets involving administrative support to clients for issues with permissions, virtual/physical desktops, email/outlook, Office Applications, printers/scanners, etc.
- Participated in Weekly Status Meetings, Annual PCI compliancy audits to demonstrate current hardware, OS/applications and virtual platform and improve its security by applying best practices relating incident/change management thus assuring business continuity and disaster recovery.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Setup and configure Windows 2012 R2, 2008 R2, 2003 Servers in data centers deployed at branch office sites across the U.S.
- Design, implement and support application level services on Wintel Servers such as DNS/WINS, DHCP, FSMO roles, FTP and other 3rd party software. Configuring and Managing Active directory user / computer accounts, security / share level permissions, group policies.
- Support and troubleshoot network printing issues on laser, fax, scanners, and multifunction devices.
- Perform daily system backups and restores using BackupExec, Symantec Netbackup and Veeam Backup and Replications. Restoring data/Virtual machine from Backup. Scheduling and Management of daily and weekly backups and replications over Guest VMs and Physical Machines using Symantec Backup and Recovery.
- Client handling and interfacing with all vendors on technology-related issues.
- Support and manage Symantec Antivirus and McAfee VirusScan ePO v3.6 for over 4500 objects (workstations and servers).
- Supporting Exchange 2007/2010 user accounts. Set storage quotas on Exchange mailboxes.
- Administration of Office 365 and interfacing with vendor for troubleshooting and critical issues.
- Experience in VMware VSphere 5.5 , ESXi Architecture, guest O/S installation, setting up of VM priorities.
- Managing VMware infrastructure environment with 20 ESXi servers, 1000 plus virtual machines.
- Creating Clusters for High Availability (HA) and Distributive Resource Scheduling (DRS) and Fault Tolerance . Hot and Cold Migrations , Host Vmotion and Storage Vmotion of Virtual Machines. Moving VM’s from one LUN to another LUN using Storage VMotion.
- Managing Snapshots including Reverting back to previous snapshots, Consolidations and Deletions for VM backups and recovery.
- Monitor and manage VM & ESXi server resources (CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network Utilization). Monthly generation and analysis of Host availability report .
- Creating LANs over Cisco 881 series routers, 2900 series switches and access points.
- Supporting site to site VPN tunnels , V lans, interfaces, SNMP, telnet, SSH, DNS / Dhcp, Static routes, ACLs and NAT bindings.
- Implementing SNMP resource monitoring using WhatsUpGold to monitor resources pertaining to Routers, Switches, firewalls, ESXi servers and VMs.
- Troubleshooting of Exchange and Pop email passages through email spam filters like Barracuda.
- Plan and deploy server upgrades which include service packs, firmware and system updates.
- Setup, configure and manage Windows 2008, 2003 & 2000 Servers in corporate data center.
- Proficient in server hardware and configuration for IBM, Confidential and Dell.
- Address server alerts/malfunctions and resolve connectivity issues, reducing downtime.
- Update server BIOS and Firmware to ensure latest updates are installed, improving stability.
- Work as a team member to complete server decommissioning and migration projects.
- Contact hardware vendors to resolve any outstanding hardware repair issues. Maintain hardware inventory database to ensure onsite spare parts are on hand to minimize downtime.
- Supported Windows Servers & PCs in the corporate data center and remote sites (hardware: Dell, IBM, and Confidential ).
- Performed daily system backups/restores (Netbackup and Backup Exec.).
- Administered management servers for McAfee and Symantec antivirus products on workstations and servers.
- Setup network printers (MFDs) and print queues on Windows 2003 domain.
- Patched desktop computers with MS Office, Windows, and antivirus updates. Plan and deploy server upgrades including Firmware updates, service packs and system updates. Ensure security on all servers to prevent external attacks.
- Setup and configured network printers and multifunction devices ( Confidential, Canon, Lexmark, Xerox, and Lanier).
- Supported computers for phone operators in a Customer Call Center environment.
- Installed, resolved issues and trained users of all skill levels to use Microsoft Office Suite. Created technical documentation and knowledge-based articles. Handling of change management following SOP.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in Win2k/2003/2008 environment- Integrated log analysis, installation and administration, including user setup and defining roles, performance tuning, security monitoring, backup and restore, registry and scripting.
- P2V Conversions using converter and Vmotion, for Data Center server consolidation.
- Provide third level support to Lan Administrators for diagnostics, troubleshooting and resolution of Network and OS issues. Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software and other applications. Integrate servers, including database, print, backup servers and associated software into enterprise systems.
- Problem determination/resolution, change management, 24/7 on-call support for production servers, operations turnover support, server installation, maintenance and performance tuning. Maintained/modified network operating system monitor application programs, Capacity and performance, plan and evaluate HW & SW providing technical direction. Patch Management using Patchlink.
- Manage Active Directory objects including user accounts, computers objects and group policies.
- Installation and configuration of new Windows 2000/2003 Servers in Active Directory environments for off-site clients.
- Provide Active Directory and Windows to outside clients and provide technical support to remote corporate locations utilizing terminal services and remote control applications.
- Provide on-going support of network infrastructure for off-site customers as per agreements.
- Researched on optical communication technologies like SONET/SDH and IP/MPLS.
- Designing a WAN & LAN topology using different optical networking infrastructure.
- Simulated the topology over a tool applying various different input parameters like nodes addressing, bandwidths and wavelengths. Analyzed the results for wavelength conversion and traffic grooming performances.
Technical Support Engineer
- Resolving technical issues related to Operations System Infrastructure for the global Confidential clients, using knowledge base, online support system and remote assistance.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of Servers OS, Workstation desktops/laptops and Laser Printers.
- File server management, including Shared folder creation, access restriction through Security groups.
- Print Server management, including configuring printers, scanners, access restriction through Security groups.
- System support for Active Directory, maintaining group-policies, Windows Server 2003 and client systems. Administer user access to the network systems. Allocate and monitor server resources.
- Managing DNS, DHCP & WINS, TCP/IP settings for the network.
- Implementing security policies using Windows Firewalls, Updates and Patches.
- Scheduled maintenance of client machines using Norton Antimalware and Virus Scans.
- Using Citrix Metaframe application as Remote Desktop Management tool.
- Created Technical Reports to be analyzed by Team Leaders & Quality Assurance personnel.
- Installed, configured and provided support for Windows NT/2000 workstations.
- Repaired, installed, and maintained hardware on client stations.
- Management and maintenance of on-site Confidential and Canon printers.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining inventory logs of all computer equipment.
- Created database named Brain Air using MySQL to store the ticket information for customers.
- Storing the booking information in the corresponding tables using stored procedures. Using views to provide the booking and payment information to customers.
- ER diagrams, Normalization, Indexing, Serialization (assigning of User Access Rights), Transactions using MySQL, Query Optimization and Database Security.
Skills: SQL, Database Management using MySql, XML, XPath, XML Schema, XQuery .